Haven't crashed until now. 1.06 :(

+
While I thought I was a lucky one, I actually just installed 1.06 patch and crashed 10 min later with a flatline. Lost that progress :(. I thought 1.06 fixed most the crashes instead of causing them?

Same problem here.

I'm playing on Xbox Series X and after well over 50 hours of gameplay I didn't have a crash.

Now after getting patch 1.06 my console will crash and shut down when driving on that road that goes through Arasaka tower. The Area with the goldfish holograms. The screen flashes then the console shuts down at a certain point on the road.

I can reproduce it every time I drive down that road.

Crashes that can shut a console down can potentially brick it and I am now pissed off with CDPR.

Last edited:
I played for 25 hours without a problem, but then with v1.05 it crashed after playing for 5 hours, and then I could not load a save game again, and after a few tries of loading a save, the game started crashing when loading (at the red engine screen).
I contacted customer support and they told me to try a lot of things, nothing helped. Then v1.06 came out but I didn't help.
Now I deleted all my save games, started a fresh install, updated everything and I cannot even start a new game, as soon as I finish creating my character the game crashes.
It's a shame, I was really enjoying the game but now I cannot even start it.

Is it possible that it happens when game auto saves? They must have removed some flag or objects from saves that actually are still used in some sequences. Try turning off auto saves completly.
Post automatically merged:

I played for 25 hours without a problem, but then with v1.05 it crashed after playing for 5 hours, and then I could not load a save game again, and after a few tries of loading a save, the game started crashing when loading (at the red engine screen).
I contacted customer support and they told me to try a lot of things, nothing helped. Then v1.06 came out but I didn't help.
Now I deleted all my save games, started a fresh install, updated everything and I cannot even start a new game, as soon as I finish creating my character the game crashes.
It's a shame, I was really enjoying the game but now I cannot even start it.
Wow, is it possible to turn off auto patching off in GOG?

Hi same here, i started a new game, and im not able to visit Viktor for the first time, when i park the car and start walking to his place the game crash on the middle of the street, if somebody has a quick fix for the crashes plese let us know.

Hi same here, i started a new game, and im not able to visit Viktor for the first time, when i park the car and start walking to his place the game crash on the middle of the street, if somebody has a quick fix for the crashes plese let us know.
Check files integrity. I saw it helped someone who post in this forum already.

Check files integrity. I saw it helped someone who post in this forum already.
Thank you i just did the verification, it was 100%, but unfortunally didnt solve keeps on crashing, but again thank you for try and give an option

Same deal for me. Verification is 100% - anytime I try to load a save (i have 2 diff ones) it immediately crashes. So what now I lurk the forums to see if it gets fixed somehow? 9 hrs into a first play thru, I am definitely not inspired to start over 'cause what about when it happens again for no reason.... and definitely suggesting to friends they wait to purchase until shit runs better.

I'm running on the xbox series x and it's not even starting for me after 1.06 absolutely wounded only had a few minor bugs until now, way over 50 hours gutted

Went 80 hours cashless, then twice within 10 minutes of playing on 1.06.

Funny thing is file verification came back 100%, but it still somehow fixed my problem anyway.

Definitely give verification a shot if you haven't yet.

Can confirm here.
I have only experienced like 2-3 crashes in my 25 hours of playtime. But ever since 1.06, I have had 15 crashes minimum in the last 5 hours of playtime. No pattern to be seen here as it actually crashed randomly during conversation/combat/roaming... :(

I can't play this game now, 1.06 introduced the worst game experience for me, I crash every 5 min now. No problems what so ever until 1.06 crashing wise.

Edit: Nevermind, it's fixed now. I did a file integrity check (on Steam) and it said 3 files were missing and then it downloaded 26.4 GB.

I didn't have any game-breaking issues (at least nothing that wasn't fixed by loading last save) until 1.06 dropped. Now my game won't even load (on PC). It just says it's flatlined before it actually launches which is very annoying because it doesn't seem tell you what went wrong or give any kind of specific error message to look up...

Luckily for me I basically had already finished the game at about 80 hours, including all side jobs I could find. I wanted to keep exploring to see if there was anything I missed, though.

Last edited:
does gog have the ability to check files? I bought this at bestbuy while I was there, and i'm using gog galaxy, I hate this gog program, soooo slow on downloading and updates.

InternalVersion: 3.0.3233390 P4CL: 4173226 Stream: //R6.Root/R6.Patch0Hotfix2
!!!CRASHED!!!
Error Reason: Assert
Expression:
File: e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\engine\src\enginewatchdog.cpp
Line: 198

Top Bottom