Gwent's file size is quite large - and only getting bigger

+
Gwent's file size is quite large - and only getting bigger

Gwent's file size is easily getting over 6gb now and is only going to go up as more cards are added.

I think a major contributor of this is simply that every card has a premium version with

- a unique animation which are incredibly detailed

- a unique sound file which can go for 10 seconds sometimes.

Gwent's file size out scales some other games which I have that have a lot more "content", games like sim city 4 or darkest dungeon. I have no problem with this file size but some may, and I do have a problem when I am installing it on a different computer - simply because it takes a while to before playing.

The game already has an inbuilt way to turn off all premium cards, why not give the option when first installing it to download them at a later date?

ZenaRose;n10425482 said:
Yeah lets complain about 6gb in 2018 :troll:

not everyone has extremely fast internet and it is going to go up a lot when thronebreaker comes out. To top this off the game still has a lot of cards to add... I'd say a conservative estimate of 10gb but I know itll get much more than that soon.

Okay folks, please refrain from posting comments just to make fun of the OP.

Last edited:

Guest 4021160

Muffliato? As in former ridiculousname changed his name to another ridiculous name? I think i see what you did there....eh eeeeh? No.. no, i don't...

at least its small and not 50gb :\ i know the pain OP ( i got a 4meg line in super slow south africa)

to be fair, I can see the file size being streamlined later down the line if a decision is made to bring gwent to mobile devices given storage considerations. Until then, I don't see things changing from the current pattern.

Removing redundant code is a potentially difficult undertaking- taking away a section of seemingly useless code risks breaking a functioning part of the programme that depends on it. Some interactions can't be predicted beforehand. Massive debugs are what most games try to avoid, hence file sizes get bigger in most instances. It's also why abandoned concepts remain in files for games after being nixed. There's probably a lot of old mechanics still in the code

Last edited:
That feeling when you have 400gb of music alone.:sad:
but only listen to like 10 on regular basis :wisegirl:

Last edited:
Warrikon;n10425132 said:
Gwent's file size is easily getting over 6gb now and is only going to go up as more cards are added.

Are you talking PC version here? Mine's only 2.01GB on PC...

The only problem I might have with it is when the mobile version release and I try to install Gwent on my phone...

I don't see where the problem is. I always install games overnight anyway, and my internet is quite fast.
It's beta, and it's possible that the code will be condensed in the future, so I wouldn't worry about it now. Mobile versions will certainly be streamlined.

Top Bottom