Hate Crimes

+
Hate Crimes

You can't have a Cyberpunk game without Hate Crimes and Controversy on people who install Cybernetics. It is literally the driving force of Cyberpunk and I sincerely hope that it will be a major factor in the story of Cyberpunk 2077

I strongly doubt that it will be an essential part of the story when Deus Ex Hr had the very same story just two years ago.

But when well done it could fit into the whole thing, no doubt.

You can't have a Cyberpunk game without Hate Crimes and Controversy on people who install Cybernetics. It is literally the driving force of Cyberpunk and I sincerely hope that it will be a major factor in the story of Cyberpunk 2077

The vast majority of the 2020 world find Cybernetics socially acceptable. I can't really think of a single reference in any of the books where someone was attacked because they had cyberware, (except when the aim was to steal it.)

If you think that way then you have no idea what cyberpunk is about. In cyberpunk there is only one driving force, survival. People don't hate each other.. Not because of those reasons anyhow.

If you think that way then you have no idea what cyberpunk is about. In cyberpunk there is only one driving force, survival. People don't hate each other.. Not because of those reasons anyhow.

I respectfully disagree, the point of Cyberpunk is that it's our world but in the future where stuff like this is possible. And things like Cybernetic controversy is entirely possible and very likely

I respectfully disagree, the point of Cyberpunk is that it's our world but in the future where stuff like this is possible. And things like Cybernetic controversy is entirely possible and very likely

Cybernetics are a commonplace in Cyberpunk. So there is little controversy about them. If you look at how famous people use cyberware in Cyberpunk, (Without Realskin or Trueskin) you can see a pattern. Cyberware are commonly used so no controversy about them. And it is not our world. Not our future.

You do realise that 2077 is based on an established setting called Cyberpunk 2020, formerly Cyberpunk 2013.

The vast majority of the 2020 world find Cybernetics socially acceptable. I can't really think of a single reference in any of the books where someone was attacked because they had cyberware, (except when the aim was to steal it.)

Not to support the OP, but there is the gang of religious whacakddoes called Inquisition who are violently anti-cyber...

But the idea that somehow anti-cyber hate is the core of cyberpunk is absolutely absurd.

Not to support the OP, but there is the gang of religious whacakddoes called Inquisition who are violently anti-cyber...

But the idea that somehow anti-cyber hate is the core of cyberpunk is absolutely absurd.

I stand corrected. I don't suppose you know which source material they are mentioned in?

But as far as i remember thats a fairly small group of whackos.

I stand corrected. I don't suppose you know which source material they are mentioned in?

Well, not really, you are still correct, as you said "vast majority" and those religious nut jobs are a fairly small group of people. They are not much more than a side note in Cyberpunk universe.

But as far as i remember thats a fairly small group of whackos.

A pretty small group indeed, but I was merely correcting the poster I quoted, who said there was no mention of such things in the books at all. As I said, I was NOT supporting the OP's stance on the subject.

The largest bit sof information on the Inquisitors are the writeups in the Core book on page 228 and in the Night City Sourcebook, page 54. They are also mentioned at least twice in the random encounter tables of the core book.

A pretty small group indeed, but I was merely correcting the poster I quoted, who said there was no mention of such things in the books at all. As I said, I was NOT supporting the OP's stance on the subject.

I wasn't correcting you, i was stating a fact. I didn't want OP to think he is right.

How..can you not know of the Inquisitors? Robes, staves..core material. Pretty sure Wisdom and I have called each other this at least a few times.

Inquisitors are aberrations. Like other wackogangs, ( Trekkies, Bozos, Juilliard), their take on the world is so 90 degrees off normal, it's defining.

In CP2020, cyber and bioware is perfectly acceptable. In most cultures and certainly in Night City.

Now, Full Conversion Borgs are more controversial - they shake even the accepted cybernetic viewpoint pretty heavily. It's one thing to swap out for an arm or eye or neuralware, it's another to pull your brain and spine out, ( some of your spine) and put it in a machine altogether.

Anyway, Inquisitors. Anti-cyber wackjobs. Dangerous as hell, like other NC gangs, and equipped and trained to deal with cyber. They get respect.

I'm all for the controversy part,

but once the game comes out what are you gonna do?
Not upgrade your character and stay the way you started forever?

I'lI laugh my ever-loving ass off when a normal non-cyberized puny humanoid attacks someone with cybernetics. Those less evolved have no power over those who are evolved.

I'lI laugh my ever-loving ass off when a normal non-cyberized puny humanoid attacks someone with cybernetics. Those less evolved have no power over those who are evolved.

This.

Even if they do some cowardly/tactical snipe-from-way off shit, they are still puny and powerless. And weak. And fleshy. And small. Etc.

Top Bottom