Happy Anniversary *beep*

+
BeastModeIron;n10256952 said:
Having not played Bloodlines, I can see some great ideas that 2077 could be inspired by, absolutely. But the game appears to be an action RPG which is still unlike what RPG elements some have suggested. Either way, its still make for a great game regardless, as I expect 2077 to be an action RPG.

Even as an action RPG, I like how each of the character roles in Bloodlines has very specific traits, skills and characteristics. Especially playing as the nosferatu which is the outcast of society and changes how the world perceives the player as well as gameplay options. Not many games really let you play a fully realized bad guy. I can certainly see how Cyberpunk roles could be very different in terms of gameplay as well as how becoming an enemy of the world as it reacts to the player. Among many other things.

It's a traditional RPG disguised as an action RPG, that's the thing I like about it. Combat is still based on dice rolls, it's just that players can manually aim and fire, it's not turn-based or anything like that. Firing a bullet at an enemy is instant and somewhat based on aim (If you aren't even aiming at someone you're going to miss no matter what), but your weapon skill and dice roll ultimately determines the outcome. It's the perfect way to merge action RPG and traditional RPG. I have Su to thank for getting into it, never would have looked at it twice otherwise.

Action RPG fans have to take a moment to get used to it, but they simply pump skill points into weapon skills and voila.

ChrisStayler;n10257032 said:
You're rigth i guess we won't agree. Like you said, you can't find a better word so you use "true" But that's the thing. I have had disscusions with many poeple like you and they seem to have a view of their style of RPG is the best or True version. Which is just bs imo. As i said they are many type of RPGs. Just becuse i'm not that into JRPGs i don't go around saying they arent true RPGs.
I have played Vampire: The Masquerade. I heard KOTOR is really good as well. But CDPR have a way of making RPGs just like many other companies have their way of making them. There many type of RPGs and i think that's a good thing.

No worries. I don't think my personal preference trumps anyone else's. You're right that a lot of people throughout the internet hold that point of view, though. The one and only point I was making is this: Action RPGs are a dime a dozen. They are everywhere. Bioware makes them, CDPR makes them, Bethesda makes them... If that is the type of game you want to play, you already have so many of them to choose from.

Traditional RPGs with other modern gameplay elements (open world, attractive 3D graphics, vehicles, etc.)... are basically non existent. If you're looking for just such a game, you are starved for choice because there's nothing. CDPR is in a unique place here. They can absolutely go the VTMB route if they wanted to, merging the two styles of RPG into something that can satisfy both sides.

Last edited:
it's personal today that we will have .............................. the anniversary of a week of beep

Guest 4149880

Snowflakez;n10257102 said:
Firing a bullet at an enemy is instant and somewhat based on aim (If you aren't even aiming at someone you're going to miss no matter what), but your weapon skill and dice roll ultimately determines the outcome. It's the perfect way to merge action RPG and traditional RPG.

I actually like the sound of the dice roll system mixed with action gameplay. I can see it working with guns in Cyberpunk but I would hope that if a dice roll system is used, that if instead of an actual hit box system where bullets are connecting in real time, the game still represents where bullets are landing and hitting by unique visual and audible hit sounds based on what material the player has shot.

Dark Souls actually uses this audio feedback system for most actions the player does, and its very subtle and some players might not even fully realize it sometimes, but it greatly helps anyone who has an ear for detail in combat situations with each unique sound, the player knows what's going on. Its equivalent to visual HUD but for the ears.

In Cyberpunk for example, if the player is shooting at an enemy with various layers of clothing, protection, augs and exposed areas of the body, that each hit of a bullet will play a different sound back to the player. Shooting and hitting enemy flesh, clothing, bullet resistant vests, augmented material, metals will all have different audio so the player can better determine how accurate their weapon is, as well as better understand where they have hit so they can differentiate where each of the hits are landing or not and aim for weeks spots.

Its not exactly "realistic" but the audio feedback system could be a very subtle addition along with dice rolls/action gameplay and would add to the RPG aspect of the game. I could get on board with that.

I think it would also give character/enemy more variety and value when using various weapon calibers vs enemy defenses. These audio feedback sounds will also tell the player if the shots they fired actually did damage to the enemy, missed or just resisted the players shots. Shooting at an enemy that has a bullet resistant vest, an exposed flesh arm, and a fully cyborg arm, and jeans will give much different results based on caliber effectiveness and the bullet audio feedback will give the player this information in battle.

Last edited by a moderator:
it has been 7 days since the last beep. my water supplies are running low and I see odd shapes moving around in the dark corners of my room. yesterday my teacup started talking to me. he says they will release something soon but I think he's lying to make me more upset. but it's okay. I can wait a bit more.

Suhiira replied

Being a cynical bitch I tend to ignore advertising and hype other then to put stuff on my radar for future inspection.
I almost never pre-order games, tho I did with Fallout 4 and DA: Inquisition ... and both taught me valuable lessons about not assuming a new title in a series will be similar to past ones. So while I may not get it first I'll wait till a game releases and see how it actually plays via the net. Saved me with Andromeda. And as much as I'd like to pre-order CP2077 till I know for certain there's a non-FPS option and character skills matter (i.e. it's not "just a shooter") I'll wait. Might be the story and rest of the game still makes it worth getting (if there's an EZ/Story combat mode) and I'll still get it, but we'll just have to wait and see.

This echoes my sentiments exactly.
I'm cautiously optimistic about the game, but waiting for more information. Hopefully they won't go the route of a glorified FPS, that would be really sad (to me). There's so much potential here ...

...beep...

Last edited:
... I am really hoping that this is one of the reason for that... beep ...

Last edited:
Lisbeth_Salander;n10330332 said:
Alisteir was my best buddy.
Yeah ... I really felt bad having to turn him over to Morrigan ... but being a female character what choice did I have?

Suhiira;n10330352 said:
Yeah ... I really felt bad having to turn him over to Morrigan ... but being a female character what choice did I have?

You could have hated Morrigan just like everyone else did. Leliana had a forced personality too.

Top Bottom