Happy Anniversary *beep*

+
Lisbeth_Salander;n10203612 said:
5 months until E3 guys...it's happening.

Would Gamescom be more likely (August)?
We may still be in early warm up here for a 2019/20 release, and announcing at a European con might be more fitting?

SofaJockey;n10219472 said:
Would Gamescom be more likely (August)?
We may still be in early warm up here for a 2019/20 release, and announcing at a European con might be more fitting?

Game based in a made up city near LA? Yeah US would be better place to lauch it in my opinion.

metalmaniac21;n10220752 said:
Aiming for ze best game of all time? Well, good luck with that but without Cyberpunk's saving grace, it's huge roleplaying capabilities, not gonna jump over VtM: Bloodlines.

I really hope it has a lot of opportunity for RP like VTMB. So many people seem to expect/want GTA but Cyberpunk.

Snowflakez;n10220792 said:
I really hope it has a lot of opportunity for RP like VTMB. So many people seem to expect/want GTA but Cyberpunk.

I don't... I want Witcher 3 but Cyberpunk + good customization. (But yeah I can see why overhyped 'Mericans would want a shooter out of that... I guess they will be disappointed.)

Damariel;n10221422 said:
I don't... I want Witcher 3 but Cyberpunk + good customization. (But yeah I can see why overhyped 'Mericans would want a shooter out of that... I guess they will be disappointed.)
You already have The Witcher 3 but we lack proper RPG with stats playing it's part (not even based on PnP, which dials us back even further to VtmB) ever since New Vegas. So... move a little, please.

Last edited:
metalmaniac21;n10221622 said:
You already have The Witcher 3 but we lack proper RPG with stats playing it's part (not even based on PnP, which dials us back even further to VtmB) ever since New Vegas. So... move a little, please.

If you think CP 2077 will be 1:1 based on PnP then you set yourself up for disappointment too.

Damariel;n10221682 said:
If you think CP 2077 will be 1:1 based on PnP then you set yourself up for disappointment too.

We've (metal included) discussed this sort of thing to death here on the forums, we all know it's not going to be a 1-to-1 translation - but it absolutely should pull the very core of the system (the ROLE PLAYing mechanics, in other words) at the very least.

Not every game needs to be an action game, though this will inevitably be one to some degree. Most of us would be happy with just a more-RPG-leaning game than the Witcher 3 was. Action RPGs are a dime a dozen, RPGs that lean anywhere close to "true RPG" are much, much rarer - especially in the cyberpunk world, especially in the form of a AAA game, and especially with an open world.

Twitter Commenter said:
"Beep is terminal bell = dec 7, Posted at 01-10 1:00pm = ascii 4( dec 52), 74 days(around GDC) or 752 days = January 31, 2020 (like paper cyberpunk 2020) and plausible release date. /tinfoil."

Any thoughts on this interpretation?

kanonite;n10222392 said:
Any thoughts on this interpretation?

Reading way too much into it. I refuse to believe it's that complicated. They are not going to announce a release date 2 years in advance... Not even in the form of a vague tweet - especially not when they apparently promised the Polish government a release date in 2019, not 2020 (though anything can happen, delays are probably inevitable)

If Cyberpunk 2077 comes out by the end of this year then it means that CDPR has spent ONLY 3 years in this game. 3 years working in CP2077 is too little.

Lisbeth_Salander;n10223292 said:
If Cyberpunk 2077 comes out by the end of this year then it means that CDPR has spent ONLY 3 years in this game. 3 years working in CP2077 is too little.

Yes. Thinking Cyberpunk 2077 is coming out this year is setting yourself up for disappointment. Think 2019 or max early 2020.

Lisbeth_Salander;n10223292 said:

ChrisStayler;n10223372 said:
Yes. Thinking Cyberpunk 2077 is coming out this year is setting yourself up for disappointment. Think 2019 or max early 2020.

announced in 2012 they made the teaser in 2013 this game is being worked for years

Top Bottom