Has anyone told CD PROJEKT RED that in Portugal we speak portuguese?

+
Has anyone told CD PROJEKT RED that in Portugal we speak portuguese?
I think they still don't realize it, how is it possible that after all this time our language is not playable in our country and is only playable in another continent?
The Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk are still without the Portuguese language in the European version, when will CD PROJEKT RED do something about it?
It's a shame

Wow I learned something today:

It is the sole official language of Portugal.

The official language in six African states: Angola, Mozambique, Guinea-Bissau, Cape Verde, São Tomé and Príncipe.

And way over in Brazil.

Then way back Eastward (or way on Westward?) as the co-official language status in East Timor, Equatorial Guinea, and Macau.

A Portuguese-speaking person or nation is referred to as "Lusophone" (lusófono).

DAAAAaaanmmmmm.... you guys got all around early on this planet.

Yes it is very strange they do not offer the Portugal language in the European version.

Yes, that does seem very ridiculous. It's translated in Brazilian Portuguese which, correct me if I'm wrong, the only difference with European Portuguese is the accent (and probably a few Brazilian specific words). Which I'm certain people in Portugal would rather have than nothing at all :shrug:

Yes, that does seem very ridiculous. It's translated in Brazilian Portuguese which, correct me if I'm wrong, the only difference with European Portuguese is the accent (and probably a few Brazilian specific words). Which I'm certain people in Portugal would rather have than nothing at all :shrug:

So the European version has Brazilian Portuguese? If it is just a difference in dialect I can understand DCPR position, I mean imagine trying to do China...

So the European version has Brazilian Portuguese? If it is just a difference than in dialect I can understand DCPR position then. I mean imagine trying to do China...

No it does not. Only the Americas version has it.

According to this at least.

Which seems ridiculous. Again, that's assuming my memory is correct and the difference is limited to the accent. If the difference between the two goes deeper, it's understandable why it wouldn't be available in Europe.

No it does not. Only the Americas version has it.

According to this at least.

Which seems ridiculous. Again, that's assuming my memory is correct and the difference is limited to the accent. If the difference between the two goes deeper, it's understandable why it wouldn't be available in Europe.

OK I get what you mean now, you are saying why the heck would CDPR NOT just throw in the Brazilian version into the European release.

It would be interesting to know if this is an oversight or they have some kind of logic for it.

OK I get what you mean now, you are saying why the heck would CDPR NOT just throw in the Brazilian version into the European release.

It would be interesting to know if this is an oversight or they have some kind of logic for it.

It's a ridiculously big oversight considering TW3 is the same.

My steam version (bought in a european country) of CP77 has portuguese as a selectable language, although it is called "Portoguese - Brazil".

So is this a problem of the GOG version only? But that explicitly lists portuguese as a selectable language for audio and text too.

My steam version (bought in a european country) of CP77 has portuguese as a selectable language, although it is called "Portoguese - Brazil".

So is this a problem of the GOG version only? But that explicitly lists portuguese as a selectable language for audio and text too.

Don't think so, my GoG version has every language available.

It seems limited to physical copies from what I'm finding. I'm assuming the OP is playing on consoles. Are there even physical copies for the PC version? It shows I haven't bought a physical copy in a while lol.

Pilots from around the world only have one language...

In 1951, when international air travel really started to take off, the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) recommended that English be the standard language for aviation communications.

Some countries which shall remain nameless do cheat on this, but mostly the world holds to this.
And it is considered to be the language of Business (especially for global business).

I will make a deal with the world, we all learn English and America will learn the metric system. :D

DC9V

Forum veteran
It should be possible to choose Brazilian Portuguese, with the European version:
Close the game, go to Steam or GOG galaxy, and right-click on Cyberpunk 2077 in your library. Then go to Properties or Manage installation -> Configure, and select the Language tab. There you can then switch to a language of your choice and Steam/GOG will download an 4-5 GB language pack for Cyberpunk 2077.

Last edited:
I could said a mistake, but could be a problem in physical version, no ?
I read on the forum that a french player have buy his "physical" game on suspicious way (non european zone), and he don't have French language (and it will never happen).

I could understand why :(
Cyberpunk Languages
Capture d’écran 2021-07-10 à 02.36.20.png
Capture d’écran 2021-07-10 à 02.38.40.png

So unfortunately, portuguese in Europe, is not at the top of the ranking :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom