Has anyone else lost interest like I have?

+
Maybe I've been playing it too long or something, I don't know. I just don't have any drive to finish the game.

I had the opposite ~ I ran around doing everything I could to avoid reaching the end, I had drive not to finish the game.

:L

At least you enjoyed yourself unlike me now. I also did pretty much all of the smugglers caches around Skellige. Most of that stuff was junk of course.

200+ hours, 2 full playthroughs, played on PC...

Not a single game breaking bug or immersion breaking situation for me.

I don't know what's wrong with your copy of the game @Alan989 but...

200+ hours, 2 full playthroughs, played on PC...

Not a single game breaking bug or immersion breaking situation for me.

I don't know what's wrong with your copy of the game @Alan989 but...

It's the GOG version so I don't know why I'm getting these bugs. And what's with this nonsense about Skellige's Most Wanted being fixed? It still doesn't work for me.

---------- Updated at 09:24 PM ----------

Anyway, I'm basically just giving up on TW3. I'm going to keep it installed in case I do come back to it, but I can't see myself playing it for the foreseeable future.

It's the GOG version so I don't know why I'm getting these bugs. And what's with this nonsense about Skellige's Most Wanted being fixed? It still doesn't work for me.

I have the GOG Version too. Had no gamebreaking Bugs. Just the "Wanna look at my Stuff", Black Pearl and the Statue Bugs.

I know this is going to sound like gaming heresy to most of you, but I can't play the Witcher 3 anymore, I've just lost interest in the game. I reached the Ugly Baby quest but never finished it. The amount of bugs I've seen in the game didn't help much either as you can imagine: There's still quests that can't be finished and graphical bugs that just destroy the immersion. I'm not interested in starting a flame war here, I just want to know how many others are feeling the same as I am: Just bored with the game and never finished it.

Finished the game once, a few weeks ago, playing it for about 112 hours in total. Never touched the game again ever since. The ending just killed all the fun for me.

No issue here on the PS4 version. I mean, minor graphical issues, but nothing game breaking and nothing that causes me to lose interest.

The only reason I haven't started a third play through is because I'm waiting for the first expansion to come out before playing through again.

I am going through it for the second time, now slowly, without using any fast travel, and uncovering all ? sites. I am planning on doing and uncovering everything the game has to offer, and it seems to be a lot. For example, on my first run I missed the connection between a quest about a frying pan in Velen with Thaler's negotiations with Nilfgaard. It was super-cool to learn that the guy who borrowed a pan, garroted that other guy, and burned his papers, was our friendly neighborhood master-spy Thaler. :)
So right now I am still going strong, but I'll stop after I finish, and will wait for the first expansion to come out. In any case I have great hopes that EE will address our criticisms of the plot, but even as it is now, I will be playing TW3 as many times as I played TW1-2.

Well it looks like I'm a minority. I'm glad the rest of you got you moneys worth, but my excitement is just gone. Hell, I haven't played the game in almost a week and I don't really have any interest in the expansions.

I'm going to get some hate for this.

Last edited:
I lost interested in this game after 50 hours. I'm back to trying to finish Dragon Age 2 and start on my 6th hours of Inquisition. After that I'm going back and replaying Witcher 2 with Roche path since it a far superior game in so many ways.

No. Just no. I took a break last week and played Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris. Although I think it is a great little game, when I went back to TW3, I was blown away by everything about TW3. Sensory overload.

No. Just no. I took a break last week and played Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris. Although I think it is a great little game, when I went back to TW3, I was blown away by everything about TW3. Sensory overload.

Witcher 3 is a good game if your new to the series but to me it not a proper Witcher game.

I don't agree. I played TW2 also. TW2 was great, but TW3 just flat blows me away.

But does it only blow you away base on the scale and scope of the game? If you take both games and compare it pieces by pieces, Witcher 2 is superior in my opinion. Witcher 2 feel like a handcraft world while Witcher 3 seem like it copy and paste generated.

I didn't enjoy 1 or 2 in their original forms at all. Only got into them with the FCR rebalancing and reduction of loot and character inflation.

I've played W3 through twice now, which in my book makes it better than vanilla W2, but it suffers from the same faults as the earlier ones with even fewer logical reasons (Geralt is no longer afflicted by amnesia or whatever it was that made him incapable of functioning at the start of both previous games ~ now he is supposed to be fully functional and has been on the path for 6 months (i.e. longer than the entire length of W3)... yet he can barely figure out which end of the sword he should hold and can only dress himself in a handful of clothing sets....) I enjoyed it. A lot. Twice. But Oh My God... the character development is overdone and is about to get a whole lot worse thanks to NG+.

:skepticalzoltan:

But does it only blow you away base on the scale and scope of the game? If you take both games and compare it pieces by pieces, Witcher 2 is superior in my opinion. Witcher 2 feel like a handcraft world while Witcher 3 seem like it copy and paste generated.

TW3 just feels like a bigger TW2 to me. I'm not getting that cut and paste feel like I did occasionally with Skyrim, except with some of the NPCs.

I didn't enjoy 1 or 2 in their original forms at all. Only got into them with the FCR rebalancing and reduction of loot and character inflation.

I've played W3 through twice now, which in my book makes it better than vanilla W2, but it suffers from the same faults as the earlier ones with even fewer logical reasons (Geralt is no longer afflicted by amnesia or whatever it was that made him incapable of functioning at the start of both previous games ~ now he is supposed to be fully functional and has been on the path for 6 months (i.e. longer than the entire length of W3)... yet he can barely figure out which end of the sword he should hold and can only dress himself in a handful of clothing sets....) I enjoyed it. A lot. Twice. But Oh My God... the character development is overdone and is about to get a whole lot worse thanks to NG+.

:skepticalzoltan:

True. A predefined and seasoned character like Geralt is always much more fitting to an action adventure than to an RPG with character progression.

But then again I guess we play the Witcher games for VERY different reasons...

Top Bottom