Hardware/Software Technical Discussion Thread

+
I think they will use the very successful GTAV recipe...

Launch the game 1 year before new gen consoles come out, relaunch it for new gen consoles 2 years after the first release.

The goal is to make many of us buy this game twice.

Guest 4310777

Launch the game 1 year before new gen consoles come out, relaunch it for new gen consoles 2 years after the first release.

And we will :D

they don't need to do that. it could be purely nexgen and still be in the top 10 sale list 3-4years after launch. completely ditching current gen. and the bulk of their sales are going to be on PC anyways.

They might not need to do it, but it is a lot of extra revenue. The current generation consoles will still be a significant market for a while even after the next generation becomes available. Next gen exclusivity could make sense with a 2021+ release, the actual plan sounds more like 2019-2020 and the current generation has been confirmed to be supported (probably with a downgraded version).

That's going to depend on the prices.

980tis still run $400-$500.
so? then dont run it on max graphics. if it can run on a 1080tio at max, it kinda doesnt matter what the rest of the game will look like, you can run it on your current hardware so long as you dont EXPECT to run max graphics.

its important to note that the 50min demo supposedly ran in 720p with those PC specs. I just dont see this working on xbox one or ps4. this might be the first game that only works on X1X and Pro ditching the base models.

Your own video that says it was running at 4k 30fps in the game play preview. which would justify the 1080ti. and mean it's totally going to be able to run on a current gen consoles at 1080 30 fps.

https://www.gameinformer.com/e3-201...erpunk-2077-is-targeting-current-gen-consoles

They already confirmed it's current gen first. Maybe they will re-release it later like GTA did. But it's definitely not the industry breaking game which can't be handled by current gen. Not sure what gave off this vibes. Trailer didn't look any more special than any recent AAA open world title. More likely, the game is an early alpha and isn't optimized, so the presentation had to be ran on supercomputer.

https://www.gameinformer.com/e3-201...erpunk-2077-is-targeting-current-gen-consoles

They already confirmed it's current gen first. Maybe they will re-release it later like GTA did. But it's definitely not the industry breaking game which can't be handled by current gen. Not sure what gave off this vibes. Trailer didn't look any more special than any recent AAA open world title. More likely, the game is an early alpha and isn't optimized, so the presentation had to be ran on supercomputer.

Then watch video from Digital Foundry, or read some previews they give the reasons why current gen cant handle this game. Graphical fidelity is just smart part what make games demanding, especially in open world genre.

Your own video that says it was running at 4k 30fps in the game play preview. which would justify the 1080ti. and mean it's totally going to be able to run on a current gen consoles at 1080 30 fps.

they were saying on the resetera page that the demo was running on 720p

Trailer didn't look any more special than any recent AAA open world title.

The trailer was pushing it, but it is from what people who saw the behind closed doors demo are talking about that is making it sound completely next gen. Described that it had way more stuff showing on screen than what is in the trailer and it is all running without loading screens and that they are skeptical that it can run on current gen. That is why I am thinking it is actually build for next gen, but it will be scaled back for this gen and when next gen comes out they will show its full power. Either that, or it is all smoke and mirrors, the game they showed was not going to be the released version and it was just there to wow the writers who would gush about it and then when the game is released it will be scaled back to the limits of the current gen consoles, basically what happened with the witcher 3 fiasco. I doubt that is the case, but it never hurts to be cautious about things that sound too good to be true.

"aiming"

They already confirmed it's current gen first.

They confirmed the game will not be exclusive to next gen. That does not necessarily imply the trailer and demo are representative of what the game will look like on PS4 and XB1, only that those consoles will indeed be supported, and this does not contradict the information from Digital Foundry.

If you scroll down on the cyberpunk.net website, it says Xbone/PS4/PC right there, so it's obviously coming to current gen.

Digital Foundry is only guessing, and it's good that the guy was so impressed with the demo that he didn't think it'd be possible to pull off on current gen, but there were also a lot of people saying it totally looked current gen. So... let's just go with the official info of current gen, and maybe they'll do next gen down the line.

So, my Spring 2020 prediction just got more support.

I'm thinking CDPR will pull a Rockstar. They'll release CP 2077 for both current and next-gen.

So... let's just go with the official info of current gen, and maybe they'll do next gen down the line.

The only person who say it looks current gen was Schreier and he is gaming guy, not tech guy. Digital Fountry is tech focused, i read preview also from other tech website and they had similar opinion. The scale/level od detail, the amount of NPC's their AI behaviour and character models, destructive environment, lighting or smail little details.. And CDPR is still unsure about current gen imo, the only reason the are saying is current gen its because they dont have any information about next-gen. There is very big possibility that this game is not even running on PS4/XBOX ONE yet

BTW: The Order for example looks next-gen visually, but technology is nothing special and pretty meh.

The only person who say it looks current gen was Schreier and he is gaming guy, not tech guy. Digital Fountry is tech focused, i read preview also from other tech website and they had similar opinion. The scale/level od detail, the amount of NPC's their AI behaviour and character models, destructive environment, lighting or smail little details.. And CDPR is still unsure about current gen imo, the only reason the are saying is current gen its because they dont have any information about next-gen. There is very big possibility that this game is not even running on PS4/XBOX ONE yet

BTW: The Order for example looks next-gen visually, but technology is nothing special and pretty meh.

Nah, like I mentioned, it says on the official website that the game is coming to current gen, that's not something you just slap on there if you're unsure.

It was more than just one guy saying the demo looked doable on current gen. I remember the giant bomb guys and various other places saying that as well. The point is, tech-focused or not, you're looking at a demo without the proper tools to fully analyse what you're seeing and make an accurate statement about it. So, in the end, it's just a guess.

And they don't have to be wrong either. That demo could be too good to run on current gen hardware, but that's not the point, because it wasn't - it was running on a PC. So, they'd have to scale some things back for the console ports, but it doesn't mean they won't/can't release the game on current gen. In fact, they will, because they've repeatedly said so.

When TW3 was revealed before the then-next-gen consoles were announced, CDPR simply said it was coming out on PC and "all high-end platforms available". But now for CP they're clearly stating it's coming out on PS4 and Xbone. No real room for speculation here beyond the fact that it may also be cross-gen.

It was more than just one guy saying the demo looked doable on current gen. I remember the giant bomb guys and various other places saying that as well. The point is, tech-focused or not, you're looking at a demo without the proper tools to fully analyse what you're seeing and make an accurate statement about it. So, in the end, it's just a guess.

Well, i read most of the previews and most of them were saying that they doubt about current gen . When i read previews like this from tech related website im 100 % sure that this game will not run on current gen without heavy downgrade in every aspect.

That's nothing compared to the audible sound of 60 demo-watching jaws simultaneously hitting the floor when V finally stepped into the full streets of Night City for her first time. The number of detailed, varied, and stylish people walking around these streets, all animated in decidedly different ways and organically interacting with each other, was staggering. These weren't animation or outfit clones, either, as the game's bold leather-and-plastics neo-hipster style emphasized. My feeling was only amplified by the dense apartment towers surrounding the scene with even more people in the near distance. The whole thing looked like it required no less than three times the rendering budget of Witcher 3's demanding Novigrad City sequence.

other spectacular moments in the demo gave me utter pause. When bullets explode and whizz through a wall—a cool moment that emphasizes promises of destructible environments—they're followed by incredible, dusty rays of light. When V rides in a crime lord's car, depth-of-field and reflection effects drench the dense, varied scenery whizzing by through a car window in one of the most cinematic car-ride sequences I've ever seen in a game demo (real-time orCGI).

Top Bottom