GWENT’s Fifth Expansion ‘Master Mirror’ revealed!

+

It is official! The newest free expansion for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game is coming to PC, iOS and Android on June 30th, 2020. But no need to wait! Dive into the world of the Master Mirror right now and enjoy this brand new trailer:

The Master Mirror expansion brings over 70 new cards to GWENT, themed after the shadowy, powerful influence of Gaunter O’Dimm — Master Mirror himself — and his role in key events in the Continent’s history. Among these new cards are faction-specific ones, including a brand new Legendary card type which evolves in both appearance and power as the battle progresses. 11 neutral cards are also included, which can be used across all GWENT factions. In addition, new statuses and abilities will also be introduced, bringing with them a fresh set of tricks and strategies to take advantage of in the heat of combat.

In anticipation of the upcoming release, we added a number of Master Mirror pre-order offers to the GWENT in-game store. These packs will grant you access to new cards from the expansion upon its release, with a unique Gaunter O’Dimm leader skin, as well as a Master Mirror-inspired cardback and title also available in specific packs — ready to equip in-game immediately following purchase. That means you do not have to wait for the release of the expansion to already wear these new items.

We hope you are as excited as we are and join us on this next adventure! For more detailed information on the new expansion and all things related to GWENT, please visit playgwent.com.

Wow, that trailer is amazing, and I can't tell how excited I am.
It's been quite some time since I played Hearts of Stone, but just listening to the melody brings back the complete Gaunter song.

One of those new arts was revealed ages ago. Now it's finally tied to a card. :D

This expansion looks awesome. Tons of stuff and a really cool trailer. I do wonder what "evolving cards" will be like.

Expansion seems really cool. It will be really hard to wait for a month now. :cry:
Gaunter was such a well written character that left huge impact on players. I am really happy to see him involving new expansions. Looking forward to see Dev Stream now.

I am sorry, but why is there a hairy vagina on the cardback?

And it's even "evolving" with time. :LOL:

ddd.png

I see six new abilities will be added: Symbiosis, Devotion, Conspiracy, Echo, Veteran, Rupture, Veil.
Feels like far too many new effects from one update. I really hope they will be more or less balanced.

Master Mirror is a very interesting card. Something tell me I'm gonna love it.

Last edited:
Rupture seems pretty interesting as a mechanic. It feels like a different take on poison and could be pretty much be a test run for adding more Rupture/changing poison in the future.

While it normally kills the targeted unit, there are a lot of ways to play around/with it to get some value out of the card nonethelss.
In general, order abilities will still resolve, also you can shield and purify it.
NR: Engines will get off another tick.
ST: You still have an extra body.
MO: You can consume the unit.
SK: You can get some kind of self wound value out of the unit.
SY: Fees can still be used.

Rupture seems pretty interesting as a mechanic. It feels like a different take on poison and could be pretty much be a test run for adding more Rupture/changing poison in the future.

While it normally kills the targeted unit, there are a lot of ways to play around/with it to get some value out of the card nonethelss.
In general, order abilities will still resolve, also you can shield and purify it.
NR: Engines will get off another tick.
ST: You still have an extra body.
MO: You can consume the unit.
SK: You can get some kind of self wound value out of the unit.
SY: Fees can still be used.

source please for the info about rupture?

I have a feeling the Nilfgaard evolving card is going to be
Emhyr var Emreis (possibly as Duny), because he was shown in the trailer, going through a transformation.
June 6th isn't far at all, so we'll see soon enough.

The Echo cards do sound a bit scary in terms of power, considering Oneiromancy is neutral and neutral cards tend to be weaker than faction ones.

Last edited:
Very Nice, Curious about Evolve.
And Veil keyword...:cool:
Hope to see MO being better with this Expansion, also the Old Gaunter card needs to change, i hope you rework or tweak that aswell with this expansion.
Also, now that we have Devotion, isnt it better to make Neutral cards to play for their value just like Faction cards? Since we will get even more Value by playing Faction cards with this Keyword, makes me wonder why would i play Neutral cards if they are going to mess with Devotion aswell as being weaker than faction cards, unless it`s for teching or doing some Special thing with Neutrals. Good job anyway, loved the trailer, looking forward to this expansion.

I have a feeling the Nilfgaard evolving card is going to be
Emhyr var Emreis, because he was shown in the trailer, going through a transformation.
June 6th isn't far at all, so we'll see soon enough.

The Echo cards do sound a bit scary in terms of power, considering Oneiromancy is neutral and neutral cards tend to be weaker than faction ones.

Just saw the video. Devotion is intended to conflict with the super echo card, but in general people will need to include squirrel or other banish card to counter echo. In a lot of ways they filled the game with auto includes.

Why is the Master Mirror Pre-order combo in the ingame shupe shop more than € 10 more expensive then on the site?

And why is ordering through the site only available for PC platforms?

I've been replaying Witcher 3 again, trying to play the game out of order as much as possible to try and trigger new things I've never seen before.
- I discovered I can ask the doppler 'Imp' to try and free Dandelion;
- I discovered an entire armor set I've not seen/noticed before, so crafted it and now wearing it;
- without even trying to, I triggered the 'worst' ending of the game, which I'd not experienced before;
- Yesterday, I completed the main story of Hearts of Stone, but without challenging Master Mirror and just taking the saddle as a reward instead. (What happens to Olgierd is truly unsettling...)

Today I wake to find that Master Mirror is not yet done.
With him already having a card in the game, I never thought anything of this could be coming from that smokey, cloudy rock on the main page. I had an idea that we would be seeing something akin to the ravaged and war-torn Velen, but this is so much better.

I look forward to the new cards and hope that the new abilities will be as fun to play as they are to read about.

Top Bottom