Hardware Thread - General.

+
The game was running on a high end machine, as the current build isn't optimised. as I said above, that won't happen until the game is feature complete. What the final specs will be at this stage is guess work as it will depend on how much of a hit the rest of the features will be, vs how much that they can claw back with the optimisations.

The best thing to do is hold fire and save your money until the the actual requirements are released. Also, given that the game is probably still a year or two out, you'll probably be able to pick up something better for the same price.

All I want to know is if this game is going to support SLI or if it has plans to in the future so people can play in 3840x2160.

Last edited:
Frankly, I'm not too much worried about performance anymore. I mean, sure, I understand people with beasty rigs who spent a lot of money. It's obvious you want to make the best out of your hardware and have the game work as smooth as possible. I, however, developed a bit different approach to the gaming recently. I have i5-4440, GTX 970, 16GB RAM and a cheapest SSD on market (mostly playing games from HDD, also one of the cheapest). It's still well performing rig, and mostly better than base versions of current gen consoles (base PS4, base Xbox One). If there are millions of players enjoying the same games on PS4 and Xbox One, played at 1080p@30FPS, then so can I.

For the hardware and performance stuff I only wish the game is optimized in terms of stuttering. I don't mind having lower FPS, I don't mind locking it at 1080p@30 with 1/2 Refresh Rate VSync. The only thing that really bothers me is how some games constantly stutter, even on the lowest settings. Like ME: Andromeda when walking around on The Tempest, or during some cutscenes. To me it's much more important to have stable framerate (hate variable FPS), good framepacing and no stuttering. If I can have that, then even 1080p@30FPS is cool for me :)

All I want to know is if this game is going to support SLI or if it has plans to in the future so people can play in 3840x2160.
Iirc Marcin already confirmed on twitter the game will support non standard (wider) aspect ratios. Makes sense since Witcher 3 did as well.

I just hope the game supports Vulkan instead of DX11.

Will Cyberpunk 2077 be SLI graphics card friendly? Will it scale well running dual graphics cards? I would really like to know the answer to this.

Will Cyberpunk 2077 be SLI graphics card friendly? Will it scale well running dual graphics cards? I would really like to know the answer to this.

likely not, since it depends more on Nvidia and they are scaling back that tech more each generation. which is not to say not supporting it at all, just very limited.

SLI / Crossfire is officially supported by very few games, and the more complex a title becomes (especially in the non-graphics departments), the more likely synced-GPU setups will have issues. That's not saying it will have problems, but it's more prone to having problems.

The technique is something that's offered as a feature from Nvidia / Radeon, not most developers. It's a.) very expensive, and therefore b.) generally rare compared to single-GPU systems. This makes it less likely for development time to be spent on specifically coding support into a game. Diminishing returns. In the end, it's usually up to individual system configs and whether a particular game feels like cooperating or not.

I have no idea whether CDPR intends to officially incorporate it for Cyberpunk, but the reality above is a consideration before shelling out the buckage. It's always been a hit-or-miss feature; I don't see the future being much different.

Last edited:
Sorry, I can't write short, bit of an essay here.

I game on an i7 4770 16GBram on a 60Hz 1080p display.
One of the fans on my Sapphire RX 270 Dual-X 4GB has started to rattle. I'm Playing Divinity Original Sin 2 and I keep the game running all day and play when I can since I work from home. Two days ago, in the afternoon, it started making rattling sounds. I reckon it's going to fail soon. I'm long out of warranty so I've started my research for a new GPU. Obviously the reason I'm posting it here is because Cyberpunk 2077 is a big priority for me.
I don't see getting a new/bigger monitor because I don't really feel the need for it and while 1440 is possible, 4k is just out of my reach. So I'll be sticking with my 1080p when Cyberpunk 2077 rolls out , maybe a 1440p if this display dies, which I hope it won't.
So, with 4K being reality nowadays, I think it's not too much to ask if I want my games to output 1080p with everything cranked up along with at least 4k AA and running games at 60 FPS.
I reckon the game is a year away at least, closer to two maybe. and since I will clearly need a new GPU soon and I don't want to have to buy one again in 2 years. Ideally I prefer not to buy GPUs in less than 4 years. I'd like to play CP2k77 with all maxed out at 60fps. So it will be helpful to know what kind of configuration CDPR is targeting for running the game at 60fps at 1080p wit all maxed.
I need to know what GPU I should get now so I can enjoy CP2k77 to the max graphical quality at 1080p. Obviously the developers can answer this best and that's who this plea for help is primarily directed toward. So if they would give me advice, it will be great. Others are also very welcome, of course.

Sorry, I can't write short, bit of an essay here.

I need to know what GPU I should get now so I can enjoy CP2k77 to the max graphical quality at 1080p. Obviously the developers can answer this best and that's who this plea for help is primarily directed toward. So if they would give me advice, it will be great. Others are also very welcome, of course.

1060 should do it. Maybe 1070.
Fluid 4k gaming needs a 2080ti and thats beyond most peoples reach. 4K still has software scaling issues.

I suggest getting a 1440p 32" 16:9 monitor. Samsung sells a top notch quality s32d850. Combine that with a 1070 or 1080 and it will be the single best improvement youll make. When you go to 4k years later it wont nearly be as dramatic as what this upgrade would do.
Work productivity, browsing, youtube, videos will be a HELL of a lot better. It is not too large.
The samsung can be had for quite cheap US $340 !! (compared to 34" 21:9). It also has more physical screen area than 21:9. Less GPU power to run - 2560x1440p VS 3440x1440p.

0 scaling issues. It happens to be exactly the same DPI as a 24" @ 1080p. (the defacto software DPI standard).
Ive got money to burn on pc stuff and im not on 4K. I run a 1080ti with that monitor. Show me a better 32" 16:9 1440p and ill buy it.

Also, id advise you to stop with this 'logic' of upgrading GPUs only every 4 years. They age like warm milk. Buy & sell often.
Nothing wrong with 2nd hand, also recoup $ on ebay with the old one when its time to upgrade. You wont spend much more while keeping up with the times

Heres my system, you can see theres no expense spared - https://pcpartpicker.com/b/TKkdnQ
It was also a rare front page featured build of the week as there are no LEDs. Its built for silent performance, not an RGB pride parade.

Last edited:
Any chance for SLI support? With the RTX cards in NVLINK, we get double the FPS now. would love to utilize this in this game.

I think there's also this thread: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...-requirements-be-lets-discuss.10999072/page-4

Which does much the same: Discuss Cyberpunk's hardware requirements. Merge maybe?

Like I said in that thread, we're living in interesting times.

Cyberpunk will be dealing with the PS5 / XBoxTwo.
The PS5/XBTwo will have a Zen2 AMD CPU.
AMD is going to release its Zen2 "Ryzen 3000" CPUs for the desktop market, in just a few weeks.
E3 will possibly bring more info on Cyberpunk 2077 (Release date and System Specs hopefully?), possibly alongside Sony revealing the PS5 and its specs.

I'm choosing my time to build a new PC, very carefully. If my old one lasts long enough for both Sony, AMD and CDPR to come up with the goods, I might be able to hit the sweet spots and build a system that uses AMD's latest offering, to meet both Cyberpunk's system requirements AND keep up with the new console generation for another 6 years.

Patience... timing...
Post automatically merged:

will a Vega 64 card be ok for this game?

Cyberpunk's system requirements, alongside its release date, are unknown.

All we know is the system specs that the demo ran on, and the predictions of the clever boys and girls at game-debate for what they might be at release.

The Vega 64 won't be enough to run the demo we were shown. It's 25% less powerful. https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1080-Ti-vs-AMD-RX-Vega-64/3918vs3933

The Vega 64 might be enough to run the game if Game-Debate's prediction of the recommended specs are correct.
https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1070-vs-AMD-RX-Vega-64/3609vs3933

Otherwise, I'm right with you. I'm dying for CDPR to tell me what GPU I should buy.

Last edited:
I purchased an RTX 2060 a couple of months ago, and I plan to build a new PC around it based on what Intel and AMD's upcoming new offerings for CPUs are. I'm hoping this is enough to run CP2077 on PC at respectable settings - I'll be targeting 1080p/60fps. I think it should be enough since the 40 minute gameplay demo (assuming those visuals are targeting current gen consoles) looked pretty good, and I'll be happy to replicate that level of fidelity on the PC version.

I purchased an RTX 2060 a couple of months ago, and I plan to build a new PC around it based on what Intel and AMD's upcoming new offerings for CPUs are. I'm hoping this is enough to run CP2077 on PC at respectable settings - I'll be targeting 1080p/60fps. I think it should be enough since the 40 minute gameplay demo (assuming those visuals are targeting current gen consoles) looked pretty good, and I'll be happy to replicate that level of fidelity on the PC version.

Should be no issue for a 2060. What I foresee here, though, is that as a "budget" model of the RTX line, the ray-tracing functionality is probably going to get outclassed fast, and utilizing it in demanding titles will wind up costing some significant performance. Should hold it's own for a year or two, I imagine.

On the up-side, playing many games at 2K - 4K may be fairly possible at ~60 FPS for most titles.

I'm somewhat weary of the whole Ray-Tracing thing and I'd say people get too hung up over it. It's clearly Nvidia's latest buzzword to get people hyped, and I'm not sure we should assign the amount of value that Nvidia would like you to attribute it.

There's some 4 games currently on the market, that use Ray-Tracing to make the fall of light SLIGHTLY prettier than it normally would've been. You're going to have to stand still and alt-tab out of your game to compare screenshots.

Sure, if you have a $2000+ rig that you upgrade every other week, I can understand you might be worried over what your ray-tracing might do. At that point you're more of a tech-enthousiast than a gamer. Literally everyone else should just focus on
playing many games at 2K - 4K may be fairly possible at ~60 FPS
instead of getting distracted by Nvidia latest carrot-on-a-stick. :p

You'll be alright and SigilFay just laid out the most important bit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom