Has anyone actually paid Vik Vektor back?

+
It's the first thing I did before buying anything for me.
But this game is so bad that it doesn't affect anything. There are no consequences for anything.
I'll remember this when I install the game again in a year or two.

From a roleplaying perspective of course i paid my good buddy back. This time round i scrimped and saved to do so before the heist. Would be nice if there was a small consequence for being a jerk and not doing so.

Yeah I did pay him, does anyone know if he does a different voicemail in the credits if you dont? I always pay my debts but it seems nothing more came from it (opens extra missions from vic or something).

I did on both my playthroughs. I ain't leaving my choomba empty handed after all he did for me.

Guest 4519094

from a metagaming angle paying him back unlocks new cyberware,
from a roleplaying perspective of course Vik got his money back five fold,
hell would have funded misty's esoterica with him, maybe help some
of the poor conspiracy heads get some spirituality instead :p

In one of the side quest there is a “dirty” ripper that you can kill or spare. If you spare him everything he sells is half off.

Every ripper has something different than the other. Does Viktor have something special that the others don’t, I didn’t notice.

Paid him as soon as I got enough money.

Game's too easy at "very hard" difficulty so I don't need to buy strong weapons.

It's the first thing I did before buying anything for me.
But this game is so bad that it doesn't affect anything. There are no consequences for anything.
I'll remember this when I install the game again in a year or two.

Same with me. Didn't have the money on me so I paid him off as soon as I could. Consequences or not, I figure it's part of roleplaying a character...

Paid early, thinking it would have been an issue. Its not. And its also pointless to pay him.
again, how its pointless, when you cant use his services if you dont pay him??? he has some legendary and unique cyberware you cant get anywhere else...

Cause the unique and legendary cyberware does not matter at all. Wether you have it or not, use it or not. There is something weird going on with how the game is balanced and how Equipment works in the game (stat boosts). There was some reddit post about a person testing it. I think the most important influence is your lvl and stuff outside of this barely matters.

My V used the eye scanner and the hand cyberware you get from the story mission and nothing else. And i still oneshot every enemy on the hardest difficulty (except bosses, which also died like flies btw).

So yea it does not matter at all.

Edit: story wise it has literally zero impact, and I guess that was the most important impact to me. Gameplay wise see what i said.

It actually unlocks some buying options.
I think from an RPG perspective it doesn't need to have an impact on the game because you're playing the role of V like you personally want him to act, so the player has at least the opportunity to avoid feeling guilty. From a dystopian perspective, it's logical that loyalty seems to be less important and therefore paying him back wouldn't make a big difference, since everybody leans more to the selfish side.

Viktor.jpg

Nothing happens if you dont pay him, just cant use his services, but...Why wouldnt you though?. Once you get some perks in the crafting tree you can basically print money, and Vik is one among the small amount of people that are actually decent in Night City.

Top Bottom