Has this happened before or is this a new bug of the "Audience" quest (patch 1.52)?

+
Hello.

I'm playing Cyberpunk 2077 on Xbox Series X patch 1.52.

In the "Audience" quest, I cannot eliminate the third sniper, since he is not in the right place (He's nowhere to be found). Accordingly, I can't finish the quest, and there are no saves left outside the quest.

The alleged reason for such a rare bug: I explored this location in advance even before the start of the "Audience" quest, not knowing about it, and realized that some kind of gaming activity was planned here. Therefore, I switched all mines encountered in the location to friendly mode just in case. Most likely, when a third sniper appears in a place that is programmed for him by the quest, he is blown up by mines that he is surrounded by (this is mentioned in video reviews and descriptions of the quest). At the same time, such an early liquidation does not count and the quest cannot be completed. There is no third sniper in place, there are no mines either (probably exploded with him).

I don't have a save before, because trying to figure out why the quest is not going through, and the markers are driving me in circles – I scored all the saves with an "Audience". What should I do, how to continue the game, since I have played for many hours?

Ps I've always believed that exploring locations, including completing quests or parts of them ahead of time, should be encouraged (as in many RPG games) - but this is Cyberpunk :( .

Though I haven't encountered this bug, interacting with the mines out of intended sequence is likely the cause. It was possible (actually I think this issue still exists for some) to trigger similar problems in the quest I Walk The Line; some players would find and confront Sasquatch before discovering the Netwatch van, which led to a few unintended lock-outs, the worst was the shutters to allow progress would not open, leaving the player stuck.

(there was also a bug from a year ago where specific shutters did not open whether you found Sasquatch early or not...)

It is a shame that in some cases the game almost demands total linear progress instead of rewarding the player for exploring, but yeah - that's Cyberpunk!

I haven’t experienced this. I’ve explored too. But I did all gigs, almost NCPD early in game so by the time I did Judy’s “clouds” I had my net run, the stuff I wanted. But, msn. Sorry you are dealing with this. Maybe send a report.

Yep, It must be reported if it's not already done.
already done

Anyway, during this quest, you don't have a quest marker which point out the third sniper ?
Or it disappear when you are close to him ?
The marker moves in a circle. I reach the place, the marker leads in a circle further. If it's not about the mines (maybe I blew them up earlier, and didn't switch to friendly mode - I don't remember exactly, but the other mines in the location are friendly), then this is an old bug of 2020, when the third sniper fell to street level or somewhere else and was out of reach. But I haven't seen it anywhere, and I read about such a bug later and believed that there shouldn't be such a problem since 2020 and several patches :).

Thank you all for the answers, the problem was solved by another bug., аnd I have completed the Audience quest, Hurray!!!!.

I did a little brainstorming :) and I had a save before eliminating the second sniper. I didn't touch him, but went on to the third sniper. Imagine my surprise when I saw him floating in the air at the level of the bridge a few meters away from him. I didn't even have to approach him, I attacked him with a script, and returned to eliminating the second one. Then the quest went as it should.
p.s. At the same time, there were still no mines at the point where the third sniper should appear, and he was hanging in the air - therefore, I assumed that the bug could be the old known one described above.

It's a shame that I had to spend several hours and get negative emotions in an attempt to get out of this loop. Initially, I tried dozens of times to pass as expected from different save points inside the quest. But the conclusion is made: always have the game saved outside of the current quest in Cyberpunk 2077.

Top Bottom