Hairworks Option - Just for monsters & animals

+
Hairworks Option - Just for monsters & animals

Please oh PLEASE give us an option to enable hairworks just for the creatures(horses included :) ).

Fighting a pack of wolfes is as smooth as silk but unfortunately if the camera nears Geralt white hair a little too much then the framerate tanks in the low 20s.

Please CDPR make it happen.

DB Thread hijack: A mod has been made for this. Jump to here:
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...-amp-animals?p=1768036&viewfull=1#post1768036

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I'd love Hairworks just for monsters.

I love the fur and feathers on monsters but not a fan of Geralt or other peoples hair flopping about. I think the default hair on people looks good as is. The option would be great.

There was another post about this with a few pages and people +1 this option, but stuff gets pushed back so quick.

+1 this again, please make it so!

Yeah its actually not an issue but it would be amazing to have the option.

Even if its just an .ini tweak.

That really would be awesome. I was searching all night long to find a solution for this, but it seems that it isn't as easy as i hoped it would be to enable hairworks only for creatures. I wonder why they didn't implement this possibility at first. This is in fact the only thing I wanted to change, everything else is just beautiful. :)

+1 non-hairworks Geralt, but hairworks creatures and horses!

I like how it looks on geralt on nvidia cards, but when I'm on AMD using the 8x tesselation, it's not worth it. Especially when you go into water and you can see his scalp.

I -love- the way it looks on monsters though and would love this option.

I'd also like to see an option to lower the tessellation on hairworks! Only maxwell cards (900 series) can run this and even then it's barely!

Cant help thinking something is not right with hairworks on Geralt, makes him look like he's thinning on top with a comb over! (I limit tessellation to x8 on an ATI card). It looks great on monsters. Well, not so much comb over but his hair and beard look very thin.

Anyway I think they are revisiting the whole hairworks thing but if it still looks dodgy on Geralt an option to turn it off would be great. +1

CDPR did a great job on Geralts hair, looks better to me than with Hairworks. Need Monster/Horse only option! +1

I'd like to only enable the hair work beard, which is really good :D
Geralt's hair is good enough without hair works.
Monster/Horse/Beard would be really good!

Yeah this needs to happen, +1. Geralt's hair looks better without hairworks, but monsters look better with hairworks. Also in cutscenes or whenever Geralt enters a building, if I enable hairworks, fps drops to 20 because the hair is so close, yet it looks pretty awful in my opinion.

Monsters and horses only please.

Please do this.

It makes sense in every way : most of the time we focus our attention on our surroundings, but not on the character, so having Hairworks enabled 100% of the time for Geralt's hair is a waste really. But on the other hand it looks so great on creatures, and adds dynamics to the fights.
The option "All except Geralt" would allow the game to run smoother 90% of the time, while still having the benefit of HW (with the current hit on performance) when encountering monsters / animals with fur / feathers. The best of both worlds.
This would also solve the problem of performance when the camera gets very close to Geralt's hair with HW (from 70 to ~30 fps!).

Please do this!

+1

Although I would like the Option to have Hairworks as a seperate tick Box for Monsters/Geralt/Female Leads.

Top Bottom