Has ANYBODY had success with the offset: 0042432a error?

+
Has ANYBODY had success with the offset: 0042432a error?

Has ANYBODY had success with the offset: offset 0042432a error?I've posted the proper ways (pcwizard report, system specs, etc.) searched through the forums, tried all the sound fixes.Anybody reporting success for this particular offset?

mcadamico said:
Has ANYBODY had success with the offset: offset 0042432a error?
Not that I've heard, sadly. We're still collating, but TiLT has come the closest as per the note in segmentor's thread.After another reinstall, segmentor went from that offset error to his original, 0018273e, so we're still looking into these offset errors. We've been running ProcMon at various times (at game load until crash, and when reinstalling the patch) which showed us some rather interesting results, although nothing so interesting we've been able to turn it into a useful tactic against the errors.For example, at game load, segmentor's machine keeps trying to reference things it can't find, which return errors. My (working, v1.3) version of the game doesn't have these errors and manages to load nicely. We also discovered the last time he tried installing the patch, it only ran for less than 10 minutes before exiting (but the process brings up the 'Finish' dialog like it has completed fine). At this stage, we're not sure if this stuff is significant or not, but I'm damn suspicious of the time it's taking his machine to run the patch. It looks like it tries to modify a whole bunch of game files, but if it's not completing those tasks properly then it would make sense the game's system files would be corrupt or unuseable. Basically, we're still collating our ProcMon results and bouncing ideas back and forth. If you'd like to try running ProcMon, give it a shot, it may flag some commonality between these failures. uh, but don't try uploading or posting the logs, as they can run into the tens of MB.

To answer your question, Marcus_de_Tycho, yes, I've tried the sound acceration to the left ...i've tried it all the way off, i've tried everything that has been suggested.By the way, Lovely Psycho, thanks for all the work. You're telling us way more than any of the moderators, or developers, and it's greatly appreciated.

yeah thanks lovely psycho. good to know someone is working on it. im going to go to the neighbors house and see if he'll let me install the game on his computer, patch it and then transfer the install over on my portable harddrive. going to see if that works.

No worries guys, I'm a stubborn thing sometimes - great for troubleshooting, not so great when it comes to choosing a restaurant! :Dmikhailbennett - that sounds like a similar approach to what we'll be trying soon :) It's been my intention all along to buy the EE whereas segmentor wanted to try giving the patch ago. The EE came out yesterday in Australia, and we've already done some quick testing (patch vs retail installation) with more to come.We do have a running theory, as well as a couple of other theories, but like a side quest that gets taken care of during a main quest, they will be incidentally put to the test when we work on our main theory. We'll also be doing a more thorough post detailing our methodologies and reasons soon, this stupid thing called 'work' keeps happening every day, though :D I don't have access to all my notes here at work, but once we get a bit of time to run through it we'll collate it into readable terms and post.This may all be a bit of a long shot, because we're unfamiliar with the specific process the patch goes through, so we may not be able to make sense of the information, but we're going to give it a shot anyway :)

CD Projekt should hire you, or someone like you for their team, Lovely_Psycho, or at least reward you guys for the QC work you guys are doing, since they obviously didn't do this process to begin with. GREAT work! (matty applauds)

I don't understand? It says it's 12kb when I'm looking at it in the folder. I open the file, and the text is there. It only turns to 0kb when I attach and post it here. I even compressed to .rar and posted it...still 0kb. Would you mind if I just pasted it in a reply?

mcadamico said:
I don't understand? It says it's 12kb when I'm looking at it in the folder. I open the file, and the text is there. It only turns to 0kb when I attach and post it here. I even compressed to .rar and posted it...still 0kb. Would you mind if I just pasted it in a reply?
better use a service like pastebin

mcadamico said:
Ok, here's my Witcher crash log.http://pastebin.com/f70848169
cay you try without ATI Tray Tools running inthe background?i've had D'jinni crashing while running RivaTuner/Fraps/D3DOverrider/etc in the background, and D'jinni uses the same engine/libs as the game

Ok, disabled ATI Tray tools, and pretty much everything else I had running in the background, and still the same crash with error offset: 0042432a

I also did a "clean boot" using the procedure found on the ati site for my vid card. #14 on this page http://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&questionID=28022I still got the crash error, offset:0042432aAnd, just to say I tried, I also booted up in safe mode without networking. I know none of the drivers are loaded, I get that,BUT the game still crashed with the same error, offset: 0042432a even without the drivers being loaded, and nothing running in the background...interesting.

mcadamico said:
Ok, disabled ATI Tray tools, and pretty much everything else I had running in the background, and still the same crash with error offset: 0042432a
d oyou have something called "Digidesign ASIO Audio Drivers" installed? can you try without it ?

Ok, tried that, same resluts. Error offset: 0042432aBut hey, if I started in safe mode, and NO drivers are loaded and I still got the same error, why would disbling just those drivers alone work, as opposed to all drivers?

Top Bottom