Hardware Thread - General.

+
Hi everyone,

I remember around witcher 3 release I upgraded my pc for that game only. Now all these years later my pc could use another upgrade so I'm waiting on recommended specs for 2077. Anyone wanna have a guess as what the recommended / minimal / ultra specs will be?

Do you think we will need a 8700k and 1080ti to get the best of it? Or maybe the game will be optimised greatly for multicore/thread so an AMD 2600/2700 will be the way to go?

I wanna add that for witcher 3 I was looking at 1080p 60Hz. Since those years I have upgraded to 1440p 1440Hz so I'm hoping to get 2077 to run at a high framerate.

Need to do a beefy upgrade and I'm saving up for the Xmas Sales on Newegg when that time of the year comes around.

I do hope they release system requirements soon so that we have the ability to gauge what exactly we will need by the book for running the game on high at 1080p.

I wanna add that for witcher 3 I was looking at 1080p 60Hz. Since those years I have upgraded to 1440p 1440Hz so I'm hoping to get 2077 to run at a high framerate.

1440 isn't a massive jump, if you have a current gen GFX card and recent CPU should be fine.

The I5 will be fine, the 970 is probably starting to creek abit at 1440, but like a 1070 or Vega 56 would be more than enough.

Guest 3847602

Nah, the vast majority of games I like to play does not require a high-end PC, so I feel like spending too much just to enjoy a few demanding games to the fullest would be a wasted effort.
Naturally, in unlikely scenario of some of my components dying in the meantime, I'll be forced to upgrade, but otherwise - no.

Oh yeah, I'm planning to build a £3000 SLI gaming PC for this!
1440p@80-100 is my goal...

Yeah, you're right, and it's funny they are doing it now when 4K gaming is starting... But there is no downside of having a second GPU, you can always turn it off, or use it for recording, rescaling, or physics...
Btw anybody who says W3 doesn't need a strong gaming PC is wrong, if you want to run it on at least 1080p@60 over medium without sudden stutters or frame-drops, you better have a 1070.

Last edited:
I wish! But no, I built my PC for the Witcher 3 a few years ago (I think the thread I started for it is still lingering around the forums :)) and except the 970 card that died a few months ago, my PC should be perfectly fine to run Cyberpunk, especially with my new 1060 card.

I like pretty graphics but I'm not one of those people who has to play games at minimum 200fps at ultra or I start screaming and pulling my hair out. :giggle:

I like pretty graphics but I'm not one of those people who has to play games at minimum 200fps at ultra or I start screaming and pulling my hair out. :giggle:
Same. Had to upgrade to R5 1600 from dying Phenom II 1100T. Still have same GTX 960 4GB. As long as fps drop not lower than ~30 @ 1080p, game is perfectly playable and enjoyable in my book.

Same. Had to upgrade to R5 1600 from dying Phenom II 1100T. Still have same GTX 960 4GB. As long as fps drop not lower than ~30 @ 1080p, game is perfectly playable and enjoyable in my book.

Heh, I've been making do with the 660Ti someone was kind enough to lend me until my 1060 arrives and I can replace it. I haven't tried the Witcher 3 on the 660, but it has managed to play just about everything else. Though admittedly MMOs and Dragon Age aren't exactly graphically taxing for the most part. :ROFLMAO:

I updated my GPU for this game. got my self a 1080Ti sea hawk from MSI. This thing is dope!! love that it is water cooled!

It is a bit early to build a new PC for this game. We do not know the system requirements yet, there are no benchmarks, and by the time it releases, better hardware might become available. It is also possible that the game will again be bundled with some GPUs like The Witcher 3, if such deals are still made by vendors.

It is a bit early to build a new PC for this game. We do not know the system requirements yet, there are no benchmarks, and by the time it releases, better hardware might become available. It is also possible that the game will again be bundled with some GPUs like The Witcher 3, if such deals are still made by vendors.
Used to have a 980ti, so Had to upgrade anyway

Top Bottom