"Happy Together" Bug

+
As the title says the quest Happy together seems bugged. I can't talk to the cops nor is there any door I can knock on. I don't think I knocked on the door even once. I was doing another mission, came out of my apartment, the quest appeared but I ignored it.

Is ther any way to fix it?

Got the same prob as you. I can see that i can talk to a cop near that door. But i can't even knock or talk to them too. And i did everything as you. I tried to get back with a previous save, nothing change.

The quest is also bugged later on. Once you have knocked on the door and followed the quest you later have to talk to the two cops again but they never show up in the area you are directed to..... Good luck.

wow... so we cannot do it. Sad story ^^' i'll wait until they fixed this problem... There are too many bugs in my opinion .....

Guest 4406876

As the title says the quest Happy together seems bugged. I can't talk to the cops nor is there any door I can knock on. I don't think I knocked on the door even once. I was doing another mission, came out of my apartment, the quest appeared but I ignored it.

Is ther any way to fix it?
The quest for me started when they finished with their bullshit scripted sequence, they went 3 meters away from the door, finished their dialogue, then I was able to talk to them and knock on the door after a while, also it's gonan tell you to try again in few hours.

I just finished that questline.
After the first talk with the cops I did some other quests (quest stated "later" so I figured let's do whatever inbetween).
When I came back "later" I could interact with the door to get to the next step of the quest.
I did not skip time ahead, no idea if that would work. Some quests seem to need you to leave the area and do something else to progress.

you need to look for the "niche" not talk to the cops at the place, its a tribute to the guys tortoise or some shit, but scan the screen on the stone about andrew and then you can progress.

The quest for me started when they finished with their bullshit scripted sequence, they went 3 meters away from the door, finished their dialogue, then I was able to talk to them and knock on the door after a while, also it's gonan tell you to try again in few hours.

Problem is I went and did a buch of other stuff and totally left the area. I never knocked on the door in the first place and when I got back there was no option to knock.

I couldn't seem to get it to complete in a "good" way because I hadn't asked all the questions. Very disappointed about this quest and the Barry character in general.

I killed the cops before I knew they were tied to a quest. Now they spawn in dead so I can't complete it.

There was no solution to the original problem. It seems you have a very limited window to do this quest in the proper sequence or else it bugs out. On my second run it worked fine but I made sure not to leave the area.

On my first playthrough the quest worked fine, but on my second one I cannot interact with Nadia and Juan at the beginning.

Same exact issue here. Was going to do all the sidequests on 2nd run through, but I can't get the cops to talk to me. I've tried committing a crime then running away to reset the NPCs, and that did set it back to them knocking on the door, but after that they just had a standard cop AI, still couldn't talk to them except now they'd get aggressive if you got close.

Hello everyone, I have the same issue and patch 1.1 doesn't fix this. I can't see the cops, so I can't finish the game for 100 % checklist. And I can't reload the old save, because after I discovered this bug, I played another 60 hours in the game to finishing the main story line and other side quests.

Hello I downloaded the 1.2 patch and I'm past talking to the cops and going to see Andrews niche. I talked to the cops afterwards but now cannot finish as it tells me to talk to Barry in a few hours. I have skipped over at least 3 days of time and still don't get the option to knock on Barry's door.
Post automatically merged:

Just a side note: I followed the above link and found the cops do not knock on Barry's door to continue this quest

I would recommend sending a ticket to cdpr support if it still doesn‘t work. You can contact them with the support website:

But check out their suggestions first. On PC you can always give verify/repair a shot. The same article can be found for consoles too (on console clearing cache is usually worth a try for all sorts of issues).

Top Bottom