Hardware Thread - General.

+
It has always been my plan to do a full upgrade for Cybperpunk 2077 - I have still been waiting for prices to become more reasonable in some areas. I am still using my 1080p monitor from 2008 so I would love to experience this in a higher resolution format. Other than that memory prices have been high for a while and I have been waiting for some new CPU's to roll out before I commit. Luckily my GPU situation has been solved for a while so no issues there :)

Guest 4310777

Fingers crossed a 1080ti can run this at 1440p @ 100fps-ish at very high settings

I might do a little bit of upgrading down the road -- but I'm hoping my Ryzen 1600/GTX 1080 should do well enough for me.

Hi everyone,

I remember around witcher 3 release I upgraded my pc for that game only. Now all these years later my pc could use another upgrade so I'm waiting on recommended specs for 2077. Anyone wanna have a guess as what the recommended / minimal / ultra specs will be?

Do you think we will need a 8700k and 1080ti to get the best of it? Or maybe the game will be optimised greatly for multicore/thread so an AMD 2600/2700 will be the way to go?
Depends on the resolution if you play on 1080p, i doubt you will need an upgrade, if you want to play on 4k 60fps 1080 ti will probably be able to handle it, no game shown in e3 looks to be really next gen and all the today stuff will handle that

I'm really happy with my GTX 1060, but i will probably upgrade my CPU and RAM this christmas. (Using a i7-4770 and 8GB DDR3 atm) I have zero Problems with The Witcher 3 on Ultra and 1080p60fps, but i had to fiddle alot with FFXV to make it work on high and even then i only managed 50-55fps. Maybe/Hopefully we get a glimpse on the system requirements this year.

My graphic card died few days ago and I'm still considering whether to buy a new one or save money for assembling new, better PC. In the meantime, I switched for PS4, so I'm gonna play 2077 on my console ;) But... IF I choose to build a new PC, then will definitely buy also PC version ;)

We will need a 2-way SLI optimisation, I'm personally going for 1180 ti and I want to have a chance to pick up the second card so to gain 2x advantage in ideal for Cyberpunk

We don't even know yet if CP won't end up being a launch title for the next generation of consoles, so better wait for the system requirements first.

I will probably not build a whole new pc for that, but I will probably upgrade my CPU. If it REALLY is necessary, I may also buy a new graphics card.

Well... actually I may also buy new RAM....

Ok fkk that if it is necessary I bust my wallet in the balls

Nah man, my W3 Rig has to do even for CP2077
The hardware prices are still deadly, specially for highend GPUs

so my RIG with:
Xeon 1241v3; 16GB RAM; GTX980 and all SSDs which work on SATA max
has to do it for the next years. If the devs optimize CP2077 as they did
with W3 i should be fine i think

Based off of all the behind closed doors demo impressions, cyberpunk stole the show and legit looked like a breathtaking game. On a PC.....................

How the hell is CDPR going to handle the backlash because I don't see how WHATEVER this game is will be able to run on current gen consoles, at least the base ps4 and base xbox.

I am glad I got my new PC when I did, the GTX 1060 w/6gb of RAM will help as well as the PC's RAM upgrade and SSD I am getting this summer help. If I get anywhere the performance upgrade I did with my old laptop, I will be in the clouds.

The impressions from journalists regarding the game's potential on current gen consoles was divided. A LOT seemed to think that what was shown simply wasn't possible on PS4/XB1, but a few (like Kotaku's Jason Schreier) believed that the game 'looked like a real game' that built to run on current gen consoles.

Hopefully if they've done enough backend on the game engine they'll be able to easily scale the game down for PS4/XB1 and dial it up to 11 for the PC version... we can only hope.

Top Bottom