Hardcore mode: AKA 10 cards, no round draw

+
Hardcore mode: AKA 10 cards, no round draw

I want to know if this is a good idea to make a second mode that sticks more to W3 Gwent mechanics, and if its possible! Its seems like the best way to keep both ''party's''' happy concerning the carddraw mechanic.

I don't think I'd like them to split the playerbase into 2 separate gamemodes like that.
I think whatever they decide will be the main mode.g

They will be having other gamemodes but I'd be hoping for something more fun than no Mid-Game Draws. :sleepy:

(Since they will listen to our feedback and uild the best mode for Least RNG and most fairness)
But sure they could have which ever one of these doesn't make it as a weekly gamemode every now and then.

After playing tuesday i think the round 2 draw is fine.. but the round 3 draw has to go it's way to much rng.

I don't want to split the player base. I think every one should play under the same rules.

Got to agree with not wanting to have the community split .. I'd like the game to be more dynamic but the card draws should be decided by the players not at the beginning of rounds

See, I'm all for it - maybe do it like a tavern brawl set-up though where it's only on for maybe a weekend or something. I don't see it fracturing the community, just giving them more options. Maybe not on release though as they'll wanna concentrate on the base game.

Last edited:
If CDP RED will not come up with other solution to spies instead to additional card draw after each round, the special (probably added later and additional) mode will be the last hope to play Gwent based on old rules (without draw).

Even if it could be only additional mode, I would be very happy to be able to dare friends: "Ok, let's play serious Gwent"

I even come up with the name for this mode: "The Old School" :geraltthatsgood:

Never good RNG. Doesn't exist.

Politely disagree. RNG in the beginning of the match, when you get your first look at the starting 10 cards is ok, because:
  1. It makes every match different, interesting, challenging because we need to figure out tactic for this 10 cards (of course after max 3 redraws)
  2. This RNG is controllable at the some level thanks to proper deck building

RNG itself isn't s bad thing in Gwent, but it MUST be used in proper place and in proper amount.

Lies! ^_^ Yeah I know, I should have added like a cheeky smiley there, just to show I was joking - I was thinking about Yogg-Saron from HS which is, pathetic really.

Like you say
This RNG is controllable at the some level thanks to proper deck building
As long as you don't get random cards from random decks you can always control RNG - as best as you can anyways. Take Udalryk for example, the sooner you play him the more chance you have of getting what you want, reducing any 'negative' randomness that you will get with say, a full graveyard with 10+ creatures. The Operator is another good example, he's only pulling cards that would be played in that particular game of Gwent - which is fair enough imo.

Last edited:
Believe me drawing 2 cards in the second round is better for the game. A lot of people will concede early if they have a bad hand, that will give gwent a bad impression.
Drawing in the third round however, is another story.

Random Number Generator. Even though it's all random, it always has a way of fucking you over. So we always say, that's bad RNG. Never good RNG. Doesn't exist.

Nope.

Well to be fair most RNGenerators are not actually (humanly) random. They have certain set rules. Take "Xcom 2" as an example. There is obviously and option for random seed that loads different results each time you reload, but the normal option has pre-generated numbers at the beginning of rounds. Meaning that the number is not decided when you roll but when the game starts.

I voted no too, because I don't like drawing in the third round.

A poll with only "Yes" and "No" as options is always bad. There needs to be a middle ground. I also voted "no" because I do not like the 3rd round draw.

A poll with only "Yes" and "No" as options is always bad. There needs to be a middle ground. I also voted "no" because I do not like the 3rd round draw.

I do not know how to prepare poll thread, but if I do I would prepare such thing:

How is your opinion about new drawing mechanic

• it is GOOD solution
  • it is BAD solution
  • drawing after 2nd round is OK, but after 3th round - NOK
  • don't care/don't see the difference <-- (something like that)

I think those are all main and most popular options I have seen on this forum so far.

Last edited:
I do not know how to prepare pull thread, but if I do I would prepare such thing:

How is your opinion about new drawing mechanic

• it is GOOD solution
  • it is BAD solution
  • drawing after 2nd round is OK, but after 3th round - NOK
  • don't care/don't see the difference <-- (something like that)

I think those are all main and most popular options I have seen on this forum so far.

You could use "undecided" instead of I don't care. Another option would be to start out with 12-13 cards. I don't care for that though.

I've seen some people on here say they don't like the draw because it is pure rng in itself. What if, before the second round both opponents look at the top three cards of their deck and choose two to add to their hand? It gives options and allows you to have a better opportunity to get combos and strategies together for the last two rounds.

Top Bottom