Has ANYONE been able to pull the new finishers since 1.08/NG+ ?

+
It's weird I had uninstalled and reinstalled the game, then it worked again... But now it's starting to bug again once more... They really need to patch this.

It's weird I had uninstalled and reinstalled the game, then it worked again... But now it's starting to bug again once more... They really need to patch this.

It's just too bad... But CDprojekt Red claims they can't replicate this issue in their "test-lab" ...lol.

Basically, this sounds like no-fix incoming anytime soon sadly.

Nah, doesn't work with that patch installed, it's really frustrating and annoying having them touch their throat instead of pulling of such a nice animation.

Really hope CDPR wil fix this in the next patch, it's no fun fighting humans like this. And add the option to enable different paces of slow walking, please! Walking that fast in the Nilf. armor looks stupid and "ungraceful", I wanna walk with style;D

But seriously, really hope they put it back into the game, one way or another

Last edited:
It seems that I have the same problem.

No finishers moves since update (I don't know if it is since 1.08.2, ng+ or finishers dlc).
Auto or manual...

I have the GOG version.

Last edited:
Everyone still having issues,

After doing a lot of testing, I have come to the conclusion that this glitch can be temporarily fixed by restarting your game. You don't have to reinstall the whole game. The bug essentially starts the moment you re-load a save either from dying or just from loading a previous checkpoint. Only loading the game from the Main Menu will allow you a bug free game session for the moment, but the instant you see another loading screen, you're screwed...Or at least your finishers are.

I don't know if that means travelling between regions automatically screws you; That would mean you have to relaunch your game each time you see a (full) loading screen (the ones with story dialogue in it) except for the initial one from the game's main menu.

Anyway clearly CDPR needs to fix this, I've sent a few notes and have had exchanges with some people from the tech department, but they've been dismissive at best so I would encourage you all to do the same. Until then at least you don't have to reinstall the whole bloody game each time. Just exit your game sessions and re-load from the Main Menu.

PS. I am on a PS4 but I believe this works for all systems. Cheers.

Last edited:
Just came here to report that I am also having this issue. Whenever Geralt does the DLC Finishers, he just stops in the middle of the animation and the enemy falls to the ground.

After doing a lot of testing, I have come to the conclusion that this glitch can be temporarily fixed by restarting your game. You don't have to reinstall the whole game. The bug essentially starts the moment you re-load a save either from dying or just from loading a previous checkpoint. Only loading the game from the Main Menu will allow you a bug free game session for the moment, but the instant you see another loading screen, you're screwed...Or at least your finishers are.

I don't know if that means travelling between regions automatically screws you; That would mean you have to relaunch your game each time you see a (full) loading screen (the ones with story dialogue in it) except for the initial one from the game's main menu.

Anyway clearly CDPR needs to fix this, I've sent a few notes and have had exchanges with some people from the tech department, but they've been dismissive at best so I would encourage you all to do the same. Until then at least you don't have to reinstall the whole bloody game each time. Just exit your game sessions and re-load from the Main Menu.

I'm on PS4 i try this and it doesn't work infortunatly :/
Hope for a fix :(

So I thought I did not have this issue, but now I am also having this bug happen. Normal finishers trigger, but when new ones are supposed to trigger, Geralt just stops before the finisher.

It seems whenever Geralt would perform one of the sweet new finisher animations that enemies just grab their stupid throats and fall awkwardly to the ground. I've tried using Manual finishers but so far I only ever get the old animations.

Actually has anyone ever managed to pull one of the new animations MANUALLY (even before NG+)?

I play on ps4 and they work just fine with 1.08! Though they don't trigger very often

Had not noticed this before. Thanks. Maybe this is why the testlab cant reproduce it. They just starts a session and kills a bunch of dudes then stops without testing after a loading screen? A streatch but possible?

PC.
new finishers don't work, npcs just grab their throats and fall.
I heard reinstalling the game might fix that, but this is absurd.

Last edited:
Top Bottom