Has anyone else noticed the obvious graphical downgrades?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the game looks amazing. Yeah on the comparison picture I see the difference between the 2 demos, but wasn't this demo played on an Xbox one? I'm wondering because of the button prompts. I'm pretty sure it will look even better on PC, but even these graphics look very good to me. Not to mention it's a "work in progress", so it can only get better. :)

Compare Witcher 1's UI with the Witcher 2. The Witcher 1 had a UI that allowed for gameplay built around a keyboard. The 2nd game had a UI with horrible inventory management, shrinking menu selections, the radial menu (yes it is a valid complaint), and was obviously designed with a controller in mind.

Yes, there were problems with the inventory in the Witcher 2, the lists for example, but eventually they polished the UI and it became much better.
What do you mean gameplay built around KB+M, you can easily use the keyboard shortcuts so I don't see what the problem is. If you have something specific in mind, please share.

And no, for me the radial menu is not a valid complaint, it is very functional and fast to work with regardless if it's controller or KB+M. Please provide your solution for a replacement to the radial menu, if it's better, then CDPR should take note as they are reading the forums.

I think the game looks amazing. Yeah on the comparison picture I see the difference between the 2 demos, but wasn't this demo played on an Xbox one? I'm wondering because of the button prompts. I'm pretty sure it will look even better on PC, but even these graphics look very good to me. Not to mention it's a "work in progress", so it can only get better. :)

Get better? I really don't think so. As I said in a previous thread, considering the size of the world, they are now probably crunching to fix bugs and even cutting stuff that takes too long to fix or is unfixable. It's probably content complete. Adding more stuff means more bugs and therefore more QA.

Yes, there were problems with the inventory in the Witcher 2, the lists for example, but eventually they polished the UI and it became much better.
What do you mean gameplay built around KB+M, you can easily use the keyboard shortcuts so I don't see what the problem is. If you have something specific in mind, please share.

And no, for me the radial menu is not a valid complaint, it is very functional and fast to work with regardless if it's controller or KB+M. Please provide your solution for a replacement to the radial menu, if it's better, then CDPR should take note as they are reading the forums.

I do have a solution - Witcher 1 interface.

I am a devoted CDPR fan and that's why I spend time on this forum, but as of late I am getting worried because of several actions on CDPR's part.
Number one and the most important one is that in interviews CDPR developers repeatedly say that there is no difference across different platforms, and my answer as a PC gamer is "FUCK NO, I've paid 2000$ to see PC's superiority to consoles". People say it's PR talk and so on, but why not just say that the game obviously looks better on a 2000$ PC compared to a 400$ console. Even if it's PR talk, it is an insult to PC fans because this act is saying that keeping the console players happy is more important to us than the PC players. If we say that it looks better on PC console buyers are going to get unhappy, so we don't say it and the fuck with PC gamers which WERE THE ONES THAT HAVE SUPPORTED US SINCE DAY ONE.
number two is that CDPR has not released any gameplay vid stating that the game is running on a PC on Maximum Settings. Again it seems like it's based on keep the console players happy and the fuck with PC players.
Number three is the fact that Xbox One gets extra collectibles. This act also pisses off PC gamers, and follows the same mentality that fuck PC gamers.
Number four is the pictures posted on this forum. I'm not relying too much on the pictures because it may be from a different build or on a different platform, but it is still worrisome.
That being said I still love and support CDPR, but as a PC gamer I'm a little disappointed.

Wow, nice comparison. But...you know...compare direct feed screens with youtube (or even not direct feed videos) screens isn't a good affair.
It doesn't come from youtube :) it comes from uncompressed files from red's and I'm the one who start the point of downgrade at Polish side of forum. I will bring those gifs here as well, game still looks good and all, but it still looks like console graphics instead of PC. We can do nothing about it, previous materials for sure were "pumped up" and the optimalization is nice and clean as we all see on actual gameplays. PC version looks almost same as console one, conclude it and if you're not blind and brainless you will come with results.

1.http://gfycat.com/AgileWebbedGhostshrimp
1.http://gfycat.com/FrightenedSneakyHornbill
2.http://gfycat.com/PlayfulWellgroomedGallowaycow
2.http://gfycat.com/AnguishedAlertFawn
Even tech demo was looking better than actual game now.
http://gfycat.com/SoupyWaterloggedJanenschia.

Last edited:
Witcher 1 was a small PC RPG, with only nice artstyle on the ancient aurora engine, pc elitist muh exclusive graphics so suprior latched onto it later.

And all they do is give the games a bad rep since they enter flamewars with console fanboys

Last edited:
Compare Witcher 1's UI
Are we talking about vanilla Witcher 1 UI or the Enhanced Edition? because the original UI was pretty bad.

the radial menu
Which works extremely well with a mouse and was used in games like Crysis which was a PC only game until 4 years later and has nothing to do with "controller". Infact most people who played TW2 with a controller said the menus weren't good with a controller.

Exactly when do you use the keyboard in the inventory anyway? It's all Mouse in both the games. And how is all this even remotely related to graphical downgrade?

Are we talking about vanilla Witcher 1 UI or the Enhanced Edition? because the original UI was pretty bad.

Which works extremely well with a mouse and was used in games like Crysis which was a PC only game until 4 years later and has nothing to do with "controller". Infact most people who played TW2 with a controller said the menus weren't good with a controller.

Exactly when do you use the keyboard in the inventory anyway? It's all Mouse in both the games. And how is all this even remotely related to graphical downgrade?

It's really not related, and the fact of the matter is that the UI quality is pretty subjective. It's not even worth arguing at this point. Also, the EE UI.

Texture matters least, you can mod a 2000 game to have more high res textures than 2014 game, it will still look like crap. I bet you think this image looks good
Even more ridiculous comment, you just contradict yourself at every step. Stop it now.

If the game is modded with higher resolution textures then guess what - it will look better! Genius, right!? Why do you think there's an option for PC users where they can go from low to mid to high-ultra textures? The answer is - because you can change performance by increasing or decreasing VISUAL QUALITY of the game. Your "example" with the comparison of games (that are separate 14 years old) are beyond stupid. You seriously expect to convince somebody and prove your nonsense by saying such things? A comparison between the game from 2000 (with the technical side from 2000) vs the one that came in 2014?! Just shut up already because you obviously don't know what the f are you talking about.

"Textures and other graphical features makes no difference" - Said no one (execpt one actually)
[video=youtube;EJx-iBco9Ms]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJx-iBco9Ms[/video]

Because it makes "no difference"

Now don't ever dare to talk about textures.

Last edited:
I do have a solution - Witcher 1 interface.

A matter of personal preference, I don't think that's the best solution. From what we've seen so far from the UI in 3, it looks very nice, radial menu included. :)
I'd like to see skill trees and the rest of the menus, journal and whatnot.

This thread is going places, like the locked thread hell because people cannot have a civilized discussion about something and resort to insults or low quality posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom