Harmony - principles and consistency ignored during development?

+
We all know, that Harmony had been neglected for years until recent improvements happend, but why are the developers not consistent in their approaches?
Remember the Masquerade Ball being nerfed so that it can only trigger chapters when an aristocrat card is played on your side of the board? The purpose was to prevent the scenario from triggering more than once during a turn (probably most people still remember the Ball+Roderick plays).
What we have now with the Harmony scenario combined with the leader ability, makes it look similar to the Masquerade Ball before nerf. It can trigger two chapters within one turn. So this alone makes it a deviation from the principle made for other scenario. I don't think any other scenario can do that at the moment.
The culprit? The leader token Dana Meadbh. People can use it in several ways. And most times I saw it being slammed the same turn the scenario is played. This way removing scenario, when half of the chapters are already triggered, makes much less sense for the opponent, and this is another aspect of the inequity shown towards other scenarios. I want to think, that this is just a negligence, but if it is not and the devs think it's not a problem and it's a fair solution, then why don't we have Thrive tag on the Woodland Spirit token? It would still be lesser evil, than Harmony, because not a lot of units can trigger thrive on such a tall unit, whilst Dana can benefit from its harmony tag every single turn.
So as a conclusion, I would say, that a fair solution would be to remove the harmony tag from the leader token.

rrc

Forum veteran
I never thought I would see a day where people create a complaint thread for Harmony and here we are. Harmony is now at its best and is decent and can win some games, but it is not OP or even Tier 1/2 in my experience.

Triggering Chapter 1 means nothing. It is just +2 points. It doesn't change the heatwaveable state of the scenario.

Top Bottom