Have you experienced the mind numbing nightmare of Gorilla Arms?

+
Gorilla Arms horrify my V. When she's at her absolute most dominating, when she's one hit killing some dude with her gorillary fists, the overwhelming raw power of the gorilla arms literally shuts her mind down and she doesn't even experience the kill.

I consider this a feature. Maybe one unique to my V? Try it out on yours. Maybe it's because my arms are legendary? Dunno.

I consider this a feature. Maybe one unique to my V? Try it out on yours. Maybe it's because my arms are legendary? Dunno.
Or/and you have high crit chance and crit damage (clothes/cyberwayres/gorilla arms mod)
Maybe also passive Short Circuit abilitiy.

But on my side, every weapons or almost "one-shot" enemies :)
But I just did the quest with the 3 Cops who beat a Corpo, and well, I had to do it again a few times, It's them who "one-shot" me. It brings my feet back to earth (only 2K armor on very hard, they hurt badly)

What I'm trying to say friend is that when I power attack with legendary gorilla arms I get no street brawling experience.. but when I just punch them I get a ton of it.

This is true of just regular weapons as well. You get less experience with power attacks.

Ok, I misunderstand :(
Dont know why, maybe a bug.
I only use Gorilla arms during my "beat on the brat" night. I unsinstall them right after. I really don't like the look of my hands whith them.

Try something... use a katana... make a power attack against any lone enemy. Tell me if yuo get blade experience for it...

Yep good idea, I'll try that right now.
I will edit when the test is done :)
Post automatically merged:

So the "test" is finished, it's pretty interesting in fact.
I isolated a single enemy to always kill the same one and reloaded the save just before.

Usual blade (Kukri)
- Strong : 135, 135, 135, 135, 135
- Light : 113, 112, 110, 107, 101

Fresh crafted legendary katana
- Strong : 135, 135, 135
- Light : 127, 130, 131

Mantis Blade (legendary bough at level 45).
- Strong : 97, 100, 98
- Light : 53, 47, 51

Without my legendary Short Circuit (passive ability add effect level one to all attacks).

Usual blade (Kukri)
- Light : 135, 135, 135
Katana
- Light : 135, 135, 135
Mantis blade
- Strong : 135, 135
- Light : 135, 135

Conclusion:
With legendary short circuit, I one shot all enemies so my xp is related to blade damage and not for the short circuit ones.
So less damage I deal with my blade, so Short Circuit deal more damage and less xp I earn.
Because without Short Circuit, it's always 135 for strong or light attack (but I don't "one shot" with light attacks).

If you want xp, don't use legendary Short Circuit at all, especially with mantis blades which do less damage than all available blades.

Last edited:
My first character was a netrunner in CP2020 so I tried in CP2077 and found out that netrunners are too much like a mage in a fantasy rpg and for computer games I have a lot of difficulty playing that type of character for some reason and have not gotten any of the legendary hacks on any play through.

Gorilla Arms horrify my V. When she's at her absolute most dominating, when she's one hit killing some dude with her gorillary fists, the overwhelming raw power of the gorilla arms literally shuts her mind down and she doesn't even experience the kill.

There's always a point you reach god-like status, even if you are set on the hardest difficulty. In my experience the biggest different between difficulty levels is just how repetitive the game gets.

Yes, I played with Gorilla Arms. I liked it better than the monowire, though. The monowire was disappointing. I thought it would have an extra use or two. But I learned all I can do with it is whip people.

I would liked to have at least seen a silent take down ability using the mono wire by strangling. It would seem skilled and professional. But instead we had to rely on a choke hold that only worked if your strength was higher than your opponent. The same if I had a knife equipped. What does it matter if I am not as strong as my opponent? I have a knife and I just snuck up on them. At that point strength is only a footnote.

My first character was a netrunner in CP2020 so I tried in CP2077 and found out that netrunners are too much like a mage in a fantasy rpg and for computer games I have a lot of difficulty playing that type of character for some reason and have not gotten any of the legendary hacks on any play through.
Legendary quickhacks usually only show once you are high level. And they tend to drop from hacking access points while uploading all 3 daemons (use the Datamine Virtuoso skill with both levels to be increase the chance of a quickhack drop, requires an intelligence of 12). Even then, you aren't guaranteed a legendary quickhack drop. Some people have said that they see them drop most often from access points around the 9-10 range. I have also noticed that there seems to be a bug in the access point hacking since I have uploaded all 3 daemons but not received the legendary quickhack components (and maybe it affects the data extraction?) so its a good idea to save before hacking them in case you need to reload. The only other way to get the legendary hacks is to craft them which requires intelligence 20.

I have lately noticed that after a combat encounter I seem to get experience for weapons I didn't use in the encounter. Like, if I killed enemies with an assault rifle I get blade experience. This might be a more widespread bug, and related to a recent update since I dont remember this happening last winter.

I have lately noticed that after a combat encounter I seem to get experience for weapons I didn't use in the encounter. Like, if I killed enemies with an assault rifle I get blade experience. This might be a more widespread bug, and possibly recent since I dont remember this happening last winter.
That's interesting. Do you have mantis blades on your V? Just curious since I have a number of "V"s that have never gotten blade experience from using another weapon. Blade experience is still sitting on zero.

That's interesting. Do you have mantis blades on your V? Just curious since I have a number of "V"s that have never gotten blade experience from using another weapon. Blade experience is still sitting on zero.
No, not yet. Im doing Kabuki street quests before doing the pickup main quest at allfoods. I only noticed this with the skill levelups that grant a perk point.

Top Bottom