Hate "Sinnerman" quest! [Spoilers]

+
In keeping with Cyberpunk terminology, "I lay that gonk out, every time."
I bothered to run the entire quest, my first play through and each of my 3 additional plays through I just off'd him, straight away, with Panam's rifle lol. And that stupid b*** that always rides shotgun with him, as a bonus.

I just kill the dude and run away from the police. I saw the full quest on youtube and for me it was boring anyway, don't care about all that ethical blabbling, I already have Johnny-pain in the ass- silverhand to suffer for the entire main quest, and it's more than enough

Last edited:
Yeah, this was the worst quest I've done so far as well. I left the husband as bait for the police, booked it to the police car and justly took the guy out through the window. Even on easy the police there kept one-hit KO-ing me.
Wow, yeah you missed out. This is easily one of the best and longest side missions in the whole game. Just let the events unfold and don’t shoot at the cops and you get a 3 part side mission with an insane ending. Hate you sucked that one up, because it’s a memorable one for sure.
Post automatically merged:

I just kill the dude and run away from the police. I saw the full quest on youtube and for me it was boring anyway, don't care about all that ethical blabbling, I already have Johnny-pain in the ass- silverhand to suffer for the entire main quest, and it's more than enough
You really shouldn’t play this game. If you don’t like dialog and especially Johnny… then you should just F off from the game, like for real. Lol. Why play something you despise so much?

You really shouldn’t play this game. If you don’t like dialog and especially Johnny… then you should just F off from the game, like for real. Lol. Why play something you despise so much?

I love that quest. I hate how stupid V has to be to go through it, but I had a blast
fighting my way naked out of the Scav apartment.
It was hilarious to me.
This mission is a throwback mission to Witcher 3. You get drunk with some random travelers and wake up naked and alone. They took everything. You track them down and get your stuff. It’s supposed to be just a fun Witcher Easter egg (I’d assume).

Last edited:

no, I dont like THAT quest and boring (for me) story of the murderer plus the stupid gamedesign of that one (no save, chase with annoying obstacles maded just to piss you off etc..) About Jhonny is part of the main quest, but not the entire game (thanks GOD!!!). To me, is even worse than Abbie in TLOU2.

Last edited:
This quest is one of a most interesting in terms of story and most broken in terms of game mechanics that this game to offer.

Lets be honest - all the scripted chases in this game doesnt work as much as they should. Here, the devs had to force player to act as they wanted in open world environment which lead up to poor scripting of stopping a car. Additionally, walking up close to a cop with a gun pointed at you until a moment he shots your client is very weird and probably not how majority of players act in a game. So beginning is very weak until a point where you meet a band and start actual conversation. I think it would work better of Jablonsky was a driver with V trying to shot at a car and at some point via scripted scene having car crash after which V is observer for couple of seconds while recovering consiousness.

Storywise its a great concept, opportunity to talk about faith, forgiveness and extorsion that big companies do using religion to earn money. Second part with BD recording is very dark for a gaming standard. As with most quest, players who doesnt feel comfortable with such topics or events have many chances of going away, taking money or not.

What I dont like that much is voice actor for Sinnerman which played him in this very creepy, preachery way. For me he just sounds too happy for most of his part which takes away some weight. But its very subjective.

'Word on the street is that when Wakako says Golden Opportunity its usually a T#@d wrapped in crepe paper"
"Its a... Sticky situation"

You can't say you weren't warned.

Dialogue can't skip, no autosave, can't manual save, the vehicle is so hard to control when chasing in high speed, stupid AI human walking near the road and stupid car driving to me instead of avoiding( or are those suppose to be challenge? ).

I really hate the design of this quest! At least autosave when the quest start or let me skip all those damn dialogue!

Lol, the traffic at the start is rigged to work against the player.
Though, I was not aware that I can just kill them all. It's like all done in five seconds, and no crucifixion.

Last edited:
Traffic obstacles were actually fun and flipped my vehicles once, or twice.
But somehow I managed to fail the quest in two different places and never reached the crucifix part at all;
1st - where police guy started shooting at me instead of ..what's his name (who hired V), second time - after the kitchen dialogue.
Next playthrough will try to see the end of it, at last. :rolleyes:

Dialogue can't skip, no autosave, can't manual save, the vehicle is so hard to control when chasing in high speed, stupid AI human walking near the road and stupid car driving to me instead of avoiding( or are those suppose to be challenge? ).

I really hate the design of this quest! At least autosave when the quest start or let me skip all those damn dialogue!
its almost as if.. they didnt want you to kill him?... maybe? try it the next time its a great quest.

Its easier to kill him in the car before the quest gets really going

You can't change his mind so no matter what he is dead. All you choose is how much time to waste on the quest

I played it out fully the first time to see where the story was going. Didn't have much trouble in the chase. Then again, I didn't have many issues other than visual bugs (this was dec20-jan21).

2nd time as Corpo V and knowing the (imo) shit endings. I treated Johnny as a brain tumor and when he said his bit about following sinnerman, I wasted the guy and took off. I enjoyed treating johnny that way. Too bad it's not fully fleshed out with canned "friendly" responses. I just started a new game after a year and I think I'll take the money next time.

Something I came to think I'm not sure if this has been discussed:

Historically human sacrifice can be argued to be associated with cultures led with system where ruling caste was in a way or another associated with religion (no separation between religion and politics) and those societies had very little to none social-economic mobility.

It's impossible for me to know what all intentions writer had with Sinnerman but it's funny how it fits right in with Cyberpunk dystopia of the Night City.

Anyone thought about this?

I find it funny that people feel uncomfortable. But in no way Joshua is trying to convert you to his point of view, he is just looking for an attentive ear, nothing more. So you can disagree or hate him, but still listen what he have to say (it's free^^).

I don't see anything weird in people feeling uncomfortable with this Sinnerman. There's are so many things that are really effed up with the situation. I can't think of any game that does this real life related dread similar to European Art Film. Very surprised that writer appear to be American and has written before for EA (not entirely sure about that though, but that's what I have read from forums earlier).

How it would work part of dystopian world of CP 2077 if it weren't as disturbing as it is, I don't know.

Sorry to necro an old thread but I feel complelled to share this:

I've done the Sinnerman mission on serveral other characters prior to 2.1 and had no problems completing it. Now I fail the car chase 9/10 and when I finally suppose to talk to Joshua he has nothing to say. Cannot save (and reload) which sometimes fixes things and running off to far fails the mission.

Cheers Euclid

Top Bottom