Has anyone actually paid Vik Vektor back?

+
I paid him as soon as I had enough. Cleaned out my bank but at least I felt better. Many have mentioned that they are getting money from the side missions, but I'm not having a lot of luck with that one at the moment, just barely have over 10K in the kitty now. Not very good for someone who has 38 hours into this game.

I paid him as soon as I had enough. Cleaned out my bank but at least I felt better. Many have mentioned that they are getting money from the side missions, but I'm not having a lot of luck with that one at the moment, just barely have over 10K in the kitty now. Not very good for someone who has 38 hours into this game.

I’ve got money from looting as much as I can carry & then selling (I’ve gotten $2-3k from selling junk alone a few times), getting the bigger payouts (or all three levels) from hacking terminals, doing side gigs, and the main quest.

I’ve got money from looting as much as I can carry & then selling (I’ve gotten $2-3k from selling junk alone a few times), getting the bigger payouts (or all three levels) from hacking terminals, doing side gigs, and the main quest.

Got it, Thanks for the info! I'll hold off from any further missions and give this a try.

Hacking terminals is the best was to get money. 5 intelligence gets a lot of them, and a perk that doubles the cash payout. Get the legendary deck for $35k, hit all 3 easy.
You can hit 3 with the default deck, but it takes a few refreshes.

Yeah. It took me a while but I got around to it. I just couldn't bring myself to "rob" him like that. He saved my life after all lol.

I was curious so after a lot of early grind(and I mean A LOT) i was able to use the option of " I have the money at the start. The guy took the money, and then I was given the quest(annd the option)to pay him back. So I guess there is no point on giving him the money in advance

Guest 4478408

well, think of it as being able to buy streetrep twice from him then...

I had enough money when I met him because I went and messed around before I even started the main story. It was pretty much all the money I had made though and I was kind of sad to lose it so early in the game.

i paid him back as soon as i could. quicksaved before hand, then discovered he sells the mk3 eyes which give you three slots. considering i filled those slots w/ legendary crit chance crit damage and +5 ram (eventually) i didn't quick load. i've yet to find another person who sells mk2 ocular implants, let alone mk3

I kind of want to, but in a meta game way it feels like throwing creds away to the AI. If I don't pay him back what's the worst that can happen? (Knock on wood, for all I know he might hire goons to attack me later in the game) But I also feel like I should. Heck, maybe it leads to more missions or something.
I paid him early. because he seems to have the best cyber mods and ware

I paid him back to complete the side quest, but knowing things in this game, it means nothing.

Yes, I almost always try to pay back my debts. And Vik seemed like a good person, so I was definitely inclined to pay him his dues.

I'm not sure if it had an impact though. Vik came up a few times during the main story, so I like to think Vik was helpful to me because I paid him back. But I'm not sure.

My Nomad and Street Kid did, simply because she saw him as family, and you don't screw over family.

My Corpo didn't, and it didn't change a damn thing.

I paid him back because he's one of the few characters I actually like. I did it early when 21k was actually a lot of money to, which felt very rewarding to me. That feeling is all the reward you get though. As far as I can tell (and everyone else seems to agree), there is no tangible reward for paying back the debt. I'm okay with that honestly. If we got rewarded for it doing the right thing, then it wouldn't feel like we were doing it for principle. IMO, a game should reward greedy actions with money and gear. A game should reward altruistic actions with NPC behavior and dialog...and maybe over time a reputation that offers an advantage in some situation. We didn't get that last part here, but it still felt good paying back Vik, so I'm happy with it.

On the mechanics side we totally got ripped off. You can get a Mk 3 version of the eyes installed for a mere 5k.

yep and you don't get anything for it. was hoping to unlock some cool implants.

Actually you do. Viktor sells a legendary version of sandevistan implant, and a legendary something else... maybe cybermod. I cant remember exactly.
But in order to buy anything from Vik you need to pay him back.

And of course he sells the shard to reset your perks (costs 100K)

20201217161502_1.jpg

20201217161609_1.jpg

20201217161928_1.jpg

Top Bottom