Has anyone else noticed the obvious graphical downgrades?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone else noticed the obvious graphical downgrades?

http://i.imgur.com/pq0BQso.jpg
The lighting engine is obviously much worse. Also textures have been altered as well as particle effects, like the lack of burning soil/grass as a result from the use of Igni.

I have been a die-hard Witcher fan since day one; I even ordered the collectors edition of the first game the day it came out. My fears of downgrading with the release on consoles seem to get worse after each new video that I watch. I really, REALLY hope CDProjekt hasn't compromised their integrity; however, with each new video I get even more worried.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Here's more http://i.imgur.com/ZOU1X9v.jpg
For example, the foliage at the top is a LOT denser than the bottom. The bottom has grass spread out with terrible textures beneath.

Last edited:

I have been a die-hard Witcher fan since day one; I even ordered the collectors edition of the first game the day it came out. My fears of downgrading with the release on consoles seem to get worse after each new video that I watch. I really, REALLY hope CDProjekt hasn't compromised their integrity; however, with each new video I get even more worried.

Thoughts?

It's not the version showed in the sword of destiny trailer, it's a previous version of the game

All the gameplay we've been seeing so far is from the build that was created before E3 2014(how long before that is unknown). The SoD trailer is a mix-match of footage taken over a long time hence from different builds you can see HUGE quality difference in EVERY scene in SoD trailer.

EDIT:
Not to forget X amount of factors that can affect the game
Environment
Time of day(one SS could be later at night)

But yes there is a visible difference.

Last edited:
I'll wait with the judgement until someone runs W3 on Ultra and a very high end PC. With mods to change Ciri's hair color.

Basically the first one has better post-processing and lighting.

What for?
I'm guessing he doesn't like the fact that it's too white. TBH it's not what I would have imagined as ashen blonde but it's something minor for me.

I used similar mods for TW2 for Geralt's hair to make it slightly more white.

I haven't really noticed.....

Also, you have to consider the actual versions they are showing (Xbox/PS/PC)

Also, the trailers and gameplay can have different versions of the game.
Add the different visual effects, maybe even different skill levels of the igni sign and other things and in the end I guess there is nothing to really complain about. CDPR knows what they are doing.

Last edited:
Even if there is notable difference, why is the automatic assumption that CDPR has lost its integrity and is dumbing down the game because of the consoles?

A more likely scenario is that a lot of those high end effects in the trailers have not been optimized in such a way that they can show it off in a long form demo. Even with the "downgrade" and a 30FPS cap in this demo, there is still plenty of micro stutter.

The quality of those shots is too low to judge any finer detail. The only diference i can say with confidence is there is in color saturation. It's not just the fire that's less colourful but the entire second image is britghter too. otherwise though there is really no difference, you could achieve the look of the first image by applying an instagram filter to the second. or simply by changing the contrast of your monitor.

Also, keep in mind that the Wearwolf fight happens during full moon, so there is good reason for it to be bright.

It's also possible that an artist felt igni shouldn't look so bloody red, there is no graphical downgrade here whatsoever.

Thoughts?

Glad to see someone else has noticed the huge downgrade on pretty much everything. Yes, it could just be a lighter version just for demonstration purposes... but hell, this is getting worrisome, if only someone from CDPR could just come and clarify the situation. This is not typical from them, we need some official words about this.

I'm starting to think people actually want the controversy enough to see flaws everywhere. Just waiting for that excuse to jump down CDPR's throat again.

And they found you amusing for a while, the people of this city. But the one thing they love more than a hero is to see a hero fail, fall, die trying. In spite of everything you've done for them, eventually they will hate you. Why bother?

I'm starting to think people actually want the controversy enough to see flaws everywhere. Just waiting for that excuse to jump down CDPR's throat again.

That's not the case. I love CDPR, I praised everything they did, but they always said that what you see is what you get. And clearly these last demos are much different from the SoD trailer, a trailer they clearly showed to hype us. Now I just want them to keep their promise, but from what I've seen that could not be the case. I'm still devoted to CDPR but also I tend to not blindly trust anyone, so an official clarification would be greatly appreciated (be it good or bad). The fact that they didn't post anything on this forum for a while doesn't help either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom