Has your Witcher 3 Collectors Edition Shipped yet?

+
Has your Witcher 3 Collectors Edition Shipped yet?

I would be grateful If you have time to please put your country, store you ordered from, if it has shipped yet - later come back and confirm if service was good and if CE arrived in good condition and rate your retailer! It's good to know where to shop!

I live in England
I bought my CE from Amazon.co.uk on date of release back in June last year
Item status current - NOT SHIPPED

Last edited:
Nope, mine hasn't shipped out yet. I haven't preordered a physical copy of any game since 2010 I believe so I'm honestly unsure of what the whole preorder shipping thing will be like.
I remember the last time I preordered from Gamestop, the game came on the day of release which surprised me because I got the cheapest shipping.

I would be grateful If you have time to please put your country, store you ordered from, if it has shipped yet - later come back and confirm if service was good and if CE arrived in good condition and rate your retailer! It's good to know where to shop!

I live in England
I bought my CE from Amazon.co.uk on date of release back in June last year
Item status current - NOT SHIPPED

I have not ordered the collectors edition but the retail.

I live in Scotland.
I bought the retail from Amazon.co.uk
The item has not shipped.

It was meant to be dispatched on the 16/05/2015 (yesterday) and should arrive on Tuesday the 19th "before 9pm" :/

Sigh.
Standard Edition from Amazon UK, expedited delivery option.
Shipping date is now showing as 23 May

I cancelled it. I was paying roughly 50UKP for their fast delivery option, which, in my mind, doesn't mean "waiting until four days after game launch before they start".

@RuaridhGoG - I just had a somewhat acrimonious discussion with Amazon Chat. They said they're sending out in two batches, one today, the other, presumably, on 23rd. It looks like the UK deliveries are the ones going out today. I guess they decided that the overseas ones didn't mind waiting a few days longer.

Last edited:
my one from GAME , i got email

'Hi there,
Great news! Your order has been dispatched and will be delivered soon.
Please note that Pre-orders will be processed ready for delivery on the release date.'

so likely will get it on Monday or Tuesday

I am picking mine up all of 1 HOUR after its world wide release time. (8am for me, 1 hour prior to the start of the business day)

Sigh.

I cancelled it. I was paying roughly 50UKP for their fast delivery option, which, in my mind, doesn't mean "waiting until four days after game launch before they start".

@RuaridhGoG - I just had a somewhat acrimonious discussion with Amazon Chat. They said they're sending out in two batches, one today, the other, presumably, on 23rd. It looks like the UK deliveries are the ones going out today. I guess they decided that the overseas ones didn't mind waiting a few days longer.

I'm from the UK too and mine has the exact same delievery date (23rd) and I chose the free postage option. I also preordered a digital copy through steam so I can play it on the day.

I'm from the UK too and mine has the exact same delievery date (23rd) and I chose the free postage option. I also preordered a digital copy through steam so I can play it on the day.

Yup, I have a Steam version too, so no problem with playing it. I cancelled because I object to paying "fast-track" delivery charges for something that they're delaying shipping. I'll wait until it's in the local stores.

Unfortunately not. I ordered my CE from Walmart and I'm still scared they may cancel it. Funny how I preordered and am still worried I might not get it.

Australia, specifically Perth.
Ordered from EB Games Australia (exclusive, so I had little choice)
Shipping on Friday the 15th, estimated arrival on the 25th. Apparently it was in a warehouse in Queensland. From there to Western Australia sounds reasonable to me, I'm quite impressed since usually Perthies get everything a month late or so. However, our mailmen are (in)famous for dropping everything, so let's see how that fairs, shall we?

Sigh.

Hello i just spoke with Amazon chat too, they told me they are still waiting for the delivery from the supplier and it is expected either today or tomorrow.

I then decided to go see if i could preorder from GAME, on the pay now page it has a ! with :This Preorder is due to be shipped on 19/05/2015

I'm a little worried that i'm not going to get the game on release :/ The other option would be to go to the nearest shop which is 60 miles north.

I do have a download code for Gog but i've not used it has my internet would take a week or two to download the 27gb.

Unfortunately not. I ordered my CE from Walmart and I'm still scared they may cancel it. Funny how I preordered and am still worried I might not get it.

Mine was ordered in Jan and was cancelled by Walmart on Friday the 15th of May, with NO chance of getting this anywhere now on the PC only via Ebay for at least double the price..

And to top it off, Walmart will give you a $10 gift card as a special slap in your face for them totally missing the mark..

Here is a copy and paste of the email:

Dear --------------

Thank you for your recent Walmart.com order. Unfortunately, we have had to cancel your order as we did not receive the expected merchandise from our supplier. Walmart takes great pride in ensuring the satisfaction of our customers and I know we fell short with this issue. We will be sending you a separate email within the next 5 business days with a $10 electronic gift card (per customer) to use on any future purchase. I do hope you’ll give us another chance to earn back your business.

Cancelled order(s): 26xxxxxxxxxx720

Qty Item Name

1 Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Collectors Edition (PC)

Paid by Credit/Debit Card:

Since this item(s) has not shipped, your account was never charged. Any authorization hold placed on your account will automatically expire in accordance with the card issuer's policy. Please contact your financial institution for more information.

Paid by All Other Methods:

A refund has been issued to your original method of payment and the funds should be available within 10 business days.

You can view this order and any completed refunds by visiting:

https://www.walmart.com/cservice/ph_detail.gsp

For additional assistance, please go to http://help.walmart.com. Please do not reply to this email as the mailbox is not monitored.

Warm regards,

Michele Watson

VP Customer Care

Walmart.com

I emailed them back on how super unhappy I was with this :

Dear Sir/Madam

I ordered The Witcher 3 wild hunt collectors edition for the PC in January (Order 2677184-798720) and now yesterday, less than 4 days before it releases, you cancel my pre-order, and I now have no chance of picking up this rare collectors edition ANYWHERE other than inflated resell prices on Ebay..

See here: (http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Witcher...539?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27ff931403)

I don't know what disgusts me more, the fact you cancelled the Pre Order so close to release, or the fact you offered a paltry $10 gift card because you felt "sorry" that you lied about availability in January and cancelled it now - on a now VERY expensive item that is going to cost me way more than the $150 retail, and way more than the $10 "Sorry" from you because. quite frankly you messed up with your supply chain.

$10 does NOT make up for the fact I won't be able to pick this up anywhere else now, as it was a rare run collectors edition...

See here : (http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/games/witcher3wildhunt/)

I cannot recommend using Walmart again to pre-order anything, especially a one of a kind pre-order.. Nor will I be recommending that my friends or family to use your online services again... If this was a gift for someone else I would be even MORE disappointed than I am now, if thats even possible.

To which I got this reply:

Hi --------------,

We understand your position and are deeply sorry for any inconvenience this may cause to you. We will definitely report your concerns.

If you have additional questions, please reply to this email and we'll be happy to assist.

Sincerely,

Oswald D.

Walmart.com Customer Care

Livid doesnt even come close......

So I pre-ordered it from GOG tonight for the Digital version... I very nearly didnt due to what just happened, but really I dont think this is CDPR's fault at all....
But no medallion, no statue, no books.... ARRRGGH I am so mad right now.. this would be my first collectors edition "ANYTHING"... I will NOT be doing this again.

As for Walmart... I doubt I will ever shop there ever again...

Flipping $10... Jeezus..

Last edited:
Mine was ordered in Jan and was cancelled by Walmart on Friday the 15th of May, with NO chance of getting this anywhere now on the PC only via Ebay for at least double the price..

And to top it off, Walmart will give you a $10 gift card as a special slap in your face for them totally missing the mark..

Here is a copy and paste of the email:

I emailed them back on how super unhappy I was with this :

To which I got this reply:

Livid doesnt even come close......

So I pre-ordered it from GOG tonight for the Digital version... I very nearly didnt due to what just happened, but really I dont think this is CDPR's fault at all....
But no medallion, no statue, no books.... ARRRGGH I am so mad right now.. this would be my first collectors edition "ANYTHING"... I will NOT be doing this again.

As for Walmart... I doubt I will ever shop there ever again...

Flipping $10... Jeezus..
I'm probably never going to shop at Walmart again even if I get the CE just because of how they treat preorders. I saw that they do this pretty often with game preorders.

Nope. And Gamestop has yet to contact me about this. I'm slowly settling into the realization I might not get a CE, at least not for now. Given the recent popularity of the series, I can imagine a CE skyrocketing in price after TW3.

I've got no idea, are they supposed to be available in stores on release day? I'm in Australia and pre-ordered with EB Games, I'm just assuming I will be able to go to the shop on the day and grab it...

I preordered my PC CE from Amazon's US site since June of last year and while the collector's edition guide has been shipped I have yet to see the actually game ship. I have both email and text alerts turned on and so far, nothing yet.

Pre-ordered my CE last year, had it dispatched Wednesday, still not got it. Ordered from GAME UK, so it should be here either tomorrow or Tuesday.

I also ordered a PC CE from Amazon.com last June and my order still says "Not yet shipped". It *does* say "Arriving Mon, May 25 - Fri, May 29" with free shipping. I'm hoping release day delivery will become available any moment now.

As far as I remember, with TW2 CE (from Amazon too) one or two days before release a new shipping option showed up for "release day delivery". The game shipped and I was charged on the 16th and the game arrived on the 17th.

As with (I assume) everyone else, who ordered from Game.co.uk, it is "dispatched". Hoping for Monday.

Top Bottom