Harvest Of Sorrow - The final card drop of Price Of Power

+

rrc

Forum veteran
I was waiting for the official news, but I can't hold my excitement anymore.

Teaser:

First Reveals:

Revealed Cards:
Filavandrel_aen_Fidhail[1].png

Bountiful_Harvest[1].png

The-Mushy-Truffle[1].png

Damn.. I must say I really really love Bountiful Harvest. Seems like the missing piece for the Nature Gift Deck. Filandravel seems OK. Unless handbuff gets some love, Filandravel will be a weak okish card. But if HandBuff gets a buff, it is going to be really good. Fingers Crossed. I might as well buy ST expansion even though I don't need to just to show my love for the new ST cards.

The Mushy Truffle fits like a glove in a Gedyneith deck: not only you can spam a Crow Clan Preacher, but also an Alchemy card:beer:. And the income outweight the cost of the card (is this expression accurate? :think:). Love it!

There is also Dol Blathanna Archer and Bowman, I'd assume those count as well
Bomber and Sentry as well. There are a total of 6 bronze units with Dol Blathanna in their names. Archer, Bomber, Bowman, Sentry, Sorceress and Whisperer. One thing is for sure... they are trying to push more RNG stuff.

rrc

Forum veteran
Oh man, LOVE the two new ST cards, which is a first for me in this expansion.
Me too. Same here. While Filandravel has potential, it totally depends on the patch notes or the next two cards that are going to be revealed. Without any buffs to handbuff, he would actually suck (a 12P Whisperers who can't even be boosted by other cards). But Bountiful Harvest is just too good. Too good to a point that I can't believe that ST is getting such a good card! It has 2 points of carryover and a Nature Tag. It is far less consistent as there are horrible options that it can get (Best case being Whisperers, Sorceress, Archer) and worst case being (Bomber, Bowman and Sentry; I think using this in movement deck to get an extra sentry is too farfetched) But still, it has more probability to get a good card. You may be forced to take an non optimal choice based on your hand and/or cards presented. Despite all these negative, I really love this card since I always felt the Nature's Gift needed another decent nature card. Moreover, it increases the boundary/reach of Forest Protectors.

I am looking forward to use Simlas for two Bountiful Harvest for an insane pointslam (and potential and carry-over) in my Nature's Gift deck. Lets see. I hope the next two cards are as good as the Harvest card.

My comments:

Filavandrael:

Currently we do have the following archetypes:
1) All-in spellatel decks with Gord as a finisher. Best synergizing leaders are probability Mahakam Forge (+1 Special). Nature´s Gift and Precision Strike (with or without Madoc) are also often used for this heavy spellatel decks.
2) Invigorate decks or decks focusing on a huge Aglais/Sheldon are seen only rarely.

I would heavily argue that he best fits into decks from category 1. The main targets of him are all SC special cards (https://gwent.one/en/cards/?faction=16&type=4&v=9.3.0). So which special should he focus on? If he is unboosted he will definitely be a bad card. I would argue for that players might try to boost him with Circle of Life and Bountiful Harvest. Then you could for a second Orb of Insight and more spellatel madness (huger Gord, Whisperers, Johnny, Sarah,...).

Is this comparable to Sorceress of Dol Blathanna. Yes and No?
Advantages are no removal/lock/damage risk and you can be sure to get your Orb of Insight if you play him Melee.
The disadvantage is that handboosting is usually more difficult than boardboosting.
Nevertheless you pay 7 provisions more for a more stable Dol Blathanna Sorceress and more Spellatel madness. Is this worth it?

Handboosting him to 8 (or 10) even brings a conditional tutor. Saov and Shaping Nature at 9 might also be considerable options.
Enchanted Armour can be the stratagem enabling him to become so tall.

Evaluation: I would give him a 6 out of 10. At first look I am not convinced by him as I consider him to be a very expensive different Sorceress of Dol Blathanna. At second look I have to admit that I underestimated PoP 2 cards and the power of playing many special cards in one turn. I think he can find his spot in Spellatel decks but will not be auto-include. Maybe upcoming specials will make this card more attractive

Bountiful Harvest

At first look it´s a very conditional enabler for cards like Filavandrael and Sorceress which is somehow comparable to NR Runeword.
Currently you do have 6 Blothanna cards (https://gwent.one/en/cards/?faction=16&v=9.3.0&q=Dol Blathanna). From these 3 are garbage (Bomber, Bowman, Archer) and 1 probably does not fit into your Spellatel deck (Sentry). Nevertheless you have a probability of 70 % that one of these cards is one of your targets and you can maybe do something with the garbage cards.
You can prepare your Filavandrael by playing units from the left and from the right to bring him in this position but this is of course often connected with downsides.
Maybe it is best fitting in Nature´s Gift, as it is a Nature Card and if you are lucky with your draw you can even create another nature card with Sorceress. Nevertheless, it also invites to board overflooding at Nature´s Gift when you go for the Whisperer.

Evaluation: I would give it a 5 ot of 10. Compared to Runeword there are fewer fitting targets. Compared to Circle of Life deathblow appears to be easier to achived than handpositioning. Maybe upcoming Dol Blathanna units make this special more attractive.

The Mushy Truffle

Best synergizing with druids + Gedyneith as already stated. Maybe Dwimveandra (+ 1 alchemy card) at least has Meme potential for this kind of deck.
Further options are Alba Pikeman (3 random damage each turn), Sly Seductress (boost engine) and Caravan Vanguard (in swarm decks).

Downside is that you need this bonded units in your hand to benefit from the bonded effect and that Golden Froth can have a terrible value if you do not manage to have 3 adjacent unit surviving.

Evaluation: I would give it a 5 out of 10. Currently it has some potential in Gedyneith decks.

Last edited:
Me too. Same here. While Filandravel has potential, it totally depends on the patch notes or the next two cards that are going to be revealed. Without any buffs to handbuff, he would actually suck (a 12P Whisperers who can't even be boosted by other cards). But Bountiful Harvest is just too good. Too good to a point that I can't believe that ST is getting such a good card! It has 2 points of carryover and a Nature Tag. It is far less consistent as there are horrible options that it can get (Best case being Whisperers, Sorceress, Archer) and worst case being (Bomber, Bowman and Sentry; I think using this in movement deck to get an extra sentry is too farfetched) But still, it has more probability to get a good card. You may be forced to take an non optimal choice based on your hand and/or cards presented. Despite all these negative, I really love this card since I always felt the Nature's Gift needed another decent nature card. Moreover, it increases the boundary/reach of Forest Protectors.

I am looking forward to use Simlas for two Bountiful Harvest for an insane pointslam (and potential and carry-over) in my Nature's Gift deck. Lets see. I hope the next two cards are as good as the Harvest card.
I think you mean a 12p sorceress, not whisperer, but yeah it seems slightly overpriced. I think 11p would be a better fit, but I still like the tactical/strategic potential of the card. It seems to immediately require a lot more thinking and offer more gameplay options (handbuff/nature hybrids) that Simlas's boring "play two bronze cards from deck," though Simlas is a much "safer" card and is pretty much mandatory in every ST deck now (which is lame, imo). My first thought for the harvest was, in fact, the extra sentries for the movement decks, which I will definitely try.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Downside is that you need this bonded units in your hand

I don't think that's the case here - the description says "Spawn and play a Bonded unit from your starting deck"

If I understand it correctly, it suffices to have a copy/copies of that card among the initial 25 cards you choose for your deck. not necessarily in your hand. I don't think it's going to work like Ulrich or Queen Adalia; rather more like Auberon King, but we will see soon.

I believe this card has potential, I really like it. The two other cards also seem quite interesting

I don't think that's the case here - the description says "Spawn and play a Bonded unit from your starting deck"

If I understand it correctly, it suffices to have a copy/copies of that card among the initial 25 cards you choose for your deck. not necessarily in your hand. I don't think it's going to work like Ulrich or Queen Adalia; rather more like Auberon King, but we will see soon.

I believe this card has potential, I really like it. The two other cards also seem quite interesting
Yes, it must be in your starting deck.
Well, if you do not have a bonded unit in your hand or able to tutor it, you will not benefit from the bonded effect.

• RED Point
Yes, it must be in your starting deck.
Well, if you do not have a bonded unit in your hand or able to tutor it, you will not benefit from the bonded effect.
I would think you want to have a bonded unit already on the board when you play this card, and maybe even two of them. Not really a good card for ST, all in all.

• RED Point
if you do not have a bonded unit in your hand or able to tutor it, you will not benefit from the bonded effect

That is of course true, without another card like that we cannot trigger the Bonded effect. However, it will be enough to activate a scenario, which can be really useful at times.

Not really a good card for ST, all in all.

Agree, this one seems to go well with SY and SK, other factions might not benefit that much from it.

Maybe also some remarks for the new descriptions:

SC "Conserve the fruits of your labor to reap the benefits later. Let the harvest be bountiful!"
This really speaks for more carryover. Expect more hand-buff Gord,... support and maybe some more Dol Blathanna units.

NG "Do what Nilfgaard does the best: use your enemies’ strength against them and give no rest for the wicked."
Would definitely expect more assimilate support and other ways to copy your opponent. Very curious what is coming.

SY: "Gather a whole family to celebrate a profitable hunting season."
Here I really do expect something new and no more bounty support. Maybe some more bonded units or units which benefit from other units being allied. Of course hunting season might be a hint for witch hunter, but this can also be something dfifferent than bounty.

SK "Conquer the death itself, then bring it on your enemies as a raging storm."
Probably more weather/storm supports. Maybe units which come back from your graveyard or do something in your graveyard if specific conditions meet.

MO: "Give in to the sin of gluttony and join the dark reveries with other sisters."
Here I expect also more Sabbath support but it´s very difficult to find out what it implies.

NR: "Congratulations on graduating from the Academy! Time to show what you’ve learned on the battlefield!"
Probably this will be cards which benefit from Patience will be used earlier. Maybe one patience summoner or conditional strength/damage,... based on the patience already being played

Here I really do expect something new and no more bounty support. Maybe some more bonded units or units which benefit from other units being allied. Of course hunting season might be a hint for witch hunter, but this can also be something dfifferent than bounty.
I was thinking not necessarily bounty support, but payoff cards after bounty (hoard cards or non damage spenders) to celebrate the profit bounty just gave you.

Maybe also some remarks for the new descriptions:

Sounds like Michelet Brothers.

I'll probably get a lot of backlash for saying this but, I hope Gord gets nerfed. I never liked this card in ST (being auto incloude and stupid good for 7p) and I think we might get to a point with these new cards where gord just becomes too much. filavandrel is yet another unit that also plays a spell, harvest spawns a unit that can possibly play another spell and we havent even seen the other cards yet. I like spellatael being strong in a unique and interesting way, not in playing a 20 point finisher on top of (hopefully) strong synergy by itself. if it wasnt for gord maybe orb wouldnt have been a 6p and the elk not a 9p (just my assumption) and I feel like gord is a crutch card that ultimately has to keep other cards low bc it would be too OP otherwise.

Top Bottom