Happy Anniversary *beep*

+
Snowflakez;n10236922 said:
That show any good?

It's awesome. I've watched it more times than any other TV series (it was also prematurely ended for some reason, sadly enough). A beautiful mix of western brutality and scheming with almost Shakespearean language spiced with more swear words than you wish to count. Watch it, there's only three seasons so it's not too long either.

kofeiiniturpa;n10237092 said:
It's awesome. I've watched it more times than any other TV series (it was also prematurely ended for some reason, sadly enough). A beautiful mix of western brutality and scheming with almost Shakespearean language spiced with more swear words than you wish to count. Watch it, there's only three seasons so it's not too long either.

I'll give it a whirl and report back later. :cheers:

ChrisStayler;n10237052 said:
They don't need to *beep* us to tell us that. In countless interviews they have said they are working on it. Also normally what they are working on.

Not to mention they are tweeting job ads specifically for Cyberpunk every once in a while on their twitter page.

Last edited:
ChrisStayler;n10237052 said:
They don't need to *beep* us to tell us that. In countless interviews they have said they are working on it. Also normally what they are working on.

I agree with this. CDPR could have beeped last year, but they didn't. CDPR already told us quite clearly that they're working on CP2077. So why *beep* at all? The most plausible answer to me still is to generate interest, and to do that it means that they're ready to show us something this year.

Lisbeth_Salander;n10201632 said:
But is it just an anniversary though? Why didn't they *Beep* in the last years, is it just because 5 years is a big number? Shouldn't they stay silent, why are they making this now? I think it's because we're closer than we think of the final product.

LOL

Lisbeth_Salander;n10237732 said:
I agree with this. CDPR could have beeped last year, but they didn't. CDPR already told us quite clearly that they're working on CP2077. So why *beep* at all? The most plausible answer to me still is to generate interest, and to do that it means that they're ready to show us something this year.

On top of that let's not forget the interview with Pondsmith from last year, according to which he saw some working gameplay back in March 2017, so I would say that the work on the game must be in a pretty advanced stage at this point. Plus he plans to release new edition of Cyberpunk, called Cyberpunk Red, which will be set within the same continuity as Cyberpunk 2077, around Summer 2018. I doubt that he would miss a chance at crosspromotion.

Shavod;n10239022 said:
Plus he plans to release new edition of Cyberpunk, called Cyberpunk Red, which will be set within the same continuity as Cyberpunk 2077, around Summer 2018. I doubt that he would miss a chance at crosspromotion.
This is the best indicator of a 2018 release I've seen.
Tho I'll stick to my 2019 date simply because I'm an obstinate bitch and Mikes plans may not be CDPRs plans.

Suhiira;n10239362 said:
Tho I'll stick to my 2019 date simply because I'm an obstinate bitch and Mikes plans may not be CDPRs plans.

Yeah, this is a good point, didn't think about this.

I'm also pretty sure it'll be a 2019 release. Q2 is my best guess. I'm personally pretty excited for CP Red, might be my first actual opportunity to try the system out!

Shavod;n10239022 said:
On top of that let's not forget the interview with Pondsmith from last year, according to which he saw some working gameplay back in March 2017, so I would say that the work on the game must be in a pretty advanced stage at this point. Plus he plans to release new edition of Cyberpunk, called Cyberpunk Red, which will be set within the same continuity as Cyberpunk 2077, around Summer 2018. I doubt that he would miss a chance at crosspromotion.

Cyberpunk Red? How could I have missed that....but great news and it's always good to hear that Mike has an eye on the game.

I personally see a release in 2019 but I don't know how far the game is and how the marketing campaign looks like after all they said they had planned this already far ahead.
As far as I remembr Witcher 3 was first shown in game informer with screens then a trailer with seconds of gameplay footage and then a full gameplay demo at E3.

Suhiira;n10239362 said:

I think that 2018 is still too early for game release, but the fact that Mike is going to release a new edition in Summer of this year (when E3 2018 takes place as well) is a strong evidence supporting that the gameplay reveal is a matter of months, since it would make sense for Mike to release new edition when the hype for Cyberpunk will reach it's peak. Let's not forget that both CDPR and Mike constantly communicate with each other, to such an extent that Mike always overview every new version of the script for the game just to make sure that everything will be consistent with his plans for new editions of tabletop Cyberpunk. So the release of Cyberpunk Red around that date would indicate that they reached the state when the game is pretty much in final stage of development and there will be no more significant changes along the way.

Lisbeth_Salander;n10242322 said:
Maybe, but what about an announcement trailer?

Read the rest of the sentence.

Shavod;n10241262 said:
but the fact that Mike is going to release a new edition in Summer of this year (when E3 2018 takes place as well) is a strong evidence supporting that the gameplay reveal is a matter of months,

Don't forget they still have Gwent to release in 2018 and it's pretty unrealistic that they would release two games in the same year. They also don't want that the hype for CP77 hurt the Gwent sales.

braindancer12;n10242872 said:
Don't forget they still have Gwent to release in 2018 and it's pretty unrealistic that they would release two games in the same year. They also don't want that the hype for CP77 hurt the Gwent sales.

Isn't it Free-to-play?

kofeiiniturpa;n10242922 said:
Isn't it Free-to-play?

Honestly no idea I'm not into card games....but as much as I know there is a beta right now so the final version still has to be released right? And they plan on releasing a single player story mode or story content in general which you have to pay for I think.

braindancer12;n10243022 said:
Honestly no idea I'm not into card games....

Nor am I, but I checked the GOG page and it says FREE (plus, I have a recollection of it being said even here that it's that way with only payments coming from add-on's and microtransactions and the like). I'm not sure about it, but that's the recollection.

Top Bottom