Hacking & Gun Looting

+
I played through once as a solo and now I am trying the netrunner route. Really enjoying it, but...

When encountering groups of enemies on the street, not involved in crime at the moment, I've done some reloads to test the same encounters. I can stealthily hack the enemies to death, say with Cripple Movement and Contagion, so they never enter combat mode or even see me. But when I do this they don't have any guns to loot (and guns are worth money and components).

So I've taken to getting all set up, and then firing a few random loud shots at the group to say "Hey here I am! I'm attacking you!"

Then they all draw weapons and I launch my hacks and duck behind cover while they die. Then when I loot them they have guns. Is there an easier way to go about this?

(Also this feels sneaky on the part of the designers. "Of course they don't have guns, they're just hanging out taking photos! Oh, wait, you're attacking them? Of course they have guns!" Heh.)

You can get them to drop more weapons. Shot a hand/leg and they drop the current one then pull out a new one.

Your opening kill will never have a weapon drop or one on their body :( There is no workaround aside from announcing yourself and losing that bonus dmg from unsuspecting.

I personally don't mind picking up fewer guns with my netrunner, because the game throws enough loot and money your way anyway.
But once you get the cyberpsychosis hack you could start off encounters with that one to get the enemies to take their guns out.

I personally don't mind picking up fewer guns with my netrunner, because the game throws enough loot and money your way anyway.
But once you get the cyberpsychosis hack you could start off encounters with that one to get the enemies to take their guns out.

I didn’t think of using Cyberpsychosis! Thanks!

Also, wow System Reset makes the Cyberpsycho missions a lot easier!!!

Top Bottom