Hardest difficulty is pretty easy. Game is not balanced.

+
They don't have the same cyberware and you have all the inhalers lol.

I know nothing about video game development and never really got into the whole crit stuff and all these other concepts in any of the games I have played that have had them. Everything I said was to how everything currently sits and the difficulty of enemies.

Personally what you said for Tech weapons should also be the case for power weapons.. At least for snipers & shotguns. I do think I sniped through some kinda thin metal paneling the other day with Overwatch, so that might already be the case. I like your suggestions though. You still have the issue of quickhacking.
Power weapons are not nearly as much as a problem imo because they bounce against walls, meaning that the chances for hitting an enemy through cover are much lower (unless you have a computer for a brain and know exactly where to aim, not only to hit an enemy, but to get a headshot too).
I may be wrong but I don't think that part is really abusable.

Blades too is ridiculous. I tried a katana the other week because I want more perk points & that level was trash, i think it was 2 idk... Here the enemy becomes more confused than anything and I actually took less damage in an organized crime thing than I do with power weapons.. They should have killed me quickly. I got a different save with gorilla arms where I'm just using power pistols. But I got these gorilla arms, my primary save I don't have any arm cyberware... I tried some spots with gorilla arms and was just as absurd as with the katana.

How do you balance these things without boosting the enemy? You offered some good routes for smart weapons & tech weapons.
Oh yes they are but I don't think Katana and blades in general are difficult to reballance.
First, the damage/crit damage are too high, they should start by lowering them a bit.
Second, there's some perks in the blade tree that make me raise my eyebrows. Game developpers have to think about the perk tree as a whole and see the possible combos available for the player.

Just one exemple, "Judge, jury and excecutioner" + "Fiery blast"
Essentially, your first attack on an enemy with full health does 50% extra damage (which is already insane on its own. When it stands to damage, +20% is where significant boost starts, +30% is already where it gets crazy (from that point just look at the damage given on the different perks in CP. There's no surprise for me that the game is so massively unballanced)).

But it's not over because thanks to "Fiery blast", your second attack also get boosted significantly. Like, how much damage did you do with your first attack that was increased by 50%. My guess is quiet a lot...Probably more than half so, the math is pretty simple from that point.

Even if we're generous and consider that your opponent is missing 25% health after your first attack, that's still +25% boost on the second hit...And counting! Because Fiery blast isn't limited to one hit, it keeps adding with each following attacks. Even with a decent blade (not even a good one), I don't see any enemy surviving more than three swings if you run both those Perks and we're only talking about 2 Perks...There's an entire page the player can add to the cocktail.

What if also they also just remove headshots from Smart Weapons? Only target the center mass.
You could still play a bit looser but now with a more tactical approach..
That's a good suggestion imo. In fact, for me it's how you balance Smart weapons. You lose the ability to do headshot but don't have to aim all that much...Seems fair to me.

One thing I noticed too in the perk trees is stat boosts for using cover, I'm not sure I like this. For me, I don't ever really use cover mechanics in games, as long as I can get low and play the angles, I know what I'm doing, I'm good to go. I actually like how the cover mechanics are done in this game, because I can go in and out and flow through an area rather perfectly, so I do use it here and there. I try not to put myself in positions where I'm forced to hug cover, because things are rough at that point and I'll use grenades to cover and move.. I don't think being in this position should grant you extra aid & boosts.

I'm not sure whether or not I made sense or came off hypocritical with that cover topic. Being aware enough to use cover shouldn't grant you even more bonuses.

Maybe also remove special rounds from weapons, or limit to 1 per magazine.. The 1st or last round of a magazine? The 1st & last round?
I personally believe that cover is very important for games with shooting elements (that's kinda the essence of it, at least for me, personally) however, I do believe that cover should be kept in check so it can't be abused in any cheesy way. This is achieve through improving the AI. If the enemies stay in their comfort zone and don't know where you are 90% of the time, like it's the case in CP, then yes, you can just sit behind high cover and abuse it easily. They need to come get you, jump from cover to cover, try to flank you...

A game that has an amazing cover management is the Last of us part 2. Why? Because the AI in this game is amazing (maybe a bit too amazing to be honest, On Grounded difficulty, they pretty much never miss a shot even when you poke your head out for a split second, which is a bit too extreme in the other direction but I prefere that and I digress).

Also, it's very important to make sure that bonuses that apply for while you're in cover doesn't when you're not.
They have to be specific and make Perks that say "When you're in cover blabla" or "While not in cover blabla".

The reason for that being, if you don't do that, players are not gonna choose between one or the other of your Perks, they're gonna pick both and become OP.

Or they design Perks to work together (so, they're just not good unless you pair them with the other) but it limits freedom of build.

It can be a possible line to take depending on what they want the game to be.

Top Bottom