Hairworks Option - Just for monsters & animals

+
In all honesty this topic just proves that CDRed needs to improve the appearance of Hairworks for NPCs and Geralt. If it looked better most of you would prefer hairworks on your character instead of the occasional pig and rat

The ~20 cm hair Geralt has is not enough to let HW shine like it should :) However it looks stunning on large creatures, especially in movement. "All except Geralt" seems to be the best compromise really (especially since they did a pretty good job on the standard hair). Hopefully someone over at CDPR will agree on this!

Yes, please do this devs! +1
Hairworks looks amazing on monsters but the default hair looks better on geralt AND gives us more fps!

(I believe this is in the wrong forum. This is a suggestion, not a bug so you should post there so this can get noticed maybe even link to this thread.)

+1 LOVE this idea! The fur is just amazing with hairworks, but framerate still drops too much for me with ppl.

---------- Updated at 04:48 AM ----------

Yes, please do this devs! +1
Hairworks looks amazing on monsters but the default hair looks better on geralt AND gives us more fps!

This. :)

+1 for this.
would be really awesome to have this option.
Geralt's hairworks looks good. but the monsters/horses etc. are looking great.
I dont even look at Geralt's hair if im in a fight. So there is no need for me to enable Geralt's hairworks.
And the performance benefits would nice also.
pls give us this option

Last edited:
Option to turn off Hairworks for Geralt but enable it for everything else

I wonder if CD Projekt RED has considered the idea to give us the option to enable Hairworks only on monsters and animals (including trophies). As I personally like the way Geralt's beard looks without Hairworks and find it rather immersion breaking that no other human has this effect enabled (although I understand the performance cost of that would be far too heavy). Not only would this option allow us to further tweak the game to our liking, but it would also help with performance.

I wonder if CD Projekt RED has considered the idea to give us the option to enable Hairworks only on monsters and animals (including trophies). As I personally like the way Geralt's beard looks without Hairworks and find it rather immersion breaking that no other human has this effect enabled (although I understand the performance cost of that would be far too heavy). Not only would this option allow us to further tweak the game to our liking, but it would also help with performance.
This is exactly what I want as well. Regardless of what we all think about Geralt's hair in Hairworks, I think that we can all agree that the effect looks much better on creatures and monsters.

One of the most notable examples being the Griffin's head of hair that bounces around on the side of your horse as you gallop. Absolutely incredible.

Last edited:
While I expect this request is not going to be taken into account until most of the bugs are fixed, i'd love to get an answer from someone at CDPR about this idea.

Top Bottom