Harvest Of Sorrow - The final card drop of Price Of Power

+
How would it help getting a scenario? Heatwave the Scenario will not put it in GY, right? Can you please explain the hypothesis? Sorry, I don't visit reddit.
Haven't read on reddit either. I think you can put the scenario in your opponent's graveyard with Vilgefortz: Renegade after setting up the practicioners and then spawn new ones.

Edit1: Another idea: Create as many IP's as you can with Operator, Megascope etc. then play Vilgefortz: Renegade on Joachim...:giveup:
Edit2: Or Canta and play your opponent's cards for the rest of the game :smart:

Last edited:
Honestly, outside of mining cards like Masquerade Ball (which cannot be intentional) the new Vilgefortz looks incredibly bad to me.
Feel free to correct me on this, but outside of the copying (in case the opponent has no control tools available) Vilgefortz looks like the most understated card of the expansion.

Honestly, outside of mining cards like Masquerade Ball (which cannot be intentional) the new Vilgefortz looks incredibly bad to me.
Feel free to correct me on this, but outside of the copying (in case the opponent has no control tools available) Vilgefortz looks like the most understated card of the expansion.
Combined with Vypper I think he can be strong.

Combined with Vypper I think he can be strong.
With Vypper you play 6+7=13 points + whatever you get from your opponent for 21 provisions in 2 cards, given that high provisions Golds are expected to play at least 2 points more than their provision cost you would have to get 25+ points in total and thus would have to steal at the very least a 12 point card to get the value that is generally expected.
The card is definitely not consistent at giving you a 12+ point card and needs that to break even.

DRK3

Forum veteran
How would it help getting a scenario? Heatwave the Scenario will not put it in GY, right? Can you please explain the hypothesis? Sorry, I don't visit reddit.

Like @chris_88 has already pointed out:

You create a ton of practitioners with operator + informant shenanigans.
You play Vilgefortz renegade, put ball in the GY (since it doesnt go through the field, it wont disappear from doomed).
And on the same turn, use all orders from practictioners to instantly put as many balls on your deck.

Yes, this is low tempo, but you can then threaten with balls on a R2 push and still have more.
It can be countered - the practitioners can be killed or locked.
And if the opponent is NG, it can use Fringilla later to put ball back on his deck and get one for himself. Or cantarella / Viper witcher alchemist to fetch one or two.

But overall, it does not seem like something the devs intended.
I know i said i missed Patience is Virtue (i skipped the TD ball matches anyway) but i dont want to see standard turn into a ball bonanza, i hate that card so much... :cry:

I am worried people will come up with other problematic combos with these two new NG cards (for example Kolgrim or Cahir), since you can copy any card in your hand.

So, Fila = Fauve, but more prov and less consistent. Why the seemingly useless dif between melee/ranged?

What does Bountiful Harvest exactly do? The text on it made my brain freeze.

The new NG cards looking super annoying as usual, will MO get a new Vij?

Last edited:
Early reveal today:
1632381700458.png

That art is absolutely amazing. :D

Not sure what to make of the ability quite yet, but I'm sure it will have cool uses. Especially with the Bonded and The Mushy Truffle.

There's the Soldier tag, too. :p

rrc

Forum veteran
Early reveal today:
View attachment 11255824

That art is absolutely amazing. :D

Not sure what to make of the ability quite yet, but I'm sure it will have cool uses. Especially with the Bonded and The Mushy Truffle.

There's the Soldier tag, too. :p
WoW! the art is amazing! Now this is how a Bonded card should be introduced, especially in this expansion, where it has really good deploy on its own and can actually be a good card to be played with the Mushy.

Next up:
This could be very interesting with or without the new Vilgefortz.

(That is one of the arts revealed during the latest tournament. It was NG indeed, then.)
Just leave this guy on the board and now if the opponent plays Oneiro or any other strong special card he could also be giving one copy to you.

I'll probably get a lot of backlash for saying this but, I hope Gord gets nerfed. I never liked this card in ST (being auto incloude and stupid good for 7p) and I think we might get to a point with these new cards where gord just becomes too much. filavandrel is yet another unit that also plays a spell, harvest spawns a unit that can possibly play another spell and we havent even seen the other cards yet. I like spellatael being strong in a unique and interesting way, not in playing a 20 point finisher on top of (hopefully) strong synergy by itself.
I see no reason for you to get any backlash for saying something which is an obvious truth. Gord is a plague upon this game.

Also, Illusionist looks cool.

Last edited:
Imperial Practicioner:

On paper he is a 5 for 5 + Assimilate + Order. He´s directly competing against Mage Turturer (best in spy focused assimilate decks), imperial diviner (valuable purify if you have an engine heavy deck or to attack the opponent defender) and slave hunter (his damage can be a good preparation for Coup de Grace).
Further options for NG assimilate at the 5 provision slot are Dazhbog Runestone, Duchess Informant (for my point crucial if you include Brethens), Experimental Remedy), Rot Tosser/Thirsty Dames (combined with Masquerade Ball), Seditious Aristocrats (Spy heavy assimilate decks).

His order can be very powerful but is also situational. You need to play him in the right moment to steal your opponent´s good card. He can be easily stopped as he has no Zeal, no Veil and only 5 body. Another way to stop him is being able to bring bad units next into your graveyard (e.g. via consume).
If he suceeds you have an additional Assimlate enabler in your deck if you did not use the below explained Vilgefortz Renegade interaction.

Regarding the (unhealthy ?) interaction with Vilgefortz + Masquerade Ball: From my perspective a deck with tons of Imperial Practicioners using Vilgefortz Renegade to put Masquerade Ball into your opponents deck is very risky and has only Meme potential Why?

1. You need to have all the Practicioners + Vilgefortz Renegade + Masquerade Ball in round 1.
2. You need to hope that your opponent can not stop you
3. If the strategy suceeds you have most probably a lost round 1 and need to win both round 2 and 3 (ok you can do this strategy also in round 2 if you won round 1).
4. Then you have the masquerade balls in your hand but you also need your aristocrats so that you suceed.

Evaluation: I would give it a 8 out of 10. He is a cheap assimilate unit who is also an assimilate enabler and offers huge ceilings.
Post automatically merged:

Illusionist

Spawning does not trigger assimilate. His value is again very matchup dependent. Best you want to steal engine cards at fist play and high body cards at second play. Can even be a 12 for 4 if you manage to copy bonded a griffin (or even more if you manage to bonded copy base strength boosted Gan Ceann).
From my perspective using both Illusionsts as a filler and using Mushy Truffel ( +2 times assimilate trigger) might be an option for NG.

Evaluation: I would also give him a 8 out of 10 seeing his potential combined with Mushy Truffel.

Last edited:
By the way, "Practicioner" is a misspelling on the reveal image. The correct spelling, 'Practitioner', is present on the version on playgwent.com and without a doubt on the card itself as well.

Next update, NG will get a card like this:

Deploy, remove all cards from opponents hand and deck which opponent bought with kegs.

"Practicioner" is a misspelling on the reveal image
I thought it was an old-timey way of spelling this :)
Well, english isn't my first language.

Will the avatar i use be any good except in Belo decks and maybe for Master Mirror? It's the Wolfpack, for those too lazy to look at it.

A certain 'McBeard' (i know, one of the forgotten ones, he was an ambassador for NR some aeons ago) once suggested a Dire Wolf neutral which could spawn a Wolf Pack from the deck.

Also, i love that Mushy tavern location card, really nice! Are there any bonded bandits to play with it, neutral preferably?

Last edited:
I don't get how the devs keep coming up with these broken cards for NG :D. Who wants to see 8 Braathens in a match? Raise your hand! Oh yeah, so much fun! Let's totally do it!

I don't get how the devs keep coming up with these broken cards for NG :D. Who wants to see 8 Braathens in a match? Raise your hand! Oh yeah, so much fun! Let's totally do it!

Actually, there´s such a combo, but I heavily argue that this will only be working in Meme decks. That the combo goes off is so much draw and opponent reaction dependent. If you manage to get such a combo work you will very likely lose the round you play this combo.

Top Bottom