Hard on EE completely different from Hard on Regular Witcher?

+
I have checked the issue with difficulty – the Enhanced Edition of The Witcher have not been change.This is official – developers left game difficulty untouched Cheers ^^

vanworden said:
I have checked the issue with difficulty – the Enhanced Edition of The Witcher have not been change.This is official – developers left game difficulty untouched Cheers ^^
That's what I thought, but it's nice to have confirmation. Anyway, a few mods should add some extra challenge to those who wish it.

with all modesty i think its a good place for a little advertisement of my mod :)if you feel that hard difficulty should be called easy and you need 2 more difficulty levels higher, take a look in here:http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17884.0this mod is absolutely safe in following meaning:-it works with old savegames and wont brake anything-it affects all difficulty levels, so you can still play standard easy, medium and hard with this mod and enjoy difference-every changed thing in mod is grouped in folders for easy install and choice. if you dont like some changes you dont have to install this particular part of the mod-mod is very hard, but its tested and every battle is absolutely possible to win, no exception. now you just have to use wide range of witcher skills and equipment appropriately for battles.-its easy to delete, just remove folders created by mod and 6 files from /data/scripts/ folder-if beside of difficulty you care for realism, this mod is closer to witcher saga (without the mod you are almost godlike powerfull)-new versions are released frequently-opinions and suggestions are taken into account while modifying mod for the best resultfeel yourself invited to try. remember that you can play on original easy or medium difficulty with this mod if you dont feel ready for "reality"

I have played The Witcher through four times. In my last time through, I defeated Javed the first time, the Zeugl the first time, and the Grandmaster the first time, easily. I was getting bored. I love the game and don't want to quit playing. How is the "difficult" level? Is it more fun or is it just frustrating?

I've never played on "difficult," but lots of people have. Some of them found "difficult" to be too easy, so Flash has made the Insane Difficulty Mod, to make things a LOT harder.If you're finding the game too easy, then difficult might work for you. If you want to try it out before committing to a whole game at that level, you could ask in the Savegame Market for a saved game that was started on the "difficult" setting and give it a whirl.

I don't understand the "orange swirl." I can never see it. I like the flaming swords better. I'm straining my eyes. I can't make it through the prologue at all.

Sometimes the fire trail on the sword (NOT flaming sword icon, I'm talking Hard difficulty here) is...well...difficult to see. I concentrate on timing, sword movement and sound effects to time my clicks. Once you're used to it, it really isn't too difficult to engage in combat.And the "Hard" difficulty isn't what it sounds. It is a little more engaging, but you earn more respect for the foes in the game (especially when you almost bleed to death from a barghest attack for the first time!)You also learn that oils and potions are a little more necessary then before.

The orange whirl is hardly to notice and not comparable with the flaming sword ;) It's a kind of soft / blurred trail of the sword's movement / stroke. And there is a special sound when one chain attack has the last blow. This indicates to click and chain the next sequence.

It helps to play normal first and focus on the timing rather than the visuals, and then apply this to Hard.Or just start on hard and being that this would then be the first you know, it should be easier to learn.I would recommend running about Act I at night killing Barghests and getting your timing right before advancing.

There's a swishing sound at the end of a combo. I'm hard of hearing, and even I can hear it, so I know it's a fairly pronounced sound. ;) Fight a couple of low-level critters that aren't too hard and listen carefully -- you should hear the "swish-swish."

Thanks for all the tips. I made it through the first part of the Prologue but couldn't defeat Savolla the first time through. It reminds me of how it was when I first started playing the game. But, I've played the game from start to finish 4 times now, and the 4th time was way too easy. So, I was looking for a new challenge.I think I'm getting in the swing of seeing the orange and if not, just waiting for the end of the swish sound, like was said.

Greetings;Having thoroughly enjoyed my first pass on Normal difficulty, I waited a few days but couldn't wait any longer, heh and started the game on Hard difficulty.Well, I'm almost done act 1 and other than being a little more cognizant of when to swing my sword, I've yet to see much gameplay difference.Am I missing something? Everything else is absolutely the same. Critters are not harder to kill, no new dialogue, no new rewards, no new dialogue, nothing.I would have at least thought the mobs would be more frequent, more numerous or harder to kill.Fabulous game but I kinda thought there would be more satisfaction to Hard level such as that offered by Diablo 2.Your thoughts?

The hard difficulty is generally regarded as not exactly "hard".A forummeber, goes by the name of Flash, created a mod to increase the difficulty, among other things: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17884.0The only dialogue changes would result in choosing different sides and actions in the game.

There are no differences in dialogues, items and rewards when you change the difficulty.Act 1 is always a bit easier than the following chapters no matter what difficulty mode you choose. You should give Act 2 a chance as well ;)

Top Bottom