has anyone gotten harmony to work?

+
has anyone gotten harmony to work? even with the new leader that I really like I couldnt manage to have good success with harmony. it feels extremely lackluster to newer archtypes, very little removal, slow and disruptable engines and only a couple of decent pointslams. the nerf to etriel and muierlega really hurt imo, it may have been justified back then but now it feels like a serious overnerf since I really cant fit them at 8 provision. WoB also feels pretty bad as a 12 prov now that you cant replay it, another case of nerfing interactions in the wrong place and later completely removing them. everything feels just so expensive but it's still crap xD
here's the deck I've made https://www.playgwent.com/en/decks/87cf0280522721b136d3433681d21058

DRK3

Forum veteran
I faced one a few hours ago... i beat it with Invigorate.

But in Harmony's defense, i had a very good matchup, i was using movement deck, which bricked his Pavko and Treant Boar, he didnt play Waters of Brokilon, i had tall removal which took care of his Dana, and then hit him with massive row punishment of 2 crushing traps+Geralt Aard.

rrc

Forum veteran
Harmony is absolute garbage. Only WoB and Percivel are the worthy units and even they are easily answered/killed. Dryad Rangers suck big time with coming -2 points/provisions. All the units (Dryad Ranger, Whispering Willow, Elf+Beast combo, WoB and even to some extent Oak) are overpriced due to Mystic Echo (remember WoB was at 10P where it should be?) and then ME is removed from the equation leaving most of the units over priced garbage. When they printed the new CoH did they even want to evaluate if this is even a worthy leader?

You play WoB and one of the Fledgling is killed by a 4P card. And suddenly it becomes a 4 point engine on board and the next round it can be killed by a 5P special card. Where did my 12P go? To bait out two 4 and 5P special cards? If WoB was in SK, it would probably be priced at 9P or 10P.

I actually tried to build a deck with CoH and I couldn't even justify myself that it will be worth it to try it out. The question comes to your mind, how will I handle SK or NR? And the answer immediately becomes clear that you can't and just exit the deck builder.

[I actually wanted to create a new thread for Harmony with a different tone, but you had created one before me. Thanks!]

Harmony is absolute garbage. Only WoB and Percivel are the worthy units and even they are easily answered/killed. Dryad Rangers suck big time with coming -2 points/provisions. All the units (Dryad Ranger, Whispering Willow, Elf+Beast combo, WoB and even to some extent Oak) are overpriced due to Mystic Echo (remember WoB was at 10P where it should be?) and then ME is removed from the equation leaving most of the units over priced garbage. When they printed the new CoH did they even want to evaluate if this is even a worthy leader?

You play WoB and one of the Fledgling is killed by a 4P card. And suddenly it becomes a 4 point engine on board and the next round it can be killed by a 5P special card. Where did my 12P go? To bait out two 4 and 5P special cards? If WoB was in SK, it would probably be priced at 9P or 10P.

I actually tried to build a deck with CoH and I couldn't even justify myself that it will be worth it to try it out. The question comes to your mind, how will I handle SK or NR? And the answer immediately becomes clear that you can't and just exit the deck builder.

[I actually wanted to create a new thread for Harmony with a different tone, but you had created one before me. Thanks!]
literally what I said, so agree! all those cards are so poorly provisioned because cdpr's terrible way of "balancing". instead of just making ME's rezz provision capped like they temporarily did with second wind (which I suggested for like more than half a year :confused: ), they just nerfed the cards played with the leader...
with WoB being your overpriced r3 card, harmony also really lacks any tempo and removal options. I tried a deck with forest defender and rebukes but it was awful. the poison package feels terrible since ranger lose their engine value when waiting for a good poison target and forest whisperer (the other one without harmony) is just a bad card in harmony period.

point-wise harmony is okay but only if your opponent doesnt just kill off all your harmony units, which happens all of the time. when I played against shieldwall my remaining fledgling at 10 and my dana at 12 were just on a silver plate for anseis. against SK, I dont think there is any chance in hell you can win with harmony, passiflora will laugh at you with their autopilot engines and I'm not sure about MO or NG, since MO lacks removal and NG lacks points.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
To my mind old call of harmony was much stronger, as you could proactively play a card which makes sense under specific circumstances and you benefited from Harmony twice (by provisions of tutored card and by harmony boosts)

New call of harmony only gives harmony boosts and in return Dana with a value of 7 provisions (6 for base strength + 1 for harmony tag). Maybe a bit higher due to relict tag.

My call of harmony deck has those unique tags. This is basically the maximum and would allow me to tutor a 9 provision card from my deck.
dryad
gnome
dwarf
human
elf
beast
ent
machine
dragon

=> Old call of harmony had 16 provisions + 9 for tutoring => Total 25 value
=> New call of harmony has 15 provisions + 7 for Dana => Total 23

I would suggest the following boost: Dana´s strength equals the amount of unique SC tags in your deck.
=> Modified call of harmony would have a Dana with strength 9 in my deck which equals a value 10 and a total value of 25

Harmony plays pretty much exactly how it used to play with old Call of Harmony (which was terrible even back in Harmony's heyday), except now you can't pull off an insta-combo like poison kill or Etri+Muriega AND MM effectively powercrept all the old futile harmony nerfs that were used to "fix" things instead of fixing the actual problem. If they reversed the WoB, Etri-Ega AND Ranger nerfs, it would still be weak on the post MM world.

• RED Point

rrc

Forum veteran
I would suggest the following boost: Dana´s strength equals the amount of unique SC tags in your deck.
That would make her very strong. You can easily pack 10 or 11 unique categories without affecting deck consistency and power which would make her come with 10 or 11 points and on top of that being an engine. I think the buffs should be for the harmony cards mainly rather than the leader.

I dont think call of harmony is the reason harmony sucks, although I would really appreciate dana AT LEAST having veil, if not immune, she is a deity for ####'s sake. I dont think she survived a single round that I played her.
that being said, if she had power equal to the number of unique ST tags and no harmony tag herself, harmony might become viable.

That would make her very strong. You can easily pack 10 or 11 unique categories without affecting deck consistency and power which would make her come with 10 or 11 points and on top of that being an engine. I think the buffs should be for the harmony cards mainly rather than the leader.

Well, harmony cards also need a buff. Still like the idea of having double use for unique tags. Maybe cap it by 6 and give vitality for the reminder.

has anyone gotten harmony to work?

I don't play Sco usually unless I am chasing daily rewards or whatnot. It's been months, probably, since I've seen an opponent have a serious Harmony deck. I used to hate them when the worked well. Now my ire is usually directed to those ridiculously OP Nor decks where they are just boost machines. They make Harmony look like kindergarten. Be good if THAT was nerfed! On the other hand, I have tried those Nor decks myself with a little bit of success.

I got to pro ladder with the deck below, the final 3 folks I played against were playing meta decks and forfeited. I can't claim its the best deck ever but it definitely has some tricks up its sleeve.

I think the best way to buff harmony would be to give more of the underwhelming ST cards the harmony tag. That way you have more benefits from playing the archetype and a moderate buff to some cards that could use some love.

The way that Harmony interacts with neutral cards is also pretty frustrating, mainly that playing a neutral card before the ST card with the same tag will prevent the Harmony proc from activating once the ST unit is played (so playing a bomb heaver before pavko prevents pavkos harmony proc.) I can see a few ways around this but none of them are perfect:

Let harmony work with neutral cards and card tags. This could totally break the archetype and force players to play super weird neutrals just to get harmony procs but its worth considering.

Let harmony proc more than once with the ST tags but just not for units that share the same tag - this would mean if you have a half elf hunter it would proc for every non-elf unit even if it wasn't on the board. This might also break things but it would at least bring it closer to how comparable mechanics like assimilate or thrive work.

Prevent neutral cards from obstructing harmony - this is the least interesting but changes the least about how the mechanic works.

I have a soft spot for harmony and ST in general so I'd like to see it get some love but I also recognise that there are higher priorities for balancing and ST is probably one of the factions that can compete with the widest varieties of playable decks right now.

Ok so I have an idea for buffing both Harmony and the call of harmony leader, what if Dana has a passive that makes harmony units proc from neutral cards instead of just scoiatel ones. That way you have to build your deck around her, the passive only works for one round so harmony isn't permanently broken in all decks but is still decent in other decks, and if she is killed the effect goes away. Maybe she also gets veil just so a 4p lock doesn't completely counter your leader ability. This would make her a bit more like the other leader abilities that play a card AND have an effect. This might not be a good idea but I had it earlier today and thought it was worth sharing. Thoughts?

Ok so I have an idea for buffing both Harmony and the call of harmony leader, what if Dana has a passive that makes harmony units proc from neutral cards instead of just scoiatel ones. That way you have to build your deck around her, the passive only works for one round so harmony isn't permanently broken in all decks but is still decent in other decks, and if she is killed the effect goes away. Maybe she also gets veil just so a 4p lock doesn't completely counter your leader ability. This would make her a bit more like the other leader abilities that play a card AND have an effect. This might not be a good idea but I had it earlier today and thought it was worth sharing. Thoughts?

I think you could get way too crazy combos with this. All Harmony needs is lower provision costs. It's not as flashy of a change as you might like but that's really the only problem it has right now: everything costs so much for what it does.

• RED Point
Top Bottom