Hardware Thread - General.

+
I'm using a relatively old system currently. Old i7 and GTX 760. Planning to update my PC to a newer i7 and GTX 1K later this year. But it's not for Cyberpunk. Cyberpunk won't come out for the next 1,5-2 years most likely, so... But I feel it's gonna be more than enough for 1080p experience.

Well i stay with FUllHD so that might help keeping the
stress to the system lower than 4k + resolutions :D

I said I would 6 years ago and I hope to stand by it.
This is the game I've always wanted and I want to experience it in full glory.

Watch the Official trailer in 4k on youtube, not for the 4K but for the image quality. 720p, 1080p and 1440p all have artifacts (terrible compression) and don't show you exactly how crisp the visuals are. 4K version fo the trailer is the only one close enough to the original source. The textures look really, really, unrealistically good. No friggin way it's not going to be downgraded for PS4 Pro, XBOX One X/S and PC (unfortunately). Just pause whenever you see the Cityscape or scenes with dynamic lighting and the shadows drawn in those scenes. The shadows are insane. View distance is insane!

I looked at the GTA V videos and they are foggy as hell at that distance (look at the Arasaka Building with the rotating hologram).

You talk about the textures. Have you played God of War that just came out? The textures in that game is far and above most current console games. Really highly detailed and crisp. The trick in God of War is they use heavy blur and low resolution for distance, but in your general game play area it is crisp and very detailed.

The trailer doesn't look like out of this world in graphics. Looks fully capable on a PC at least. I think what could possibly help a little with graphics is that draw distance might not have a huge effect since it is in a city so most long draw distances are covered by buildings.

Besides did you see "The last of us 2" 4K 11 min trailer. Look at that level of graphics, pretty spectacular. So I don't think Cyberpunk 2077 is that far fetched. The character detail in both the last of us and cyberpunk 2077 is on par. So the game world. CP2077 is a city TLOU 2 is set more open vistas and close areas.

How about Death's stranding... Games coming out in this late part of current gen look really good.

Last edited:
i hope there will be some noticeable differences.
There is much more power behind pcs...use them !

Nothing against console players, but, damn , in my opinion they are the problem that the most titels are not so much advanced anymore.

As people have said Cyberpunk’strailer and even some of the screenshotsdon’t look UNREALISTICALLY good. They’re beautiful and really well made from technical point of view. Look at the new Deus Ex. Cyberpunk graphics aren’t really beyond that maybe with an exception for longer draw distances.
Or open world-wise: Horizon: Zero Dawn. That game looks INCREDIBLYgood and it has all the systems (day/night cycle, NPCs behaviours etc) and it runs well. I really do think CP is 100% possible on current hen hardware. Not without compromises on basic versions but still

That being said I’m most likely picking it up on a basic PS4. After what I’ve seen with Blood and Wines improvements over the base game I believe CDPR are capable of introducing the improvements and detail shown in the trailer even considering all the intricacies of crowds and large city environments. Plus they’re more familiar with the hardware and their own engine now.

Guest 4310777

As people have said Cyberpunk’strailer and even some of the screenshotsdon’t look UNREALISTICALLY good. They’re beautiful and really well made from technical point of view. Look at the new Deus Ex. Cyberpunk graphics aren’t really beyond that maybe with an exception for longer draw distances.
Or open world-wise: Horizon: Zero Dawn. That game looks INCREDIBLYgood and it has all the systems (day/night cycle, NPCs behaviours etc) and it runs well. I really do think CP is 100% possible on current hen hardware. Not without compromises on basic versions but still

That being said I’m most likely picking it up on a basic PS4. After what I’ve seen with Blood and Wines improvements over the base game I believe CDPR are capable of introducing the improvements and detail shown in the trailer even considering all the intricacies of crowds and large city environments. Plus they’re more familiar with the hardware and their own engine now.

Deus Ex MD used 10gb of VRAM at highest settings 1440p on my PC lol I don't think Cyberpunk looks any better than GTA5 until you get really up close to stuff, the engine is really fucking good

I'm nervous my current build won't be able to run it well/at all. But I'm trying to save up for a wedding, so that's taking priority right now.

They are gonna release on current gen. And then re-release on next gen.
It's double profit.
Just remember GTA5: PS3 / Xbox 360 > PS4 / Xbox One.

I only need a new GPU (my current one is GTX970, and is still great for vast majority of games, but Metro Exodus and CP 2077 would demand more), since I already bought I5 8600K (six cores), 16GB DDR4 3200MHz, SSD's..

I currently have a i7-4790K with 1080 ti Aorus Xtreme and Samsung 850 pro. My guess is that the game comes out around may 2020 so new cpu (i7-8700k minimum) and the latest nvidia flagship then will be top priority for me. Why? Because I'm a sucker for playing games completely maxed out. Did the same for TW3.

Bankaccount suffers tho. :(

I upgraded PC when witcher 2 got out. I was planing to upgrade for witcher 3, and I did, but in 2016. because I waited for new graphics cards 1080/1070. I played witcher 3 on 27" monitor with gsync and gtx 1080 gpu, that was best gaming experience I had, totally worth the money.

And I am totally getting at least new gpu for cyberpunk (there will be other great games of course out there), in a few months nvidia is putting new gpus on market, and I will pick something new

Well - I cannot say that I specifically build a computer for this new game. As the game is far away from release, I think that by release time the hardware we have now will be a bit dusty...

Even to today's standards my computer is far from a top-of-the-range model by any means. I am in the process of replacing my old and trusty i5-3570 for an i7-3770K. This is about the max my socket 1155 motherboard can take. I also have installed 16Gb of Kingston Fury HyperX 1866MHz DDR3 memory, and replaced my GTX 970 for an GTX 1070 Ti. That's about the best I can do now.

I hope by the time Cyberpunk 2077 is released, my system is good enough to run the game somewhat acceptable.

Oh, I need to upgrade, no doubt, but I want to see the requirements first. Then I can work out a budget.

I hope my two 1080Ti's will be enough. Not that I use more than one GPU in a game tough. SLI is in general just plain bad or wonky. Unless a game has been optimized for it.

Unfortunately my CPU is kinda bad, I built my PC mostly for rendering (GPU rendering that is) but I got plenty of RAM and run games from a M.2 drive.

Edit: spelling.

Last edited:
You talk about the textures. Have you played God of War that just came out? The textures in that game is far and above most current console games. Really highly detailed and crisp. The trick in God of War is they use heavy blur and low resolution for distance, but in your general game play area it is crisp and very detailed.

The trailer doesn't look like out of this world in graphics. Looks fully capable on a PC at least. I think what could possibly help a little with graphics is that draw distance might not have a huge effect since it is in a city so most long draw distances are covered by buildings.

Besides did you see "The last of us 2" 4K 11 min trailer. Look at that level of graphics, pretty spectacular. So I don't think Cyberpunk 2077 is that far fetched. The character detail in both the last of us and cyberpunk 2077 is on par. So the game world. CP2077 is a city TLOU 2 is set more open vistas and close areas.

How about Death's stranding... Games coming out in this late part of current gen look really good.

They are all getting downgraded, especially TLOU Part 2, it was 100% scripted. Bookmark this reply and come back to read it when the downgraded TLOU Part 2 comes out, and it will. Naughty Dog know they can't deliver those visuals, they've known that for weeks or even months, but they showed it off during E3 anyway, didn't they? Why? TLOU Part 2 will be epic, it's Naughty Dog after all, but the trickery remains as usual.

1. God of War actually got an upgrade. It didn't look that good at the reveal and it looks far better now. God of War as an example of how much the PS4 can handle is utterly moot, that game never shows more detail than how far you can throw a stone (10-20 feet). Its incredibly tight (linear) camera angles only show you huge vistas during cutscenes. Otherwise, most of those are very blurry and foggy just like you said.

2. The textures may be good but then you again you only have 2 incredibly detailed characters on screen at any given time during the gameplay. Draugrs and other enemies are duplicated textures/meshes. Exclude the cutscenes with NPCs, which would make it 3 or 4 characters max (throughout the whole game). So is that some kind of never before seen achievement? LMAO, no. It's a far cry from the CP2077 level of the densely populated environment shown off in the trailer. GoW is an amazing game but let's not give it credit where it isn't due.

3. TLOU's camera angles are linear as hell. The game mostly takes place in linear closed off levels, where every other turn is a leaky basement parking, a conveniently destroyed building, or some swampy city block with closed off intersections. Can you go wherever you please in that game? No? Exactly. Moot comparison to games like CP2077.

As for Death Stranding, have you seen any populated environment in that game? An in-depth look at cities or anything to indicate that DS is set in a highly demanding environment? What it has so far shown so far is 2 or 3 characters and a baby in open wastelands and mountain area with water, sand, dead fish. Nothing from anything Kojima has shown so far about Death Stranding tells me it's a hardware resource intensive game.

4. HZD was downgraded (a lot) to make it playable. What you saw at E3 2016 isn't what you got. The game may be great, and I heard it is, but, the trickery remains. The beautiful lighting is completely gone. Leaving behind lighting that makes skin look like it was factory manufactured, as well as that beautiful, magically all-engulfing, dense fog. See for yourself:

Also, most people who have actually played the demo at E3 are mostly in agreement that this game, in its current form, and as was shown off in the trailer, is impossible to pull off on current gen. Which might mean that it will be downgraded on PC just like TW3 was. Or maybe CDPR will optimize the game for consoles and PC differently allowing the PCs to turn it all the way up to what the trailer showed. In all honesty, I just want "GAME ENGINE FOOTAGE" to hold some truth to it this time around. Otherwise, there is no point in showing that off as some sort of technical achievement for REDengine 4. Yeah, yeah, great! Your engine can achieve that every year at E3, but why is that same visual fidelity you proudly used to drop millions of jaws now missing in the final product you sold me?

Last edited:
guys lets be reallistic about this. Cyberpunk 2077 is some next-gen shit. the game is not coming out tommorow, it is coming in 1,5 or 2 years. BE REAL. of course it will look worst on ps4 and xbox. this is HUGE world, amazing graphics, great level of details on both important charcters and regular npcs, story, cars, weapons, augmentations. be prepare yourself on upgrade PC or buying next gen console

Dont make this about CDPR, they are great game developers, but they are not miracle workers.

And please dont compare exclusives for some console with multiplatform game. God of war 4 and last of us 2 are exclusives for PS4, made only for PS4 and they are best possible suited for PS4. it would not be the same if they were on multiple platforms. and while both of those games are great, they are not as nearly rich as will cyberpunk will be.just compare witcher 3 that got out 3 years ago, how it is much bigger then god of war 4. Consoles have a lot of limitations and that is a FACT. so dont be surprised when you see the difference between ps4 and xbox1 on one side, and PC, ps5 and next xbox on the other. it is just logical

Oh, be prepared to spend some hard cash to get the best out of CP2077. Start saving now. You're going to need it.

Concur with the above post.
I see a few people mentioning SLI. Forget it. Just get the best GPU you can afford.

Also, ideally, you want to install this and any other game with minimal area load screens on an SSD so assets can be quickly loaded on the fly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom