Has your Witcher 3 Collectors Edition Shipped yet?

+
I really really want a collectors edition of this game with being a huge fan but i dont want to have to go with the option of either getting a pc/xbox one and selling the game or paying the stupid prices from ebay :(

I'm starting to get worried, hope they ship mine soon. Did you also have one day delivery?

I normally have 2 day shipping because I have a Prime membership, but I contacted customer service because for some reason my game was shipping on release date which would show arrival at May 21st, the rep upgraded me to free one day shipping and it was processed today, the 18th with estimated release day arrival.

I got mine today and it was an amazon preorder placed in June 2014. Not the same store as you guys though (got mine from Amazon.fr).

Spoke to Amazon UK 45 minutes ago and they basically just said "All we can go on is whether it's shipped or not, best we can do is hope"... great!

Thankfully I have it on PC preloaded and I got the X1 edition for the all the extra goodies, was hoping it would arrive tomorrow.

I spoke to them the other day when it was meant to dispatch on Saturday and got it upgraded to one day delivery and then it instantly changed to estimated dispatch today, last game I pre-order off Amazon.

It would be interesting to find out how many of us ordered on the 5th June and got it at the pre-order price of £94.99 and are getting messed about.

@Adexus: I had an incountry retailer preordered as well but they showed me the middle finger a week ago. :(

@Lyca5050: I preordered on June 7th at 1:15am and my price was 108.33

Total was 160 (after the Priority express -> Expedited delivery)..I put around 170 pounds on my credit card so money is NOT the issue here.

Last edited:
It's very simple. They took as many pre-orders as the stock they were expecting to receive would cover. When it came time to deliver those pre-orders, they didn't receive enough stock to cover the pre-order numbers. Hence, they can't fulfill them. Amazon don't make these, and there is a limited number of them, so they would only have had a certain number allocated to them in the first place. They won't receive more just because more people expressed interest in purchasing them, in fact they stopped taking pre-orders in late July if I remember correctly, because they knew they wouldn't get the stock to cover them.

---------- Updated at 06:53 PM ----------

It would be interesting to find out how many of us ordered on the 5th June and got it at the pre-order price of £94.99 and are getting messed about.

I did! Not a coincidence I'm 'guessing.'

---------- Updated at 06:20 PM ----------
~is this really true? that sucks. my girlfriend is teacher in german and she likes to play the game in german while I play it in english

Yeah sadly. At least according to the manual.

Im Bereich Einstellungen kann eine andere Sprache der Sprachausgabe ausgewählt werden. Daraufhin werden die entsprechenden Dateien heruntergeladen.

You can ask your girlfriend to translate this. ;)

It's very simple. They took as many pre-orders as the stock they were expecting to receive would cover. When it came time to deliver those pre-orders, they didn't receive enough stock to cover the pre-order numbers. Hence, they can't fulfill them. Amazon don't make these, and there is a limited number of them, so they would only have had a certain number allocated to them in the first place. They won't receive more just because more people expressed interest in purchasing them, in fact they stopped taking pre-orders in late July if I remember correctly, because they knew they wouldn't get the stock to cover them.

---------- Updated at 06:53 PM ----------

I did! Not a coincidence I'm 'guessing.'

Yeah, usually these are negotiated between buyers from a retailer and the vendors for the developer/publisher. I used to deal in ecommerce so I guess that. The delay is probably a logistics issue.

As for those who had their pre-orders cancelled. It's more than likely due to some sort of mistake between the agreed upon numbers. The retailer was either overpromised the numbers they were going to get or there was a misunderstanding to the actual numbers available.

I also pre-ordered on the 5th of June 2014. And no updates from them. I'm starting to loose hope. Does amazon delivery also work on a 9-17 shifts? I somehow doubt they had so many pre-orders that they couldn't dispatch them all in one day, and they have some more for tomorrow. I wonder when they'll come forth and let us know the bad news.

Yeah, usually these are negotiated between buyers from a retailer and the vendors for the developer/publisher. I used to deal in ecommerce so I guess that. The delay is probably a logistics issue.

As for those who had their pre-orders cancelled. It's more than likely due to some sort of mistake between the agreed upon numbers. The retailer was either overpromised the numbers they were going to get or there was a misunderstanding to the actual numbers available.

My preorder is not cancelled per se, but my friend who has ordered the CE in the same day but a few hours later has had his estimated dispatch delivery to 19th whereas mine is still on 18th.

If tomorrow I don't get some sort of email explaining wtf is happening after I talked 2 times on phone and 4 times via chat with them and they continued reassurring me that there won't be any problems with my CE and honor it then I will be really disappointed if I don't receive it..I even pay like 50 pounds more than in other places to get it, because it's AMAZON and I expect them to keep their word.

Just a quick update for those that ordered from Amazon UK. I ordered my TW3 CE on the 6th of June. Since this morning my order had the status of "Dispatching now". I contacted Amazon's support and they reassured my that my copy will be dispatched today at midnight and will have it by tomorrow.

08:07 PM BST Amazon: I have checked and see that your order is already entered into dispatch process and it will be dispatched today midnight.
You will receive the item on your estimated delivery date Tuesday, 19 May 2015

Just a quick update for those that ordered from Amazon UK. I ordered my TW3 CE on the 6th of June. Since this morning my order had the status of "Dispatching now". I contacted Amazon's support and they reassured my that my copy will be dispatched today at midnight and will have it by tomorrow.

ohhh that is great news! what country are you in?

Would like to know if you're from UK or other country. Because I keep refreshing and my dispatch timer doesn't change.

Still waiting on Walmart. Damn, I was hoping to be playing tomorrow but it looks like I will have to wait until Wednesday or Thursday. I'm sad face now :(

Has anybody who ordered from Walmart received theirs yet? Or at least has been shipped yet?

Last edited:
Top Bottom