Hard start for non close beta player?

+
Hard start for non close beta player?

I just played my first Match after opening up 100 kegs and building a nice deck with a lot of good cards. And my Opponent used a starting deck........He got destroyed. with 0-2. I feel bad and I really hope I didn't scare him away from Gwent.

Isn't it a bit unfair for us to have such a big advantage? I think I gonna take it easy against my next opponent if he also uses starting deck. Let him win a round. I think we should all take it easy and don't scare new players away with hardcore decks....for now.

They are learning. Go on, play your game and let them learn from you.
Do not worry. Some of them are bound to catch up and kick some veteran ass someday.

;)

A streamer nearly lost to a starter deck.
But yea, starter deck isnt as powerful as a keg opened custom made deck thats a given.

Give the Public Beta a week and the MatchMaking should settle allowing new players to experience a smoother experience.

Personally i opened 140 kegs and i have yet to get a fully synergized deck. So keg opening doesn't always help you.

I just hope I didn't scare them away. Some of them watched the trailer and want to test the game. It's not fun if you get destroyed all the time against a player with much better cards.
I got really lucky today. I got Yennefer, Igni, Shani, priscilla, aglais, Saskia, Schiruu and and and.

They need to learn a lot of things. Most NR player I meet today didn't use Foltest at the start and realized after playing for a while.

myc24

Forum regular
I say just play, you'll rank up and get to where you're suppose to be in ranks. Everyone will find there level ground and be matched with people of equal skill. But that is a noble thought, though you could get caught slipping and lose,,then some other poor noob will have to face you when you should of moved up a bit.( sample over several games of course )

starter decks are completely fine

not only you get free golds and silvers but also almost all of bronze cards now have their own interesting abilities and strengths which you can use to great effect

as a free player i was completely satisfied with what i saw in NR starter deck

I find the starter decks pretty strong actually, strong enough to beat all the challenge battles. I wanted to try that before opening kegs and it was enjoyable that way.

Nyanko73;n8606440 said:
I find the starter decks pretty strong actually, strong enough to beat all the challenge battles. I wanted to try that before opening kegs and it was enjoyable that way.

That's cause those challenges are a joke, play it against a real deck and you'll lose 0-2 every single time.

The problem right now is that everyone is starting playing in the same time and ranked play is locked behind level 10, this means that people who just got into the game are competing against people who spent hundreds of dollars in low level casual match.

Also i just realized how expensive this game is, i opened 60 packs today and got jack shit, 2 Gold from kegs and crafted a third, not even enough to make a decent deck.

Last edited:
The starter decks in closed beta were much harder to use. Don't worry it's day 1 of open beta lots of regular players are still rank 3-10. Once the dedicated fanbase moves up in ranking, the new players will be playing people of real similar level.

i just started today as well i found the starter decks ok. but yeah when you vs a veteran player with a good deck that has great synergy you will lose 100%

Iuliandrei;n8606510 said:
That's cause those challenges are a joke, play it against a real deck and you'll lose 0-2 every single time.

The problem right now is that everyone is starting playing in the same time and ranked play is locked behind level 10, this means that people who just got into the game are competing against people who spent hundreds of dollars in low level casual match.

Also i just realized how expensive this game is, i opened 60 packs today and got jack shit, 2 Gold from kegs and crafted a third, not even enough to make a decent deck.

If you want a decent deck at the beginning of playing the game, you have to choose 1 or 2 factions and mill all the others to get enough for crafting good cards. It's what I did in the close beta with Scoia'tael and I got all the good cards and the neutrals I needed to make a proper competitive deck. Unless you are very lucky in opening kegs, if you keep all the factions, you will have a hard time for a few months before you can make a difference against veterans.

And I think I will just do that this time around with Nilfgaard which has a good potential in making me rebuilding the other factions by winning matches.

As a new play that enjoyed GWENT in the Witcher 3 this is exactly my experience. It's bad enough that I don't have any idea why a card doesn't do what it should but being matched with players with cards that I have no answer for kills my desire to keep playing.

Feels like there is no way to progress. Honestly I gave this game a couple hours and that's it for me.

Do you want new players to hate the game even more than they already do?

A simple solution - make a separate queue for rank 15 guys instead of throwing them against newbees and people who have barely played and don't have 50 kegs.

I cant believe you are coddling your regular customers while screwing over your new ones like that. This is not Hearthstone, you need all the help you can get, not shunning it away.

What if i, new player, decide to purchase 100 kegs with money day 1? I will have a very decent deck, but i won't have any experience. So i should go into the "rank 15 queue" or being in the new players pool?
If you are a new player you should just be patient (if anything because soon us veterans will go up enough to not face brand new players), as you'll catch up very quickly in this game if you have the will to.

Except the new player has no idea how to play the game and the rank 15 has? Cant believe CD shills are this dim

This is exactly what I feared. I had the same problem today. I meet a at least rank 13 player who had s complete dwarf deck. He was level 4. This time I got destroyed. Or meeting a level 5 player with both gold weather card.

I feel like most player already have great complete decks with level 6 or higher.

Top Bottom