Hard start for non close beta player?

+
rochambeau;n8646880 said:
Either that or the player "levels" are totally borked. Playing "casual" matches against people same level who are dropping insane combinations that are impossible to counter. If the game is this bad this early what do higher levels look like? I smell a serious Pay to Win here.

you are totally wrong here.. gwent is excellent game which have less rng compare to other ccg as well it's really not a pay to win game at all.

You only need some time to understand cards. Check youtube videos, use forum to ask about strategies. Every deck is having only 4 golds & 6 silvers so how gwent is pay to win game ?

You can easily get your required golds & silvers for 1 deck which is enough to play at start. It's not like every player who's paying have 10 gold cards in his deck.

Either that or the player "levels" are totally borked. Playing "casual" matches against people same level who are dropping insane combinations that are impossible to counter. If the game is this bad this early what do higher levels look like? I smell a serious Pay to Win here.
Sorry but you shouldn't judge balance after a couple of days of playing. Especially since you seem a brand new player. Also there is no "impossible to counter" strategy. Everything can be countered, but you need to know how do to it (aka experience).
From what i'm guessing your issue is your low win rate. Nothing we can do about it, you are either willing to learn from your losses and gain experience or you don't and you better give up on the game. Cards are certainly not an issue since with a bit of effort you can get 2 kegs per day by playing a couple of hours max.

IMO it was a mistake to reset the levels of closed beta players. Even with the collection wipe, the CB rewards were generally enough to give them a massive advantage. I mean, with my reward kegs I was basically able to build a pretty competitive deck immediately upon starting the open beta. And hey, that's good. Nobody wanted to start completely from scratch if they were in the closed beta. But if so, it would have been much better to leave their levels as is so they can be matched up right away with other CB players. Anyway, I suppose it will all work out quickly enough. CB players are gonna shoot up in level much faster and soon enough all will be well. In the short term though, yeah, it isn't great. It's not fun for newbies and gives a really bad first impression of the game. And it's not much fun for CB players either.

ikillchicken;n8647980 said:
But if so, it would have been much better to leave their levels as is so they can be matched up right away with other CB players.

I've been matched up so far more often with other CB players -- not sure why, but it just has been this way for me, so I don't think I've had much of the same experience that others are having with that.

As a dedicated CB player I got 50 kegs from my lvl 55 and rank 14, and I was insanely lucky when I opened them.

I had a full-fledged deck day one, too bad Eredin Weather is not the top dog :comeatmebro:but I am way past starter decks anyway.

Guys, just wait a little, things will normalize just fine.

Closed beta players got rewarded with Kegs which is why especially for the better cb players it's likely they get enough cards and scraps to create one or more ideal decks.
I can see how this is tricky for new players, but it's not going to get much worse - after all, you are limited two 4 gold cards and 6 silver cards. Even if you start fresh, it won't take long to create a competitive deck (and you don't need to pay for that). In general Gwent takes some time and patience to learn the tricks.

daemhan;n8648520 said:
I've been matched up so far more often with other CB players -- not sure why, but it just has been this way for me, so I don't think I've had much of the same experience that others are having with that.

Yeah, maybe because more or less everyone that really was interested in playing gwent had the opportunity to do so during closed beta on PC.
It will be interesting to see how many new players there really are on PC.

TH3WITCH3R;n8647830 said:
you are totally wrong here.. gwent is excellent game which have less rng compare to other ccg as well it's really not a pay to win game at all.

You only need some time to understand cards. Check youtube videos, use forum to ask about strategies. Every deck is having only 4 golds & 6 silvers so how gwent is pay to win game ?

You can easily get your required golds & silvers for 1 deck which is enough to play at start. It's not like every player who's paying have 10 gold cards in his deck.

yeah but not all Gold & Silver cards are equal. After opening over 60 kegs now (most I paid for) I have 5 gold and 7 silver total. At this rate I'll have to open hundreds, if not a thousand, kegs to get a decent mix of cards in my faction to do anything with.

Sure sounds like Pay to Win to me...

LTK

Forum regular
Just now I matched twice against a player who had basically the same deck as I did (Dwarfs) only better, including Yarpen Zigrin and Sheldon Skaggs. The first time I got utterly destroyed, the second time I knew what was coming, killed off Yarpen relatively early, pulled off every trick in my deck, and still lost the last round by about thirty points. You're damn right it's hard on new players.

devivre;n8649630 said:
Yeah, maybe because more or less everyone that really was interested in playing gwent had the opportunity to do so during closed beta on PC. It will be interesting to see how many new players there really are on PC.

That would be interesting to know, yeah. I wonder if the devs will be forthcoming with that data at some point in the future. How many CB players there were vs. how many OB players there are currently/in some months. I'd also be curious to know the stats on how many people are still playing now that it's OB out of the people who played prior to.

rochambeau;n8656810 said:
yeah but not all Gold & Silver cards are equal. After opening over 60 kegs now (most I paid for) I have 5 gold and 7 silver total. At this rate I'll have to open hundreds, if not a thousand, kegs to get a decent mix of cards in my faction to do anything with.

Sure sounds like Pay to Win to me...

See you have given the answer yourself... even though you paid it's not like you are getting all good premium golds. At same time it's possible that those who's opening free kegs got good premiums.

If it's like you pay and you will get all premiums then I can understand that cdpr wants you to pay but even though you brought 200 kegs getting golds from them is totally on luck.

Now about paying more I hope you understand that how many peoples are working hard to create this game so their salary, sever/light payments & other bills, how it's possible to give everything for free? Think before posting something like this.

CDPR is so generous to give you good rewards to get more & more cards you want. Go check other ccg's & you will understand this & if not then good luck.

Last edited:
TH3WITCH3R;n8660660 said:
CDPR is so generous to give you good rewards to get more & more cards you want. Go check other ccg's & you will understand this & if not then good luck.

Wow. I bet you believe government benefits are "free". CDPR is a business, first and foremost. If you don't think bottom line profit margin drive 90%+ of every decision they make then you are either (a) very young with no real world experience or (b) a naive adult that lives a sheltered life, with people giving you "free" stuff.

I just started to play and learn the game and I have no problems. I did however bought many kegs and watched a few youtube/twitch videos about diferent cards/decks.

rochambeau;n8672950 said:
Wow. I bet you believe government benefits are "free". CDPR is a business, first and foremost. If you don't think bottom line profit margin drive 90%+ of every decision they make then you are either (a) very young with no real world experience or (b) a naive adult that lives a sheltered life, with people giving you "free" stuff.

dude what I am saying is compare to other ccg. Nothing in this word is for free & why it should be? if someone is working hard for something then he have the rights to ask for something in return if you want his services, now its on you to take it or leave it... simple as it is :)

So same way cdpr is not forcing you to buy kegs.

Top Bottom