GWENT’s Fifth Expansion ‘Master Mirror’ revealed!

+
[...]
Well I like the idea of Gaunter being the Devil literally, but not too much, if it's going to be considered canon, I don't want to see that it was Gaunter all along. Is it considered canon btw?
My point was actually that exactly that would be going to far.
Maybe Gaunter would be toying with someone, who through multiple corners, affects Radovid.
I was actually trying to say that "Gaunter makes Radovid intentionally become the kind of man he is" would be ridiculous and would undermine the entire point in the events involving Radovid.

Maybe it is not Radovid though.
I am under the impression that Radovid is too much in the focus (due to the games) to be the one affected by Gaunter O Dimm in NR.

Furthermore the shared aspects of the evolving cards should only be that they somehow directly or indirectly are connected to Master Mirror (as far as I can tell).
We do not know how much these would actually be influenced by Gaunter.
Horst Borsodi also gets influenced by Gaunter, but only indirectly through Geralt through Olgierd (and that is ignoring Ewald's role in it).

But I can't stop thinking that these deals are overpriced, I'm able to buy Cyberpunk with this Money, not complaining, I just don't know how these things work, can't grasp how this almost has the Price of a full game that took 5 years to create like Cyberpunk, or other games like this.

F2P is an entirely different business model. So, it's like comparing apples and oranges. Incidentally, premiums/exclusives are usually priced higher precisely because they are premium and/or exclusive. The economics and psychology behind this can fill more books than Andrzej Sapkowski has ever written.

Squirrel? Banish for 4 Points and getting 4 point value?
So they finally f...d my quite well working Ciri Nova deck...
Aargh...

Squirrel? Banish for 4 Points and getting 4 point value?
So they finally f...d my quite well working Ciri Nova deck...
Aargh...

Dude, Squirrel is now God of Gwent. It destroys not only Ciri Nova deck, but also Yghern > Ozzrel decks, double scenarios of NG and SK, and some strong SK decks. Brokilon Water too, it can be banished as well.
Post automatically merged:

New card from GWENT Discord :)

Last edited:
Shouldn't one of those abilities be ranged ?
I assume the Veil one is ranged ... way to go, Marlene is already powercrept (outside of niche scenarios (like going against locks)).
Well if you hate poison play 2 of these as techs to make units with 1 poison invulnerable.

The card honestly feels ludicrous, being able to annihilate cards like Crowmother, Cerys (in Lippy decks), Ronvid, etc AND being able to counter Poison sounds too good to be true (especially for a tech card at 4p).
Also this is the first actual counterplay to Maral that protects the unit from being killed later (and does not involve a much more complex boardstate).
Post automatically merged:

[...]
Well I like the idea of Gaunter being the Devil literally, but not too much, if it's going to be considered canon, I don't want to see that it was Gaunter all along. Is it considered canon btw?

I checked the developer video again, they (Slama) stated and here I quote:
"... for each faction one pivotal character Gaunter is either observing or messing (with?), that card has 3 stages ...".
This makes pretty clear that Gaunter taking interesting in someone (e.g. for their madness) is reason enough to be an evolving character, so if Radovid would be the evolving card for NR there would still not be any need for Radovid to ever have been influenced by Gaunter O Dimm (apart from the butterfly effect through someone like Geralt).

Last edited:
Is this legitimately the first 4p Gold card in the game ? (Pact)
And how is this a Spell, doesn't Gaunter O Dimm despise being compared to mages ?

As for the fat Ogroid (which I assume we all killed in The Witcher 3) ... this card is a 10 for 11, which puts 6 points of (unreliable?) carryover in one's deck, which can be used to protect something like Damien, extend something like Cerys or straight up synergize with something like Anseis (in fact all Inspired cards).

Edit: Pact has somewhat good synergy with Lippy, banishing a low provision unit (although Golden Froth has the Alchemy tag).

Last edited:
Decent 4 provision special are something we were lacking. I can see pact in a Spella'tael deck.

Allgod could be used to protect Enforcers if you don't want to use Imperial formation

This expansion looks promising :). I love the theme, i love the artwork and the marketing campaign is surprisingly well done (Looks like there were some personnel changes in the marketing department after MoO :D).
I didn't expect so many new keywords in such a small expansion, and some of them might even be really good, but few of them are rising some concerns.
Veil - awesome, love it.
Symbiosis - looks fun, but it might be unplayable in a control meta.
Conspiracy - fun, interesting, intricate - simply amazing.
Veteran - veterans remember Veteran :), could be great if it's balanced properly.
Echo - i'm not sure what to think about this, it's probably the best way to do a "repeat" ability, but i'm afraid it'll be just RNG pain in the ass like Cerys in a Lippy deck.
Devotion - interesting idea, poor execution. MTG Devotion seems lot better to me. We haven't seen all the cards yet, so i'm not gonna jump to conclusions, but i'm pretty sure this mechanic will be binary, boring "number difference".
Rupture - probably easier to answer than poison and easier to defend against than normal tall punish, but i just can't bring myself to like this mechanic. At least it'll give purify some value in SK matchups.
Evolving cards - we haven't seen one yet, but from what they said in the video, it's a unit that gets stronger at round end and you need Devotion to lvl it up twice - i love the idea of evolving cards, but just like with Devotion, LoR does this better. "Don't get 2:0" is pretty poor condition for lvl up.
Apart these neew mechanics, Doomed is finaly becoming a thing, which is great - as a GS and MO hater i always love to see some good graveyard hate :p.
So far 12 cards were revealed and i can already see that obvious power creep :(:(:(.

DRK3

Forum veteran
This expansion will bring so much doomed and banish my SK decks will be screwed...

Meanwhile other factions will be able to use these new spells on their cards because they didnt plan to revive them anyway. I really hope SK ressurect doesnt get murdered, its bad enough we got doomed after revives because of those stupid GSs...

[...]
Devotion - interesting idea, poor execution. MTG Devotion seems lot better to me. We haven't seen all the cards yet, so i'm not gonna jump to conclusions, but i'm pretty sure this mechanic will be binary, boring "number difference".
[...]
Devotion is required for the last stage of evolving cards.
The already revealed Oakcritters is also devotion done right, buffing the bottom end, rather than the top end to incentize staying in one's faction without just switching the top end and throwing in fillers.
I am not sure what you mean by "boring "number difference"", Oakcritters is already fielding 2 treant bodies for Nature's Rebuke, of course you could do that without devotion, however in that case you play it for 1 point less than with the other effect.

Devotion is required for the last stage of evolving cards.
The already revealed Oakcritters is also devotion done right, buffing the bottom end, rather than the top end to incentize staying in one's faction without just switching the top end and throwing in fillers.
I am not sure what you mean by "boring "number difference"", Oakcritters is already fielding 2 treant bodies for Nature's Rebuke, of course you could do that without devotion, however in that case you play it for 1 point less than with the other effect.
In a Harmony deck Oakcritters are simply 1 point better than Miner, Bowman or Vrihedd officer, and critters don't do anything special - it's a filler card and power creep is on its side. If other Devotion cards are also like this, they'll just take the place of some filler card that has lower face value. Evolving cards might make Devotion a bit more interesting though.

In a Harmony deck Oakcritters are simply 1 point better than Miner, Bowman or Vrihedd officer,
[...]
Not really though, it has a completely different tag, takes more time for the full value, swarms and has an actual condition for the 7 points, unlike Miner.

[...]
it's a filler card and power creep is on its side.
[...]
Explain to me how this is powercreep.

[...]
If other Devotion cards are also like this, they'll just take the place of some filler card that has lower face value.
[...]
Because it is not like Neutrals like Decree, Maraal etc are worth using and immediately off limits if you want devotion.
Beyond that, if you play a devotion card and get the value the opponent will immediately know if you play tech cards (e.g. Pellar in NR or Bomb Heaver).
Also this is very different to most other 4p cards (in the way it allocates its points).

[...]
Evolving cards might make Devotion a bit more interesting though.
I am honestly quite unsure if Evolving cards will be worth it without Devotion.
That being said, there is nothing wrong with low provision devotion units, in fact it is desirable that they are low provision units, rather than competing on the top end (regarding provisions).

Guest 4368268

Pact is a card. About as much analyzing as I wish to do for that one. But Allgod looks very cool. Looking at it I can think of some interesting things you can do with it, whether I end up using it often or barely the fact it's unique makes me already appreciate it. Cards like this and the new Gaunter one make me really excited for the expansion. I love sitting in deck builder trying to think of something creative and cards like this allow for that. I'd like with the new expansion for Scenarios to become doomed (for a variety of reasons)

But my most recent reason is that if they don't a card like Squirrel is a no-brainer rather than a meta dependent tech choice. I hope the expansion is complimented with a juicy balance patch. I worry though that they'll think 'let's first wait a month to see what these new cards do with the meta' but 2 months of no/small balance patches, especially since I think the game is so stale atm, would be a real shame. Even with the expansion hitting.

Is this legitimately the first 4p Gold card in the game ? (Pact)
And how is this a Spell, doesn't Gaunter O Dimm despise being compared to mages ?

As for the fat Ogroid (which I assume we all killed in The Witcher 3) ... this card is a 10 for 11, which puts 6 points of (unreliable?) carryover in one's deck, which can be used to protect something like Damien, extend something like Cerys or straight up synergize with something like Anseis (in fact all Inspired cards).

Edit: Pact has somewhat good synergy with Lippy, banishing a low provision unit (although Golden Froth has the Alchemy tag).
I don't think Gaunter hated being compared to mages, also he does cast Spells obviously, Specially this pact is some sort of Spell, Dark Magic etc.

Explain to me how this is powercreep.
Right now unconditional face value if 4prov cards is 5, conditional face value is 6 and cards with difficult conditions are worth 7. Critter is worth 7 and its condition is questionable at best, for some decks (Harmony) it's unconditional 7, on top of that it has better tag and point distribution, so it's basically better than any other 4prov card.

Top Bottom