Has CDPR Peaked??

+
No clue if this was already brought up. If it was, sorry for the duplicate post then.

After Cyberpunk 2077 Big Update: Revamped Combat, Stats changing, New weapons including knife throws and recovery. EVEN the inclusion of Apartments/Safe Houses WITH customization.
Do You Think CDPR is still able Update the game and Include all manner of Mechanics and Features that was Promised and Mentioned but never included? Car Customization, Going into and exploring buildings and so on, etc...
Hell maybe even including stuff the community really wants for the sake of immersion? Sitting at restaurants and enjoying a meal, sitting at bars and getting shit faced the Night City way. in general, interacting with the World and it's Environment of Night City.

Personally, I didn't really believe they'd be able to do anything really. Just Update and fix the core game, Include new cloths and guns, maybe a car or two and thats it. Not till their upcoming Expansion. I mean I honestly HOPED they would but it wasn't all that high.
But after seeing this major update and all the stuff they fixed and revamped, even INCLUDING new major stuff like Apts and shit, I was pretty blown away honestly. Like I didn't think they would actually do something like this. Not cause they didn't want to but I just didn't think it was doable with the engine limitations and Last Gen Consoles issues. Less they alienate the Last Gens.
But seeing this update really not only gave me some hope that they really can Fix up this game but made me wonder if they Really can bring this game back up to the Vision they might've had? Including and Updating Features that they planned but never could do it before due to time restraints.

Do you guys think CDPR will be able to Update the game in the future from now with stuff we all hoped for and wanted?
Or Do you think CDPR has peaked and that was all they can do?

Is there anything you guys Want and Hope for CDPR to include into the game?
I mean, let your imaginations run wild but let's Try to keep it realistic lol
I don't think we'll be getting Flying Cars with Aerial Combat any time soon if at all lol BUT if that does happen at some point in the future for CP2077...then DAMN lol they seriously proved me wrong.

Do You Think CDPR is still able Update the game and Include all manner of Mechanics and Features that was Promised and Mentioned but never included? Car Customization, Going into and exploring buildings and so on, etc...
Never promised nor featured, so no :)
Car customization it could be possible, who know... but exploring buildings, no way, too much work for "nothing".

Last edited:
The real question isn't can they, it's will they?

Because, as @LeKill3rFou pointed out, most things people considered to be promised (including what you mentioned) was never actually promised. Can they? Absolutely. Modders have already added car customization to varying degrees in fact. They even added buildings and apartments. It's all possible. It's a matter of time and resources.

I do feel like we'll see some form of official car customization from CDPR but it's really just a gut feeling and I don't really care either way. One thing I'm certain of is that they'll never spend the millions it would cost to turn the game into something it never was meant to be :shrug:

Yeah, I'm keeping my expectations very low. I think that this state is more or less final and any additions would be just adding more of the same type of content. Things that I would've really wanted them to add - more dialogue skill-checks, more dialogs in general, longer side-quest chains with important side characters - likely aren't going to happen. They may or may not expand on the endings, they may or may not expand on the open world activities, all of which I would also greatly appreciate - but non of it is given either.
I may be wrong and I hope I will be pleasantly surprised - however, until I get my hands on the new content, I'm not expecting anything huge.

Last edited:

"HAS CDPR PEAKED??"

Do You Think CDPR is still able Update the game and Include all manner of Mechanics and Features that was Promised and Mentioned but never included?
As I heard this dozens of times before, just gotta ask, what exactly was "promised", "mentioned", that's not in the game today?

As I heard this dozens of times before, just gotta ask, what exactly was "promised", "mentioned", that's not in the game today?
There are a few features that a dev or two might've mentioned in a short interview, which somehow translates to "promises". Like a single sentence - vehicle customisation comes from e3 2019 I think?; literally "some customisation options". There's around 30 cars that V can own in the game, even more unique ones besides. Probably a huge workload to get a functional vehicle cosmetic system working around that.

I would welcome any additional features to be added to the game, but I'm not really expecting anything drastic from what's already in the current release. I am hoping for a story-related expansion of some kind, but we're probably still a bit away from hearing anything about that.

There are a few features that a dev or two might've mentioned in a short interview, which somehow translates to "promises". Like a single sentence - vehicle customisation comes from e3 2019 I think?; literally "some customisation options". There's around 30 cars that V can own in the game, even more unique ones besides. Probably a huge workload to get a functional vehicle cosmetic system working around that.
It's a guess, but some already posted this video as a proof of the "car customisation promise".
In a middle of vehicle classes presentation (2:10):
Sport Cars
"These are for chooms who love the smell of exhaust and the roar of street wildlife."
"Their powerful engines and exchangeable parts make them perfect for tuning."
So I suppose that some saw "perfect for tuning" and directly assumed that they would been able to customize cars themself... How to turn a simple "presentation sentence" in a promise :)

Guest 3847602

Unless they're talking about personal garage and thermal katana, "promised, but missing feature" list is pure horse manure because it falls into 3 basic categories:
1) things CDPR specifically said it won' be in the game (1st-person-3rd person toggle, joining gangs, flying cars, minigames, watching braindances outside of quests, car customization...)
2) things CDPR mentioned at some point, but was later removed and CDPR stated this publicly (wallrunning, train, controlling Flathead outside of scripted sequences, occasional 3rd person cutscenes, apartment customization...)
3) things that were misinterpreted by journalists and redditors (1000 NPC routines, bribing cops, environmental hazards...)
Basically, it's the easily debunkable myth invented for the sake of spreading drama and milking views/clicks.

From my point of view, cyberpunk is complete as a story-driven game to begin with. More could always be done, but as long as new elements don't tell new stories, it's "just" mechanics or the simulation of something that has no use in terms of characters and story.

It's a guess, but some already posted this video as a proof of the "car customisation promise".
In a middle of vehicle classes presentation (2:10):

So I suppose that some saw "perfect for tuning" and directly assumed that they would been able to customize cars themself... How to turn a simple "presentation sentence" in a promise :)
Yeah, think you're right. Could be that it was initially planned, but got scrapped for some reason. But at no time did the word "promise" flew by. As it did bite them in the ass exponentially, it's understandable they stay quiet.

Unless they're talking about personal garage and thermal katana, "promised, but missing feature" list is pure horse manure because it falls into 3 basic categories:
1) things CDPR specifically said it won' be in the game (1st-person-3rd person toggle, joining gangs, flying cars, minigames, watching braindances outside of quests, car customization...)
2) things CDPR mentioned at some point, but was later removed and CDPR stated this publicly (wallrunning, train, controlling Flathead outside of scripted sequences, occasional 3rd person cutscenes, apartment customization...)
3) things that were misinterpreted by journalists and redditors (1000 NPC routines, bribing cops, environmental hazards...)
Basically, it's the easily debunkable myth invented for the sake of spreading drama and milking views/clicks.
Thanks for clearing this up. You put that nice in order. The Flathead thing could be a copyright issue with some other game that had it. As for vehicle customization, check this out. This is shot form a TPP that shows what happens that you cannot see in FPP getting in this particular vehicle.

Guest 3847602

The Flathead thing could be a copyright issue with some other game that had it.
Originally, Flathead was intended to be the gadget exclusive to techies and its primary purpose was hacking at range. At some point, CDPR had reached the conclusion that techie's skills were looking too similar to the netrunner's, so they decided to completely revamp the techie build and focus it on crafting.
Meanwhile, new, evolved netrunner's skills were already deemed sufficient and powerful enough, so there was no need to re-assign Flathead to hackers and the whole idea of using it as a hacking tool (outside of one, scripted sequence) was abandoned.

You are missing, "we've greatly enhanced our crowd and community system to create the most believable city in any open-world game to date".

note that GTAV, RDR2 existed at that point in time. Well, that line there is the problem I have with the game, the simulation is pretty basic, AI is very limited, and so much is missing in terms of interaction is depressing.

The game is not as bad as people have made it out to be but it is true that CDPR lied in their marketing campaign, it was not all misinterpretations.

Not to mention, some of those "misinterpretations" come from the marketing footage itself, showing the races without proper context made everyone correctly conclude that there would be street races as events in the city, and there are many things like that.

showing the races without proper context made everyone correctly conclude

You really shouldn't say "everyone" with statements like these.

I saw that and assumed there would be some form of racing but I definitely didn't expect street racing to be part of the game in any significant way. It ain't GTA or NFS. It never was meant to be that kind of game. Some form of racing is in-game. No disappointment there as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not saying the marketing campaign was perfect. There is an argument to be made about a significant portion of your clients wrongly believing your game is going to be something it never was meant to be, as indicative that your marketing campaign is sending the wrong message. If you followed development, it was clear the kind of game this was meant to be but most people don't follow development.

Last edited:
I do hope they are able to somehow add in systems and mechanics (outside combat and dialog; rather in an interactivity sense) that might strengthen the RPG aspect.

I’m not holding my breath, though.

Guest 3847602

You are missing, "we've greatly enhanced our crowd and community system to create the most believable city in any open-world game to date".
NPCs in 48 min demo are functioning exactly the same as in release version. Nothing about their behavior was downgraded. What you've seen is what you got.
It is the most believable city in any open-world game as far as I'm concerned. Only Paris from AC Unity comes close.
And yes, I've played both GTA5 and RDR2.

NPCs in 48 min demo are functioning exactly the same as in release version. Nothing about their behavior was downgraded. What you've seen is what you got.
It is the most believable city in any open-world game as far as I'm concerned. Only Paris from AC Unity comes close.
And yes, I've played both GTA5 and RDR2.

I can agree that the city itself is definitely the most believable out there, nothing comes close to NC's design, but the statement is about the crowd and community.

So I have to ask, do you genuinely believe that statement to be true? Especially at release where an explosion 2 meters away would barely rattle pedestrians.

Guest 3847602

I can agree that the city itself is definitely the most believable out there, nothing comes close to NC's design, but the statement is about the crowd and community.
Well, Borys' statement was that they've created the most believably city in any open world game, isn't it. :)
So, that's 100% is true (for me).
Did they "greatly enhance crowd and community system"?
Yes, I'd say that's also true. Play the Witcher games after CP2077 and it's easy to notice the improvements and enhancements.
Is it the most complex crowd and community system ever seen in any open world game?
No, it isn't, and he didn't claim that.

Edit: Am I being overly pedantic? Absolutely, but I believe it's appropriate reaction in situation where people decide to pick apart every sentence someone utters.
If one wants to microanalyse typical marketing spiel, then go all the way and do it fully. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Borys' statement was that they've created the most believably city in any open world game, isn't it. :)

If you take it in isolation, sure, but the full statement is that they greatly enhanced their crowd and community system to create the most.... Which does imply that the crowd and community system plays a large part in this most believable city.

I'd argue that the crowd and community system, at release, was in fact detrimental to how believable the city felt. It's been improved significantly since then at least, both the pedestrians and traffic.

I don't disagree with your edit. Still there is something to be said about how we've become too accustomed to marketing spiel being what it is and companies getting away with it :shrug:

Top Bottom