Harvest Of Sorrow - The final card drop of Price Of Power

+

rrc

Forum veteran
My doubt is, whether ONLY mages contribute to Crew or mages ALSO contribute to the Crew? What would happen is a soldier is on one side and a mage is on the other side? Or both sides with soldiers?

MO
These new MO cards are a nice suprise [...].
Yaga - tricky to play, you need to eat at least to enemy units to get some reasonable value out of her, but if you can keep her alive and keep the chain going, the points will go through the roof. There are ways for both players to play around her, so that is a nice change [...]. Incubus and Operator will ensure you get at least a chance to chain the consumes.
Sabbath - someone will probably figure out how to abuse it to ress Gerni or some other cards that should not be ress-able, but at least you have to properly set it up. [...]
Incubus - SK players will hate this card :) It'll probably end up as a simple point-slam play, since MO has way taller bronzes than other factions.
Witch - powercreep in it's "finest", they don't just powecreep between expansions anymore, they powercreep between card reveals!

Last edited by a moderator:
I like this new type of crew concept as something that should remain unic. It gives a true authenticity to this card. I understand it will work wether you play a mage or a soldier.
The order ability is... Definitely strong, but it has no Zeal, so there is many ways to counter it.

My doubt is, whether ONLY mages contribute to Crew or mages ALSO contribute to the Crew? What would happen is a soldier is on one side and a mage is on the other side? Or both sides with soldiers?
"Contribute" indicates that it will work with both soldiers and mages.

rrc

Forum veteran
Meditating_Mage-1024x576[1].png

MO
These new MO cards are a nice suprise, [...]
Yaga - tricky to play, you need to eat at least to enemy units to get some reasonable value out of her, but if you can keep her alive and keep the chain going, the points will go through the roof. There are ways for both players to play around her, so that is a nice change [...]. Incubus and Operator will ensure you get at least a chance to chain the consumes.
Sabbath - someone will probably figure out how to abuse it to ress Gerni or some other cards that should not be ress-able, but at least you have to properly set it up. [...]
Incubus - SK players will hate this card :) It'll probably end up as a simple point-slam play, since MO has way taller bronzes than other factions.
Witch - powercreep in it's "finest", they don't just powecreep between expansions anymore, they powercreep between card reveals!
You were a pro player but in The Last month you only play casual, seasonal and etc.

When we speak in balance, we are thinking in a competitivo way, not just "fun" tô play, specialy when The other factions gain good cards and MO only gets "fun play".

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
You were a pro player but in The Last month you only play casual, seasonal and etc.

When we speak in balance, we are thinking in a competitivo way, not just "fun" tô play, specialy when The other factions gain good cards and MO only gets "fun play".

[...]
Cards don't have to be simple to be competitive. BTW what factions (plural) got more competitive cards than MO?

Cards don't have to be simple to be competitive. BTW what factions (plural) got more competitive cards than MO?
Cards do not have to be simple to competetive, however you cannot really pretend that MO would (currently) not be the bottom Tier faction.

Cards do not have to be simple to competetive, however you cannot really pretend that MO would (currently) not be the bottom Tier faction.
You're making it sound like NR doesn't even exist :D
MO is definitely not going to be the weakest faction, i think it might even do better than SK.

Poor Meditating Mage, no one speaking about him :(
I think it's ther first bronze to get Resilience. If you use him with Operator or The Mushy Truffle, you can get a little army of resilient bodies to help you in a short second round (if you manage to win the first). Also, his order ability allow you to keep it until it's needed, because once the next round will start all boost will disappear; BUT if you haven't used it, this card could turn into something like an engine, with all the Vitality acumulated thanks to Patience.
It's going to be a difficult card to play or take advantage with it, but I think it can be very interesting with some deck preparation, and I appreciate this new adition :D

Last edited:
Poor Meditating Mage, no one speaking about him :(
I think it's ther first bronze to get Resilience. If you use him with Operator or The Mushy Truffle, you can get a little army of resilient bodies to help you in a short second round (if you manage to win the first). Also, his order ability alows you to keep it until it's needed, because once the next round will start all boost will disappear; BUT if you haven't used it, this card could turn into something like an engine, with all the Vitality acumulated thanks to Patience.
It's going to be a difficult card to play or take advantage with it, but I think it can be very interesting with some deck preparation, and I appreciate this new adition :D
It is the third Patience bronze, so that is already decent.
Beyond that one has to keep in mind that not only is it's bonded ability good, one can even trigger bonded on all copies.
More Patience also means that Patience as an archetype might become viable.
Interesting is also that (unlike boosts) Vitality works as carryover.

Messenger of the Sea is by far the best card for SK that will come out this patch. People complained about Selfeaters cuz they were a 6 point engine, just wait till they see an engine that comes out as 8 and then generates 4 points per turn (even more with storm) :))
The tears will flow on the forums. I give it 2 weeks maybe 3 if we're lucky before they nerf her to only get the buff for damaged units on the opposite row.
The difference is spawning rain on both rows is way harder then playing a relict

What the.. this looks so strong! :O cheap carryover! Keep in mind that vitality is a status and as such after applied will translate to the next round too! :eek: and u can have two of these... if both use their order this is a simple 10+ carryover, which is kind of like mini and cheap She Who Knows, a lot easier to use too.

What the.. this looks so strong! :O cheap carryover! Keep in mind that vitality is a status and as such after applied will translate to the next round too! :eek: and u can have two of these... if both use their order this is a simple 10+ carryover, which is kind of like mini and cheap She Who Knows, a lot easier to use too.
Yup, pretty much an 8 pt carry over. This is bizarre considering most Gold Resilience units are costed high even at 4-5pts. I guess they think bonded is a good balance if you destroy 1 problem solved. Except NR now has ways to summon patience units from the grave and they have the best echo card so they have flexibility to play it at will. The risk is minimal.
If bronze cards are doing everything Gold cards should be doing, but better what's the point of even having them now.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Regarding the two NR cards:

- The gold seems awfully convoluted to me. I watched it on misterhabbla's video and i actually thought he was trolling us and then he would reveal the real card, since the card text seems so strange.
Without zeal and only 5pt it will be very vulnerable to removal. And the cooldown is so long... Im not excited to try it.

- On the other hand, the bronze resilient mage seems really good, the first good bronze for NR in PoP.
And its NR, so you have no trouble creating extra copies with reinforcements and queen adalia, you can create a resilient army and give a lot of trouble to your opponents if they dont have control.

However, this reminds me of beta. There were also bronze resilient units there and i thought this was one of the things the devs didnt like it, but now after so many years they're reintroducing it.
I had a NG deck with 4/5 resilient units, then i played iris, which was a deathwish unit on opponents side, if i didnt kill her she would "die" on round end and boost all my resilient units, doing 40-50pts of carryover, it was crazy and caught so many people offguard.
Post automatically merged:

Lets see how many resilient mages we can make in a perfect round:

2x meditating mages
1x from Operator
1x from queen adalia
1x from reinforcements
1x from mushy truffle location
possibly 2x or (3x w Triss TK) with luck on Runeword (3/8 chance)
2x more with Megascopes
(even more if combo'ed with Idarran)

That's a LOT of resilience...

Last edited:
Regarding the two NR cards:

- The gold seems awfully convoluted to me. I watched it on misterhabbla's video and i actually thought he was trolling us and then he would reveal the real card, since the card text seems so strange.
Without zeal and only 5pt it will be very vulnerable to removal. And the cooldown is so long... Im not excited to try it.

- On the other hand, the bronze resilient mage seems really good, the first good bronze for NR in PoP.
And its NR, so you have no trouble creating extra copies with reinforcements and queen adalia, you can create a resilient army and give a lot of trouble to your opponents if they dont have control.

However, this reminds me of beta. There were also bronze resilient units there and i thought this was one of the things the devs didnt like it, but now after so many years they're reintroducing it.
I had a NG deck with 4/5 resilient units, then i played iris, which was a deathwish unit on opponents side, if i didnt kill her she would "die" on round end and boost all my resilient units, doing 40-50pts of carryover, it was crazy and caught so many people offguard.
Post automatically merged:

Lets see how many resilient mages we can make in a perfect round:

2x meditating mages
1x from Operator
1x from queen adalia
1x from reinforcements
1x from mushy truffle location
possibly 2x or (3x w Triss TK) with luck on Runeword (3/8 chance)
2x more with Megascopes
(even more if combo'ed with Idarran)

Mage meditator looks like a highly toxic card... Calling it right now, for 4 provisions it's just like a trying to take out a pack of mosquitos with a handgun, it's an expensive tool to deal with cheap mosquitos but if you don't they will suck up a lot of ur blood and leave you itching your mind off. x_x

That’s a lot of removal demanded!

And you didn’t even mention replays with renew, necromancy, Shani, and teleportation (x2).

Winning round one with a bunch of 4 point plays might be problematic, but that’s the only real weakness.

DRK3

Forum veteran
That’s a lot of removal demanded!

And you didn’t even mention replays with renew, necromancy, Shani, and teleportation (x2).

Winning round one with a bunch of 4 point plays might be problematic, but that’s the only real weakness.

I doubt renew or teleportations will be worth it to get extra meditation mages, but Shani yes, a great pick for this type of deck.

I have some experience playing with or against heavy resilience decks - in betas and Gwent HC.
Like you've pointed out, winning R1 with this strategy will be too hard, because setting up all these resilient mages is very low tempo.

For the players facing this, its similar to facing Vypper or mill, where you cant pass R1, even if you 'd get card advantage and opponent's leader out.

For players using this, a possible strategy is to overcommit R1 and try to make your opponent pass early, then do a long R2 setting up all these resilience for a short R3, even if you go a card down, its ok when you have like 30pts of carryover.
HOWEVER, this wont be advisable against NG or SY - NG will just copy all the resilient mages, while SY will wipe all your board and no carryover will be left alive... :shrug:

Top Bottom