Hairworks Option - Just for monsters & animals

+
Messing around with some game files does not make you eligible to be a full time game developer.

"full time game developer" 100 people worked with the witcher 3, every one has their role and some did bigger things or smaller. Also making a mod like this isn't "messing around".

Be more respectful.

I can't seem to install the beard only option of the mod. I tried following the read me. But when I go to get the witcher3.bms script it's the whole script written out and not a file. I don't know what to do.

More info. When I attempt to run InstallNoHWHairBeard.bat it pops up with the error

src\quickbms.c line 1213: main<>
error: No such file or directrory.

Not sure where to install. I have other mods that I want to keep and am trying to follow the readme.

Last edited:
Glad I'm not the only one who wants this. Not sure why they didn't implement an option to enable hairworks on everything except Geralt, the same way you have an option the other way around. Aside the performance impact, in my opinion his hair looks better without.it, but it looks phenomenal on some beasts/monsters so I keep it on begrudgingly.

Props to the mod author, although it's not a reliable solution given it's bugs and upcoming witcher 3 patches.

Oww yes. Please CDPR make this happen! Geralt's Hair has too much performance impact on my aged graphics card. Hairworks only on enemys would be a good interim solution. Please please please. :D

I will prefer ingame option from CDPR too. Mods is there today, but will be there with next patch too?

After playing half of the game with hairworks on, I noticed that it got worse and worse looking even with 8x antialiasing and everything maxed out, no matter what "better hairworks" mod I tried.
It looked like Geralts hair was getting thinned out and more sparse every day I came home and started a nice Witcher gaming evening, all of his different hairstyles looked somehow....... not that good...... not really graphical satisfying or realistic....... every day new hairworks bugs occured in dialogue scenes or when some rainy weather started like single hair streaks growing out in the middle of Geralts forehead, or seeing the full upper part of the scalp through the low-density hairworks no matter how high I maxed out the settings.
But with hairworks off, (I begun to use the "everything hairworked but Geralts hair" mod some days ago), everything looks just PERFECT now, the non hairworked hair is so beautyful, the density of the hair is wild and perfect and realistic, the animation (wind, running, combat) is great, the design of the hairline and every single streak of his pure white hair - everything is fine. All hairstyles look way better, and this punky "Iroquese haircut" or whatever it is called has even better animations without hairworks.

The hairworked beard on the other hand looks awesome and superb realistic!

More HairWorks options please!

CDPR, could you please please PLEASE add a graphics option to the game to enable HairWorks for animals and monsters only, excluding Geralt.
There is an option for Geralt-only. Why not also an option for animals only?
We have been asking for this since the game was launched.

I personally really like HairWorks on creatures, but I absolutely hate it on Geralt.

Please implement this option,

This is on Nvidia as much as it is CDPR. Fact is, hairworks is a joke. It only looks better on the animals but we don't have that option. The cost to run it is insane, and it's glitched to hell. Geralt looks like a balding schmuck with this on half the time because all the hair doesn't render. AMD pure hair is ten times better.

This is on Nvidia as much as it is CDPR. Fact is, hairworks is a joke. It only looks better on the animals but we don't have that option. The cost to run it is insane, and it's glitched to hell. Geralt looks like a balding schmuck with this on half the time because all the hair doesn't render. AMD pure hair is ten times better.

No, I don't think CDPR needs any help from Nvidia at this point to add better options to who and what gets HairWorks applied. Why? Because the modding community has succeeded in doing this (albeit partially) so I would bet money on the fact that CDPR can implement it quite easily.
And I completely agree with you. HW on Geralt is a complete joke, but it looks pretty decent on creatures.

Yeah, hairworks is really bad on Geralt. I don't know if is the tech to be shit or if it has been implemented badly.
But it's really not worth it.

How is &quot;Hairworks for everything but Geralt&quot; still not an option?

Seriously, I know this has been repeatedly requested.

The effect tanks FPS on Geralt, and to be honest doesn't look that great on him. It looks fake, as if he's got strands of string for hair even at the highest settings.

It does however, look amazing on pretty much everything else. It's a great effect to have in the toolbox.

This gets requested all the time and is positively received when it is in most cases I've seen. How do we not have this option yet?

Come on CDPR, get this done. It's one of the biggest FPS killers in the game settings, an easy optimization to make, and would make the game better all around if It was there. It's the worst looking effect in the game on Geralt, would be a great way option for those of us trying to keep FPS reasonable, and couldn't possibly be that hard to do. There's a mod out there that did it for older versions, but it hasn't been updated in forever and future patches will kill it if it ever is.

So how about finally just giving us the option in the settings where it should have been to start with?

Please do this. It's basically the biggest mar on an otherwise amazing looking game. Next update this needs to happen all right? The effect doesn't look right that close up or as a full head of hair setting, is a huge performance hit, and sticking us with it on him or on nothing is not cool. It does look good as a ponytail or to enhance hair textures some, but I've yet to see it used where it looks good rendering a full head of hair anywhere.

Give us an 'everything but Geralt' hairworks setting already, we've been asking for it for ages and there's no good reason for it to not exist. Not even Nvidia pushing for it to be up front, because it's not 'showing it off' when it looks worse than the other option, especially when it looks so much better on everything else and tanks performance. It's better for them if we can turn it off and enjoy what it does for the game wherever else it is used. As it is now, it's a distraction, and not a good one.

Please, please, please make this happen already.

Last edited:
Top Bottom