Happy Birthday, Thronebreaker! Share Your Memories. [Spoilers]

+
A year ago today, Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales was released, and Queen Meve's quest began. What were your most memorable moments along the way? What stood out most in your battle to reclaim Lyria and Rivia?

1571846277023.png

One of my fondest memories of Thronebreaker was how well balanced it was

Last edited:

Guest 4368268

Meeting Shupe and laying the foundation for Gwent Multiplayer :coolstory: enjoyed the whole Mahakam expedition and definitely the last fight against Ardal was memorable (and mildly infuriating, like facing Ardal on ladder today)

Oh my... I am not a huge fan of Witcher and just began to play Gwent. I bought Tronebreaker to get some reward points bonus from achievements. I thought that its some sort of mini-game with Gwent mechanics. I was so wrong... Tronebreaker was an epic journey! That was an awesome 27 hours and i want more! Best buy of 2019! All moments are still fresh in my mind coz my journey end last friday. I`ve expected that game will end after 1 chapter, then the same about 2nd chapter and so on. The greatest feeling after is that i want to play it again.

Meeting Shupe and laying the foundation for Gwent Multiplayer
This, finding Knickers, the cardinal in the mess tent, and the Stone Hearth puzzle. Those small things stood, for me, out a lot more than the story or any main elements of the game and I still vividly remember encountering them during my first playthrough.

Okay, Ardal is an exception to the previous sentence. He was so frustrating that I even took a few days' break from the game after losing half a dozen times in a row. Won't easily forget that guy... and am certainly not looking forward to facing him again.

finding Knickers
This remains my fondest memory. I found his introduction enormously amusing at the time (largely because of the wonderfully expressive portrait), and still do. The name was rather a clever touch.
Hero of Aedirn.jpg

the last fight against Ardal was memorable
Ay, the General leaves quite a vivid impression -- perhaps the most challenging battle, overall. It took me several attempts before I managed to adjust my strategy to defeat him.

I admit I was somewhat surprised by his ultimate fate, though.

The fact that Meve does not feel like a forced character and appeared like the complete opposite of a quota character.
I cannot stress enough that Meve might be hands down the most relatable character I have played thus far.

The fact that Meve is surrounded by absolute cruelty (the strategies of the Scoiat'ael, the Nilfgaardians trying to enslave her entire country and population, Caldwell and her own son betraying her etc.) and does not break or get a magic way out like "Mary Sue" characters.

I have to say that Thronebreaker also felt even more immersive than any of the other Witcher games, so it is difficult to state exactly what was most memorable.

Propably finding Meve's subjects in a slave camp (when reclaiming Rivia) and cutting down every Nilfgaardian in sight, enlisting them afterwards.
Also as for memorable leaders added in the expansion the most memorable was (for me) Arnjolf being a madman and afterwards structuring the entire deck on the Skellige mass Deathwish abuse style (including Dagur for a 1-card board filling over 100-200 point swing and the ability to revive him to do that during the last round again).

Gyg

Forum regular
Ay, the General leaves quite a vivid impression -- perhaps the most challenging battle, overall. It took me several attempts before I managed to adjust my strategy to defeat him.

I admit I was somewhat surprised by his ultimate fate, though.
According to the books he did died shortly before battle of Aldersberg, presumably poisoned.

Top Bottom