Having a strange problem with the forum.

+
Having a strange problem with the forum.

I am an Internet Explorer user, and for the past... 2 days I think it is... I have been having a strange problem with the CP2077 forum. In fact I seem to have the same, or at the very least a very similar, kind of a problem with all of the CDPR forums... and with the entire CDPR website all together actually. The reason I am able to be here and write and what not is because I am currently using Chrome (which I have installed for cases just like this where something have happend and IE is not working as it should... which is actually a very unusual thing, this is the first time in years I have had problems).

When I go to the 2077 forum page all I see is the image background and the top bar (with the "Games, Forum, REDkit, CD PROJECT RED, and Support" text, the login stuff etc to the right is not there)... and nothing of the forum is shown at all, no links, no threads, none of the bars or forums own background (so you can read what is written without the image background interfering with that), no nothing.

This is as said a complacently new problem, and it is one I have never had before as far as I can remember. It is also only CD Projects pages and forums that I have a big problem with. I have noticed a few pages where I have been having huge lag issues, especially the XCOM 2 webpage is really slow and laggy for me (even when fully loaded... actually, the XCOM2 page has been crashing my computer), but the XCOM page still loads entirely for me.

But here it seems to be... different. When I try to go to CDPR's main webside (http://en.cdprojektred.com) it starts to load, but nothing loads up, and eventually I get an error message of "504 Gateway Time-out". When it comes to the forums though it's a bit different, where the background usually loads up, but then everything else never comes, no matter how long I wait... it almost seems like the "forum parts" of the page that should be loading up are not even initializing their load-up at all.

I have checked my Java (which is up to date), I also checked and installed the latest version of Flash (since that sometimes can be a cause for things), I also updated my IE to the latest version (did not reinstall it though... I might do that eventually if nothing else turns up), and I have also updated windows with the Windows Update thingy (was over a year ago I did that the last time XD )... but nothing has helped so far. I have not installed anything new either on my computer around and just before this started to happen.

So I wonder if anyone here might have any idea what might be going on and/or causing it. I have considered that it might be my computer that is the problem, but since this is the only page this particular problem is happening on I am uncertain about it being my computer in this case. I have also considered that it might be the fact that Witcher 3 just came out and a lot more people might be using the page and somehow effecting my side of things due to it... but there I am also sceptical... seeing as how it is works on Chrome. So... any ideas or thoughts?

Tried ctrl F5 multiple times, but there is no change. As soon as the background is loaded the site stops loading entirely, the spinning circle stops spinning and goes away just as it does when ever IE feels it is done loading a page.

Edit: Actually... here might be some useful clues. The Witcher Battle Arena forum only shows the top bar with "game, forum, REDkit, CD Project Red, and Support (the login etc stuff to the right is not there) in it, and the rest of the page is just black... or really dark grey rather. The REDkit forum is the same, except that the background is completely white.

BUT... the forum for the Witcher series is a bit different. There I do at least get a small part of the top of the forum stuff... and the background behind it... but below that point there is a sharp straight horizontal line and below it the background is just darkgrey, almost like it forgot to load the rest. Anyway... the part of the forum I can see, how much I can see changes from time to time that I load the page. I can usually see that little house icon on the left, and after that it says "The Witcher Series". And then how much I see after that varies as I said... sometimes I see down to "Forum: The Witcher Series", and sometimes one or two more lines of text. But almost always just below the last bit of text I can see I see other kind of text, code text.

Here below are 3 lines of code text that comes from 3 different loadings of the witcher forum page. Hopefully they actually show up when I post them.

<div id="pagetitle" class="pagetitle"

<p class="description"

<!-- END TE

Last edited:
...people still voluntarily use IE? =p

Though you didn't mention it, I presume you've already tried clearing the cache, yes?

...people still voluntarily use IE? =p

Though you didn't mention it, I presume you've already tried clearing the cache, yes?

I actually very rarely have any problems at all with IE, been using it for over 10-12 years by now, and usually the few times I have had problems with IE it has usually been something I did, or did not do (like I think I was on IE6 so long that it was IE8-9 the next time I upgraded it XD ), or due to something else with my computer. I have tried other browsers over the years, and they are if anything the ones that tend to have caused me more problems, and more often so as well then IE ever have. XD

Anywho... Do you mean the IE's cache? Or other specific cache's?

If it is the IE browser history etc you mean... then I have. Unclicked "preserve favorite website data", and deleted "Temporary internet files.. etc", cookies, History, and Download history just for the sake of it. Not sure if there is something else I need to delete here, or if I need to go in and do it manually somewhere by deleting files by hand in some folder.

It has not helped though. It is more and more leaning to that I might have to reinstall IE 11 completely and hope that fixes it. I have just been avoiding it so far just in case there is some other cause of the problem that I have not found yet, but also because I would have to set up my browser the way I want it again, with everything from favorites to settings etc... which, due to the fact that it is me we are talking about, can be pretty time consuming. XD

Heh. I was mostly teasing about using IE. ;-)

I prefer Chrome, m'self, but it's a personal preference.

Anywho... Do you mean the IE's cache?
I did indeed.

It has not helped though. It is more and more leaning to that I might have to reinstall IE 11 completely and hope that fixes it. I have just been avoiding it so far just in case there is some other cause of the problem that I have not found yet, but also because I would have to set up my browser the way I want it again, with everything from favorites to settings etc... which, due to the fact that it is me we are talking about, can be pretty time consuming. XD
No bueno.

Well, hopefully, the reinstall isn't too painful. Good luck.

How... strange.

So far I have not done anything yet with IE. I have not tampered with it anymore, and I have not reinstalled it. Neither have I done anything with my computer, no new thing updated and/or installed, no changes in settings, no nothing.

And somehow, at some point between yesterday afternoon, to today afternoon (Í have occationallychecked the site with IE)... something must have happend. Because all of a sudden the page is working as it should using IE. Did anyone over there do something with the forum? XD

Electronics... why you sometimes be so strange! XD

Top Bottom