Has anyone else noticed the obvious graphical downgrades?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Game is absolutely downgraded,some people who play more AAA games will notice it immediately.but important thing is why such a glorious PC developer has chosen this way?There are two reasons:
1)Games have two main parts ( lightning and texture/detail ) which affects performance.Many .PC owners have really fast graphic card but this is not enough to run smoothly also requires at least 2 GB graphıc memory because especially details/textures consume more memory.for example 560 ti is fast enogh to handle with any AAA games but its 1 GB memory limits to run with greater details any game.In this hard situation ,downgrading is simple,easy and effective way to reach maxium PC users.
2)Consoles are very weak and big bosses know this.To sell more consoles copies the new strategy is supporting and making agreement with games companies to release equal quality which looks smiliar at any platforms.look at gameplay trailers game looks like console port to pc.low quality lightning/shader and blurry/low textures so if you give option like supersample/TXAA what will change?.ıt seems game is firstly designed for xbox one and core engine is downgraded for this reason game will look ugly (comparing its graphical potential )there is no way to change it.
In my opinon CD project has choosen the second way,good luck for you

Graphic whores are the worst thing that ever happened to the franchise. TW2 graphics weren't even good, they just hid the lackluster engine behind a good art direction.

Graphic whores are the worst thing that ever happened to the franchise. TW2 graphics weren't even good, they just hid the lackluster engine behind a good art direction.
Sorry that we have standards? Also, it's not the graphics I'm upset about, but rather the fact that the game is noticeably downgraded. Between the console-centric UI and this, it's upsetting to see CDProjekt potentially begin to lose its way.

Last edited:
When the bar is raised on the max settings its raised for ALL of them. Irregardless of how well optimized it is. I am stuck with a 755 mother board architecture forced with the strongest possible CPU I can get for the damn thing being Quad Core Q9950 2.8 GHZ. It was hot shit six years ago, and could still max out games as recent as this year. However with the ridicules demands of graphics being raised constantly developers even the good ones are starting to have to cut the dead weight which is making it dangerously close to where I won't be able to even play these games let alone run them at a satisfactory level.

Haha, I understand. Just so you know, I have a much worse computer: Core 2 duo e6600, 8800 gtx... a computer from 2006. ;)
Though shouldn't games evolve in a graphical expect, i mean they always has?

Last edited:
Textures are absolutely much better and cleaner, you can see shit from a distance and tons of other details. Things from up-close look great and not ugly as we saw in "teaser" demo. Sure some things are not there, like real-time lightining etc, but overall it looks a lot more polished that the crappy demo we saw.
Textures are horrible.
The LOD is fine even now look at the demonic tree from the Harpy nest.
Everything looks terrible, there's nothing great about it horrible textures, extreme dithering, things have random black outlines. Any game from years ago looks miles better than that.

Sure some things are not there, like real-time lightining
...what? Not to sound rude but it seems you're not aware of what you're talking about.

Also the best part is no matter how much you may think in your head it's great it's not because that screenshot is on the TW2 renderer and DirectX9

Textures are horrible.
Everything looks terrible, there's nothing great about it horrible textures, extreme dithering, things have random black outlines. Any game from years ago looks miles better than that.

...what? Not to sound rude but it seems you're not aware of what you're talking about.

Also the best part is no matter how much you may think in your head it's great it's not because that screenshot is on the TW2 renderer and DirectX9

While the picture to which you are referring specifically doesn't look good imo, the rest of the ones posted in this thread look far better in detail and color than the gameplay footage that we have seen. Everything now looks muddy, for lack of a better word.

@sidspyker Im not even going to continue this "discussion" with you as there's no point since you seem to ignore the other examples that I gave. First screen looks a lot more polished (the one that you mentioned), and the other ones (which you didn't even dared to talk about) are absolutely superb to the downgraded E3 version - IN EVERYTHING. You don't have to be a smartass to realise that, somehow everyone sees that.

Last edited:
The downgrade is pretty obvious. Someone in this thread is just too blind to accept this fact or just doesn't care about it, still this doesn't mean everyone must get over it. We need to find out what happened so this discussion will be over.

Last edited:
With months of optimizing left I'm a bit surprised at how this thread has taken off. And the heavy concerns of "console first" graphic priorities. It's all speculation until release. Hopefully the dev keeps things completely hidden until launch to prevent recycling these threads every time the game gets a new public display.

Yes, and what I'm saying is that big developers like Ubisoft are incompetent and don't know what they're doing otherwise we'd have games that were well-optimized and not terrible ports that were shat out at the last minute.

if ubisoft outsource PC ports to ubisoft ukraine and give them low budget don't expect them to run well

@Garret117 - Atleast it won't look as ugly as Watch Dogs, thats for sure.

Yeah sure. But I'm still angry to the fact they showed us that beauty that is the SoD trailer telling us: "This is ingame footage" just to show us later on a greatly worsened version. They always said they are not the kind of people that makes vertical slices, but as for now it appears otherwise.

Textures are horrible.

I'm quite sure the final product will look much better than what we've seen in the demo, but you have to admit that the difference between this screenshot for example and the demo is quite big:

I have to say that I'm generally less concerned about graphics (not a graphics whore), but even I noticed significant difference between what we saw earlier and what we see today.

Sorry that we have standards? Also, it's not the graphics I'm upset about, but rather the fact that the game is noticeably downgraded. Between the console-centric UI and this, it's upsetting to see CDProjekt potentially begin to lose its way.

Sorry, but what console centric UI? The UI is just fine, just because it works on consoles as well as on PC, it doesn't mean it's console centric and please don't give me the radial menu crap.

As for the graphics, it may not be as pretty as the initial trailers, but there's still plenty of time to optimize performance and be able to crank it up to 11.

But even as it is now, I'm loving it. What I love about the Witcher is the unique atmosphere and deep story, awesome art/design of the world and the characters, not some generic fantasy stuff (sorry but DA comes to mind for a reference).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom