Hard on EE completely different from Hard on Regular Witcher?

+
Yeah, new to the game, this will be my first time through. And to be honest I will probably only play 1 time through, so I want it to be the best experience it can. :)

Just be prepared to have to try some fights several times... fight / fail / reload... rinse repeat.But then again that may even happen at 'easy' level.

UlteriorModem said:
Just be prepared to have to try some fights several times... fight / fail / reload... rinse repeat.But then again that may even happen at 'easy' level.
Even on Medium? Seems like medium should be the way to go, no?

Are there any mods out there that make an effort to fix the difficulty curve? Any game should logically be easiest at the start, hardest at the end, but The Witcher doesn't seem to do that. The first boss is the hardest by far, and the final one is the easiest.I don't want something that just arbitrarily makes things harder for the hell of it. Just a little difficulty curve smoothing would be nice.

Well you can try my talent point mod, though towards the end you will still be rather powerful because I'm lacking feedback on how many points fewer would be good, but if you go to http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Talent_point_balance_mod you can see a comparison of what my mod does and what the normal distribution is.

So what do you think. Experienced gamer, first time through, only going though one time. Wants some challenge but nothing that stops the game flow or makes me redo a part a zillion times. I want to take my time, explore the world and the story and have fun. Medium or Hard? :)

IMO on Hard, monsters just do a tad more damage, which was the most noticable change. On medium, it was all too much a walk in the park, but of coures your experience may vary :)

I play on medium. If you have limited time for gaming and want the story to proceed without too much frustration that is what I would recommend. I got past The Beast after about 3 tries, my first time playing. May try hard the next go around. Want to see all 3 endings.

You learn something every day. How many times have I played the game, yet I never put it together that specter oil would work on the beast. I'm a dumba$$ ???

STGhost said:
Well you can try my talent point mod, though towards the end you will still be rather powerful because I'm lacking feedback on how many points fewer would be good, but if you go to http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Talent_point_balance_mod you can see a comparison of what my mod does and what the normal distribution is.
That only serves to make the problem worse - to compensate for screwy enemy toughnesses, you'd want to have the player level and gain talents very quickly at first, but quickly drop off around the point where the first act ends, slowing to a tiny trickle by the end of the game. That'd at least go some way to mitigate for the messed up difficulty curve.

Yeah, its not supposed to be a full balance thing, just something to make things a bit more interesting and challenging, which is why it levels off after Act I (because most people have problems with the Beast).

AstroCat said:
So what do you think. Experienced gamer, first time through, only going though one time. Wants some challenge but nothing that stops the game flow or makes me redo a part a zillion times. I want to take my time, explore the world and the story and have fun. Medium or Hard? :)
I suggest medium when it's your first gameplay. You can experiment with potions and oils, Bombs are fun but I don't use them very much. And your 2nd gamplay you can do on hard. I'm sure you will play at least an other round just to find out about the other path. Then you are already used to the game mechanics, know your enemy and start with hard mode ;)

Thanks for the advice. Medium it is, maybe I will play twice, but I don't know some other fun games coming down the line. ;)

tragic001 said:
The only thing that i have found to be more really difficult. is the Dice playing. Before i really had no problem, but now i get out diced very easily and have resorted to saving each game before a match. :beer:
Ditto. The opponent always gets better opening rolls than I do, regardless of strategy. You got four of a kind 1s? I've got four of a kind 2s!One time I rolled a six-high straight with some careful holding of dice, and the opponent immediately rolled a five of a kind 6s. From a FRESH roll without holding anything. Before EE, I always played until I bleed every last coin out of the opponent before I move on, but now I only play them to advance the gambling quest since it takes so damn long just to beat them once.

thehyecircus said:
It just seems that in some parts the game's a bit more difficult. Am I imagining things? I don't think I am since I got killed at the start of chapter 1 by those Barghets, heh, but thats really the only thing I've noticed different difficulty-wise. Someone mentioned Boss Battles as mroe difficult now too.
Ok I already Forwarded the question – soon we will answer you :)Cheers

Any kind of feedback on change of hard difficulty in EE so far? Al ittle increase in diffciulty would be really appreciated.

ive found i get hit more during group battles and when using group style so easy creatures like drowned dead can become a chalange, end bosses seam easier, the beast i got lucky, stunned it with award raight off the bat, the battle outside swamp tower seamed much easeir than i remember also.

Did they change the order and type of spells needed to get through the Wayfarers Portals in chapter 5? I thought they all worked on combinations of Igni and Aard, but so far I've only been able to open one of the three that I know about.

Replaying on hard in the EE update has improved the game experience for me a great deal.I have to actaully use potions and signs with great consideration now.I think the game is ment to be played on hard.

Ashbery76 said:
Replaying on hard in the EE update has improved the game experience for me a great deal.I have to actaully use potions and signs with great consideration now.I think the game is ment to be played on hard.

Top Bottom