Has Cyberpunk 77 Multiplayer been completely 86'd?

+
Before the game was shown we were discussing how it might be similar to GTA Online where you wreck havoc on the city with your friends online and maybe even take "jobs" with your crew. It's been very quiet on that front. I'm unsure we will get expansions either. I am perfectly OK with not having MP and for them to focus on Witcher 4 and getting a fresh start with Cyberpunk 2. Do we actually want cp77 mp at this point?

i have never wanted a CP77 multiplayer
But with me finally starting the Witcher not usre I'll even bother with a CP sequel. However if Witcher 4 is as good as 3 is getting to be it will be a preorder for sure. Its nice to see your actions effect the world and the ending

Last edited:
Nah, no interest in MP Cyberpunk.

An expansion has been in development for some time though, so fingers crossed for that.

Before the game was shown we were discussing how it might be similar to GTA Online where you wreck havoc on the city with your friends online and maybe even take "jobs" with your crew. It's been very quiet on that front. I'm unsure we will get expansions either. I am perfectly OK with not having MP and for them to focus on Witcher 4 and getting a fresh start with Cyberpunk 2. Do we actually want cp77 mp at this point?
That's the last thing I want. Bioware disappointed me venturing into MP territory, so I'd very much prefer if CDPR sticks to SP RPGs, their specialty

Depends, personally I do not care for an anarchistic free-for-all.

If however they can make it like Conan Exiles, official servers ran next to dedicated servers run/rented by individuals, with different rules like PvE, the possibility of adding mods, then I'm not against that. Minimal company interference, no live service with mtx, please. Even releasing the server files and moving on, is better than a live service(especially a live service free-for-all). They recently acquired a subsidiary with mp experience, netcode has to be done properly.
But if they dont make multiplayer, thats fine.

I'm expecting one or two singleplayer expansions though. Not multiplayer.

That may have been before they realized that red engine just cant handle multiplayer. Conjecture, but something similar happened with SW the old republic in its time. They realized during development the technical limitations of what they got. CP2077 barely holds together so a multiplayer is pretty much fantasy on it.

As a concept, a GTA-style open world multiplayer would be super cool. But it cant be done with red engine in my opinion. Hopefully it can be done with Unreal 5.

yop, the majority would rather see Single-player expansion instead of MP.
A majority on the forum, which doesn't represent "anything", but if you ask specifically here, the "general answer" seem obvious :)
A poll on another thread :
MP:DLC.jpg

Yeah, I don't expect much of a CP multiplayer either. Maybe if it was possible to get a true roleplay experience, not a GTA online-type of game, which sounds almost impossible to me. I wouldn't mind trying it out if it was really promising, but I'd rather have more singleplayer content as well.

SO CP2077 Multiplayer.... in Red Engine 2.0, whatever that was going to be originally is definitely dead, Multiplayer at this point is either going to be a standalone game set in the "CP Universe" OR something for the sequel whenever that comes and both of those will 100% be built in Unreal Engine.

As for if it's something I'd want.... added to CP2077 in red engine 2.0... absolutely not, I doubt it would work as intended have no idea what it would look like and honestly the game is finally starting to come together as a really solid single player experience that I'd much rather see be built on and expanded. Multiplayer in CP2077 just doesn't feel like it's needed or would work.

Having said that, A standalone Multiplayer thing set in Night City, could be interesting, and well-done multiplayer (preferably co-op) in the sequel would be welcome. But the "Main Line" Cyberpunk Experience should definitely always be well written deep RPG gameplay with a focus on Single player and Narrative (hopefully one where player choice has more meaning) and they should continually build towards that goal.

I think the best example of what mp could look like in Night City, is Ghost of Tsushima: Legends or any kind of co-op mp. I don't know if will ever know how big the scope was for mp, but I don't think the original intent was ever to be a GTA Online Clone.

My guesses:

1. Honestly think we are just going to get one huge expansion for Cyberpunk 2077 rather than multiple expansions. I think they are eager to dump Red Engine and get going on UE.
2. There will be no multiplayer for Cyberpunk 2077 as it makes zero sense to build multiplayer into an engine they will likely never use again.
3. I think we get Cyberpunk 2 built with UE sooner than people anticipate. CDPR seems hell bent on churning out massive AAA open world games more frequently. I think the next installment of the series could come out as soon as two years after The Witcher 4 releases.
4. After it releases we will end up getting a pretty big Cyberpunk multiplayer experience.

My guesses:

1. Honestly think we are just going to get one huge expansion for Cyberpunk 2077 rather than multiple expansions. I think they are eager to dump Red Engine and get going on UE.
2. There will be no multiplayer for Cyberpunk 2077 as it makes zero sense to build multiplayer into an engine they will likely never use again.

Unless if it's a standalone mp game.

Oh, it's still on.

It's going to be called Cyberpunk 2076 (or CP'76) and the theme song is going to be a filk/cover of Country Roads called Nomad Roads...

Nomad roads
Take me home
To Night City
Where I belong.
Watch out for Maelstrom
They like Tinnitus
Crossing the Corpos
Will come back to bite us

and so on.

:ROFLMAO:

"HAS CYBERPUNK 77 MULTIPLAYER BEEN COMPLETELY 86'D?"

Haven't heard anything of lately, which could mean that, "it's still under advisement".

I think the best example of what mp could look like in Night City, is Ghost of Tsushima: Legends or any kind of co-op mp. I don't know if will ever know how big the scope was for mp, but I don't think the original intent was ever to be a GTA Online Clone.
not sure if we are allowed to talk about leaked code-fragments here... but back in the days it seemed like it was planned as 4 man content with different roles for each player, quest based most probably - if the info is against the rules just delete this post.

Top Bottom