Happy Anniversary *beep*

+
I just hope this tweet means something, like a proper reveal of the game with trailers and gameplay in the near future.

Also,if people went nuts this much over a tweet...with the word *beep*,there's no telling what will happen when we actually get something substantial.....

While I was eating dinner I got an idea about the *beep*.
Are CDPR trying something like 'Wake up, Neo...' from the first Matrix movie?

Its finally time, and I wouldn't count on E3 being the only chance for getting news from now on, CDPR has had a history of announcements in the first half of the year, around march to may

My reaction when I realise that we may actually see Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay at E3 which is 5 months from now:

“We’re impressed with Fallout 4’s rollout. They came on stage and said ‘It’s here, it’s real, and it’s coming out on this date. We’re going to do something similar. We’re going to wait until we can show off a very meaningful piece of it.” -E3 2015

Last edited:
kofeiiniturpa;n10203542 said:
:D

All that from a ”beep”. Hah.

One thing’s for sure, though. This marks the start of the most boring phase of waiting the game. Nobody still knows nothing and what little starts to drip from CDPR gets overanalyzed over and over, letter by letter, with each having some big secret engeaved in its form that everybody interprets differently.

Fun to read for a while, but for longer... geesh... I do hope they start throwing something concrete out before that thing really kivks off. :D

I'm not one to get overexcited about this sort of thing. I'm keeping my expectations in check. But I'm also factoring everything the company has told us in the past into my thought process here.

Couple things that are on my mind:
  • They want to do something similar to Bethesda's tactic with Fallout 4.
  • The marketing will be a "surprise" - this was a pretty big surprise. Look at the reaction. Nobody expected this. Most of us were expecting either nothing this year, or nothing until E3.
  • CDPR wouldn't do something like this without reason. They aren't stupid, they're fully aware of the effect they're having on people. Something is coming. What that is or when remains to be seen - that's when guesses come into play.
  • This has likely been planned for a while - yes, possibly even before the CEO said he "couldn't say" whether or not something would happen this year or not. Who knows what he meant?

There are never any guarantees until there are, but I'm basing my thoughts on more than just conjecture at least.

Regardless, I'm interested to see what happens next.

I agree that this is definitely one of the most frustrating parts of waiting... At least we're past the complete and utter silence - even if it is only a *beep*.

Snowflakez;n10205042 said:
They want to do something similar to Bethesda's tactic with Fallout 4.

I think that's a mistake. They can't take too many impressions and fan input into account and alter the game if needed anymore if they present a five to finished product. This would logically suggest that they will take the safest (most sellable) possible route with the core game so that the initial reception doesn't lead to them being booed away from the stage. Fanboys will of course buy anything so there's that, but there are also the more reserved customers.

There was little point in giving opinions about the design choices of Fallout 4 when it was announced and showcased because nothing was going to change anymore at that point (nothing could). It was a take it or leave it case straight from the announcement (mine was the latter).

Regardless, I'm interested to see what happens next.

Likewise. I don't really expect anything tangible before some major convention, though, which is why the *beep* thing doesn't really move me one way or the other. So they tweeted a word... Nice.

kofeiiniturpa;n10205332 said:
I think that's a mistake. They can't take too many impressions and fan input into account and alter the game if needed anymore if they present a five to finished product. This would logically suggest that they will take the safest (most sellable) possible route with the core game so that the initial reception doesn't lead to them being booed away from the stage. Fanboys will of course buy anything so there's that, but there are also the more reserved customers.

There was little point in giving opinions about the design choices of Fallout 4 when it was announced and showcased because nothing was going to change anymore at that point (nothing could). It was a take it or leave it case straight from the announcement (mine was the latter).

Likewise. I don't really expect anything tangible before some major convention, though, which is why the *beep* thing doesn't really move me one way or the other. So they tweeted a word... Nice.

I agree with this, as its true, but at the same time they did read these forums for years and years, its not like everything here doesn't matter.

The actual changes live feedback can bring to the project are much more minimal and people like to think, just like it was in witcher 3.

The same public that applauded and bought the monstruosity last gen graphics that was Fallout 4 won't like Cyberpunk 2077? you wot m8

Lisbeth_Salander;n10205512 said:
The same public that applauded and bought the monstruosity last gen graphics that was Fallout 4 won't like Cyberpunk 2077? you wot m8

Of course they will if the game is as anticipated. The running idea was that CDPR locks itself within a design and have to trust that they did all the right moves if they decide to go with very short annoucement-release margin.

Dripping info and ideas over a longer period of time than few months would allow more leeway in taking the feedback and tuning the game.

That's what I was driving for,

Geralt_of_bsas;n10205412 said:
The actual changes live feedback can bring to the project are much more minimal and people like to think

Yeah, there'd not be any earth shattering changes, but if this or that feature got a particularly bad reception at a showcase, it could still change if there was time to do that and the game wasn't too finished. And given what has been said about the erratic nature of CDPR dev process, they might well reiterate up to the final minutes.

They want to do something similar to Bethesda's tactic with Fallout 4.
I think that's a mistake.

kofeiiniturpa;n10205682 said:
Dripping info and ideas over a longer period of time than few months would allow more leeway in taking the feedback and tuning the game.

You do realise that Bethesda's strategy was also releasing the game a short period after announcing it?

I personally hope that CDPR doens't announce the game in this year's E3 only to release it in this year's november because I want them to take more time with the game. The longer it will take to make Cyberpunk 2077 the better it will be.

Lisbeth_Salander;n10205822 said:
You do realise that Bethesda's strategy was also releasing the game a short period after announcing it?

Yes, I do. That's the "few months" I was referring to in the quote.

kofeiiniturpa;n10205682 said:
Of course they will if the game is as anticipated. The running idea was that CDPR locks itself within a design and have to trust that they did all the right moves if they decide to go with very short annoucement-release margin.

Yeah, there'd not be any earth shattering changes, but if this or that feature got a particularly bad reception at a showcase, it could still change if there was time to do that and the game wasn't too finished. And given what has been said about the erratic nature of CDPR dev process, they might well reiterate up to the final minutes.

All fair points. However, very little is likely to change in the months leading up to a game's release - games typically "go gold" a couple months before release anyway, then it's just minor bug fixes and the like.

Personally, I'll take the 6-month marketing model over a year-long wait with a slow drip feed of information any day, though.

Lisbeth_Salander;n10205822 said:
I personally hope that CDPR doens't announce the game in this year's E3 only to release it in this year's november because I want them to take more time with the game. The longer it will take to make Cyberpunk 2077 the better it will be.

This is the only thing that makes today bitter sweet for me, I was expecting them to release next year. Blood and Wine had plenty of people occupied until not really long ago, so 2018 was going to be just the second full year of the complete team working on CP.

Whatever design they committed too, it seems they are very advanced on it. Now how ambitious is that design? and how does it match early expectations?

Geralt_of_bsas;n10205922 said:
This is the only thing that makes today bitter sweet for me, I was expecting them to release next year. Blood and Wine had plenty of people occupied until not really long ago, so 2018 was going to be just the second full year of the complete team working on CP.

Whatever design they committed too, it seems they are very advanced on it. Now how ambitious is that design? and how does it match early expectations?

There is still hope in me telling that the two following scenarios will happen:

1. We get another Cyberpunk 2077 teaser at this year E3 and that's it, we'll get gameplay next year and it will be annouced next year also.(unlikely)
2. We'll actually get a gameplay video at this year's E3, but CDPR will only release the game next year (which goes agains't what Marcin Iwinski said about the short period between announcement and release date that they'd use)

The problem is that they both are bad for business, since the first one would attract unecessary attention and the second one would draw attention too early.

Geralt_of_bsas;n10205922 said:

I share these concerns, but I also trust CDPR fully to deliver a game I'll enjoy. Whether or not it can meet everybody's expectations here (impossible) remains to be seen.

But it's not like I'm giving them my hard earned money yet, anyway - I have no skin in the game.

kofeiiniturpa;n10205852 said:
Yes, I do. That's the "few months" I was referring to in the quote.
You do realise that long periods between announcement and release is bad for marketing when compared to short periods, right?

Lisbeth_Salander;n10205972 said:
You do realise that long periods between announcement and release is bad for marketing when compared to short periods, right?

Depends on what is being marketed and what long means (in the context). How long exactly?

Five years is certainly too long. ;)

Too short can also end up a bad call for several reasons.

Last edited:
If they make a big reveal at E3 or before, I consider an october or november release very likely, however, E3 isn't that sure to be honest.

Witcher 3's big year at the time, 2014, still mattered only to put a pretty lame live demo on MS's E3 conference, while instead they left that incredible sword of destiny trailer for one of their own conferences before E3.

With the insane amount of hype going for CP, much more than for W3, and the success of W3 giving them more popularity, they could easily just skip E3 mostly or set up for an august reveal or something. E3 has a small teaser leading up to the actual gameplay debut later, and then release is early 2019.

Top Bottom