Harvest Of Sorrow - The final card drop of Price Of Power

+
i think GY atack doenst work at all.

I mean, against the melusine/dagur/defender strategy you can ban them from GY.

But like i said some posts ago, Fucusya its better than Harald, so if you need you can call back a 5p card and put 5 turn rain in the opoosite roll, wich gives a total value of 10 points (maybe you cant get those 10 points because could not hit all the turns, but stil its possible).

So using in a raider - for example - you have 5 + 6 + 2 damage + 10 possible damage - total of 23 points.

So unless you use xavier and your opponent let you ban all the cards in GY, its almost impossible to stop Fucusya to play for a huge value.

SK Legendary (Fucusya): Stupidly powerful and equally boring (we have Sigrifa's Rite which you even buffed to 8 provisions AND we can REPLAY it with the Bride of the Sea).
I mean so far SK had a decent enough package of cards, why ruin it like this?
Is it so difficult to think of new effects so now we're constantly coming back to cards that replay other cards, as if the game wasn't repetitive enough already.

I was hoping for some awesome Svalblood like stuff, something about sacrificing your own units to have some strong effect or something like that.... But nope.

Last edited:
Just one further remark regarding Fucusya:
She is basically a Renew with 5 body one more resurrecting limit and the ability to transform not needed provisions into rain.
Her only downsides are 1 provision more and limitation to SK units.

The more I think about the surer I am that this cards needs to be nerfed. The whole idea of PoP is a bit that more high-risk high-reward archetypes are added to the game. The only risk of her is that you do not have any valuable target in your graveyard when you play her.

I would suggest the following rework

Deploy: Play a Skellige unit from your graveyard with a provision cost of 4 or less and give it Doomed, then Spawn Rain on the opposite row with a duration equal to unused provisions. Whenever you play a beast the provision cost of the Skellige unit played from your graveyard is increased by one. As soon as the provision cost exceeds 10 summon self from your hand or your deck.

If this is too weak the provision floor can be increased or the 13 provision decreased.

Last edited:
With Fucusya, you can play your best 10P gold in R1 or R2 and just play them again in R3 with +5 tempo. It should be balanced by resurrecting only till 9P cards. SK hadn't been Tier 1 for sometime now and this will push push them to Tier 0 and it will take many many months to balance them.

This will force everyone to include GY hate cards like Xavier and/or Squirrel (or even double copy of Squirrel) while SK can just add their best cards in the deck. I find this card very unhealthy for the game.
Since Mo is feeding from graveyard more then Sk this times, GY-hate is alredy popular to stop Mamuna. I share the warry about this card beeing totaly unbalanced but lets wait for the rest of the cards befor calling SK T0. If a single heatwave can counter the worst aboninations it wan't be.
Still completly insane res +5 body.
(Why suddenly res 10 not only 9? -> Caranthir can do it, why not SK? BECAUSE!)

rrc

Forum veteran
Since Mo is feeding from graveyard more then Sk this times, GY-hate is alredy popular to stop Mamuna. I share the warry about this card beeing totaly unbalanced but lets wait for the rest of the cards befor calling SK T0. If a single heatwave can counter the worst aboninations it wan't be.
Still completly insane res +5 body.
(Why suddenly res 10 not only 9? -> Caranthir can do it, why not SK? BECAUSE!)
Well, Mamuna can be bricked with one or two banish from GY, but Fucusya won't. Even if she res a 4P card, she will make it up with rain. She powerceeps Mamuna in that regard which is totally crazy

Caranthir won't let you play your 10P card and he spawns a 1 power version. But SK lets you play and get the deploy ability twice and without any penalty. How can you compare Caranthir ability with Fucusya? She is miles ahead of Caranthir.

For just 1P more than renew she gets 5 power body and a bloody increase in provision cap. There is a HUGE difference between 9P and 10P as @DRK3 pointed out and we can't pretend that it is not a huge thing.

Fucusya could very well be the most OP card in the game yet. With no downside whatsoever. Probably Xavier should get his original ability of Banish all cards on deploy to threaten broken OP cards like this.

Just one further remark regarding Fucusya:
She is basically a Renew with 5 body one more resurrecting limit and the ability to transform not needed provisions into rain.
Her only downsides are 1 provision more and limitation to SK units.

The more I think about the surer I am that this cards needs to be nerfed. The whole idea of PoP is a bit that more high-risk high-reward archetypes are added to the game. The only risk of her is that you do not have any valuable target in your graveyard when you play her.

I would suggest the following rework

Deploy: Play a Skellige unit from your graveyard with a provision cost of 4 or less and give it Doomed, then Spawn Rain on the opposite row with a duration equal to unused provisions. Whenever you play a beast the provision cost of the Skellige unit played from your graveyard is increased by one. As soon as the provision cost exceeds 10 summon self from your hand or your deck.

If this is too weak the provision floor can be increased or the 13 provision decreased.
Well i didnt like the idea of "summon self". If you want to cap the card to not go more than 10 provision, you only need to say that in the card.

Also, if it summons from hand, of course, you need to buy a card, and you need to put that on the desription of the card and tha will be a huge description.

For the rest, i think "its ok", maybe for 13 provision the provision start of the card summoned from GY could be 5 or 6
Post automatically merged:

Orrr, maybe she can only summon beasts and druids, since its clearly devs wanted this card working with melusine (and druids). But, of course, she will be play with warrior, witchers and everything else

Last edited:
Sorry as english is not my mothertongue, my elaborate critic of "BECAUSE!" seemed to be unclear
Caranthir won't let you play your 10P card and he spawns a 1 power version. But SK lets you play and get the deploy ability twice and without any penalty. How can you compare Caranthir ability with Fucusya? She is miles ahead of Caranthir.
Because it's rez and because it's SK one cannot have the same criteria as caranthir. Oh yes, and it's play not summon...

And yeah i'm not looking foreward to see xavier in every game

Well i didnt like the idea of "summon self". If you want to cap the card to not go more than 10 provision, you only need to say that in the card.

Also, if it summons from hand, of course, you need to buy a card, and you need to put that on the desription of the card and tha will be a huge description.

For the rest, i think "its ok", maybe for 13 provision the provision start of the card summoned from GY could be 5 or 6
Post automatically merged:

Orrr, maybe she can only summon beasts and druids, since its clearly devs wanted this card working with melusine (and druids). But, of course, she will be play with warrior, witchers and everything else

Also like the idea that she can summon only specific categories.

Regarding the self-summoning at 10:
It can be both a reward (if you were not able to draw her and deck summon her) and a punishment (if she is hand summoned you basically lose her deploy)

While I agree with Fucusya being completely overpower, her ability is not the same as Caranthir, because last allows you to play twice in the same round an important card and Fucusya allows you to play a better card twice BUT in a game, and maybe you will have not other round. This could be crucial for a match.
This doens't means Fucusya ability ins't op, just they're different cards with not really comparable abilities.

While I agree with Fucusya being completely overpower, her ability is not the same as Caranthir, because last allows you to play twice in the same round an important card and Fucusya allows you to play a better card twice BUT in a game, and maybe you will have not other round. This could be crucial for a match.
This doens't means Fucusya ability ins't op, just they're different cards with not really comparable abilities.
Yes, of course, but in this bleeding meta i prefer play 2 times a good card in the game than have (because caranthir card is not playable) 2 good cards in the same round.

But i understand your post, there is some situations you only drop the good cards in r3 and fucusya "could be" useless. But she is not, because her rain abillity. So, even if you get a "medium" card (with less provision) her rain abiity will compense that.

Lets compare Harald and raiders - its 5 + 6 points + 2 damage from raiders and + 10 possibility damage if harald stay alive and all the cards you use in that long round are warriors
Fucusya in raiders - its 5 + 6 points + 2 damage from raiders and + 10 possibility damage from rain.

of course her 10 points rain (or even less but more than harald) its easiest to active than the 10 points harald.

So, like i say, even iff you use her in a "bad card" (raiders are not bad, just an example), she will be good.

For the record, i loved fucusya, its the card i want to play most, but i have to admit she is one of the best cards in the game and problably will be nerfed in the next patch or even in the patch she releas

Hum, it's like ancient Greatsword was but with a limitation in the type of damage. Seems an elegant solution to me. BUT I'm not sure if it's not going to be too good.

Is hitting armor/shield considered as 'dealing damage'? If yes, then this card is really strong, although it requires some board setup and rain focused deck. However, looking at current ways to apply rain/storm, this shouldn't be a problem.

On the other hand, has rain archetype been it the meta this season? Even with buffs to weather/druids introduced in the past few months?

Is hitting armor/shield considered as 'dealing damage'? If yes, then this card is really strong, although it requires some board setup and rain focused deck. However, looking at current ways to apply rain/storm, this shouldn't be a problem.

On the other hand, has rain archetype been it the meta this season? Even with buffs to weather/druids introduced in the past few months?
Hitting armor or shields doesn't count as the exact purpose of those is to prevent damage.

I like this New card, for me it was what was missing in these rain/beast/druid decks.

A lot of players were playing dagul, but He is too expensive and doesnt fit well in this deck.

I Also have a question, The damage made by rage of the sea its a storm damage?

Also the same question to that special card wich damage every unit and create a siren

Although I like to think of myself as a player of every faction, my heart is still with SK. And these last two reveals break it!. Both Messenger of the Sea and Fucusya are horribly overpowered. Fucusya simply plays for too much non-counterable value, while Messenger of the Sea generates too much potential engine power. Rain (on both rows) can easily generate 4 points a turn, and storm a lot more. No engines (let alone bronze engines) should EVER consistently generate more than two points a turn or they become "must-remove" cards that shift the game still more toward removal heavy metas.

Top Bottom