Harvest Of Sorrow - The final card drop of Price Of Power

+
Actually, there´s such a combo, but I heavily argue that this will only be working in Meme decks. That the combo goes off is so much draw and opponent reaction dependent. If you manage to get such a combo work you will very likely lose the round you play this combo.
I mean, if you don't always lose the round where you spam kingslayers, you aren't going to "always" lose the round where you spam Assimilate engines which trigger every turn you spam more. I, for one, am not looking forward to playing Madoc control decks just to counter this nonsense.

rrc

Forum veteran
See PlainTalkJon's reaction for the Imperial Practitioner. He is literally scared of all the horrors this IP card can bring. This card would deserve a hotfix, but we may need to wait for month for the fix. Lets see.

I saw Jon's reaction live on stream, and I think it was rather extreme. The only way to really know the power level is to actually play the card, so I'm definitely reserving judgement until the 5th or whenever I get around to trying it out.

rrc

Forum veteran
I agree, we should wait to see how this plays out. I initially thought it is not a dangerous card. I was thinking "NG will ditch a junk card in enemy GY and get their good card in GY to the hand through V:R" and in that interaction Practitioner didn't seem dangerous. But after others explained, V:R can ditch an amazing card so that you can get multiple copies of that for the future rounds, seems pretty nuts. He is basically a 5 for 5 engine (and assimilate engines are one of the strongest as they can trigger multiple times in a single turn) and on top of that, it can get amazing gold cards for free on top of your deck? Seems pretty broken to me. But we will have to wait and see how the meta develops. If other factions get even more broken bronzes, then this may not be as much as a threat as it seems now.

well, maybe i am really wrong, but i cant see ilusionist been played too much.

I mean, when we think in it we always think in good bronzes like griffin or other tall bronzes (or even good bronzes with orders).

But lets try in a real play.

Since its a 4p card you whant to use it in round 1, and also you whant to have both in hand (i will ignore, for now, Mushy Truffel).

But in round 1, unless you have some damage its not easy to put a good bronze card in Gy (or you use insta kill cards, but you problably dont whant to use insta kill in bronzes).

So you will have 4 points (3+1) + and order and/or passive skill
problably 7 points (3+4) + and order and/or passive skill

total of 11 points and 2 orders for 2 plays and 8 provision - its not bad, but its also not good, special if you need both in hands.

In round 3 you will problably dont whant two 4 provision cards in hand, but if thats happens, you will problably play for more points than in round 1 but still not enought comparable with other golds cards.

Adding Mushy Truffel i think its a little diferente. First Mushy Truffel can trigger 2 times assimilate units. Also its plays alone for 9 points (3 from ilusionist + 6 from froth). But, for that, you still need to have damage units to kill your opponents bronzes in round 1, or play, at least, one 4 provision low tempo card in round 3

Last one revealed:
1632414923727.png

I think this is a character many were hoping for.

That plant is getting in her face though :(

A bit confused with the row locked abilities. Create and play means that you are given 3 random choices to select? I guess the ranged ability allows you to pick whatever bronze card you want.

Oh, cool, so it's like Forest Protector similar to Forest Protector, but better on every level, AND 9p. Seems legit

Last edited:
  • RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Oh, cool, so it's like Forest Protector, but 9p. Seems legit
Not only that, she's far more versatile, because she allows you to play a random card (between 3 options) if you don't like what you have to choose.
I wish Forest Protector will have the reduction cost he deserves and, now, with all justice.
That said, I think is a very good card.

• RED Point
Not only that, she's far more versatile, because she allows you to play a random card (between 3 options) if you don't like what you have to choose.
I wish Forest Protector will have the reduction cost he deserves and, now, with all justice.
That said, I think is a very good card.
I mean, yeah, she's basically better on EVERY level and 2p cheaper.

• RED Point
I just realize that the big difference is that Forest interacts with his own graveyard and Lydia with opponent's. But even with that... The abilities are pretty the same.
Don't misundestand me: I think this card is well balanced; the problem here si FP.

I don't get how the devs keep coming up with these broken cards for NG :D. Who wants to see 8 Braathens in a match? Raise your hand! Oh yeah, so much fun! Let's totally do it!
Apparently other faction's cards are even more broken, otherwise NG would be no. 1 all along ;)

I just realize that the big difference is that Forest interacts with his own graveyard and Lydia with opponent's. But even with that... The abilities are pretty the same.
Don't misundestand me: I think this card is well balanced; the problem here si FP.
I'm not sure what makes you say she's "well-balanced," since she's been just printed 5 minutes ago and saw zero play, but the point is she's pretty clearly powercreeping the hell out of FP. Whether that's suddenly FP's problem or the new card's, is kind of... "well-balanced." :D

I'm not sure what makes you say she's "well-balanced," since she's been just printed 5 minutes ago and saw zero play, but the point is she's pretty clearly powercreeping the hell out of FP. Whether that's suddenly FP's problem or the new card's, is kind of... "well-balanced." :D
Well, that's my first impression, not a fact, and I can change it once I play with the card. Everybody has one once they look at a new card, and is based on your knowledge or experience; as you also did.
For me it's balanced because most Bronze cards give 5 points on average, which makes her a 10p for 9. Yes, with Assimilate she could escalate quickly, but that requires board preparation.

Last edited:
Well, that's my first impression, not a fact, and I can change it once I play with the card. Every body has one once they look at a new card, and is based on your knowledge or experience; as you also did.
For me it's balanced because most Bronze cards give 5 points on average, which makes her a 10p for 9. Yes, with Assimilate she could escalate quickly, but that requires board preparation.
Fair enough. For me, it's the comparison to a similar existing card, in this case Forest Protector, which has been unchanged since it was introduced, which would lead one to believe IT was "well-balanced," at least in the eyes of the devs, so when a new card is printed that is a lot like the existing one, but has more utility, more point potential from synergies, AND costs significantly less, I tend to think THAT card is the unbalanced one. Either way you look at it, though, the disparity is pretty blatant.

Top Bottom